RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

My other teams Ezine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

http://us5.campaign-...0c&e=2a2f10a153
Have a read, I hope you like it!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#2 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

That's very impressive Ron. Excellent Web Site and very good quality video on YouTube. The whole thing seems to me to have been very well put together.

When will Coventry Bears join the Championship and what are the gates like.

Posted Image

#3 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for that.
The application was supposed to be being discussed at a meeting yesterday. We have been advised throughout the process so that the final draft was in accordance with the criteria.
We have a regular attendance of about 150. This is our core number and is comparable to Hemels. We of course are only playing NCL 3.
We have a strategy to advertise and push that number up when we can promote ourselves as a Championship side rather than a fairly low level amateur team.
It is our understanding that if we are to be accepted it would probably be for 2015. That very much suits our business plan.
It's always been my dream that my home town team would one day play the team that I helped start.
The dream of course is based on Superleague and not Championship(That's pretty much a nightmare!)

Edited by bearman, 27 July 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Good luck with your plans Ron! As a Swinton fan I'm sorry to say that it is possible that after tomorrow that there might not be a Swinton club to play you in 2015 and beyond! Especially as 2016 marks the 150th anniversary of the formation of the club!

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

He got that one wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users