Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warning - Parking v Keighley Cougars. Sun Aug 4th

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Admin : might be a good idea to make his a 'sticky ' post so more supporters see it.

Hi folks ,
I hope there's plenty of you coming for this match but please
think about where you park as lots of away fans have been
getting parking tickets.

Try to avoid any side roads on 'Royd Ings' (Bottom end of ground )
that lead into industrial complexes , SOME of these look like normal
roads bit are indeed Private and notlong after kick off the parasites
with the parking tickets appear and slap one on every windacreen tjey can see on thier side roads.

also , try to avoid Keighley Leisure Centre Car park ( Victoria Park ) , the Carpet showroom opposite and the out of town shopping complex behind the K.F.C. These are all Anti Parking for the Cougars.

On the plus side there is parking at the Cricket Club ( entrance right next to Top CougRs Turnstyle opposite Macdonalds) and also plenty on the normal road on Roydings at the bottom of the ground but as said AVOID the little side roads at all costs.

Spread the word folks and hope we have a great game !!!!!

COUUUUUGARS !!!!

Edited by BurleyCougar, 26 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#2 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Admin : might be N ideq to make this a sticky then more people see it.

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'd also advise anyone who incurs one of these 'tickets' - by pretty much pure accident, to ignore them. If they're from the local council, pay them. If they're from a private company (i.e. money grabbing scumbags using scare tactics to exploit people), ignore them. The cowboys rely on the fact that worried drivers will pay up, pronto. Its not actually worth their while to try and pursue a ticket payment through the courts.

Edited by TheTerminator, 27 July 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Depending how tomorrow goes, i dont think you'll need to worry too much as there wont be many from Batley there.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Always amazed that the companies on the road in question don't open their car parks and make a bit of cash by charging to park,100 

cars @ £2 a time and pay someone £30 to man the gate, easy money, if only 50 cars it would still be worth it.

#6 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wouldn't worry too much about the parking.  I'm sure it will accomodate the 2 men and a dog who will bother to travel over after today's latest debacle.  Mind you, I could be wrong.  The dog might think better of it and stay at home. 

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Be aware that the A650 Wakefield road in Bradford is completely closed next Sunday.

#8 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

@baz
One of the companies lent tje cougars a carpark on matchdays but they went bust and the administrators won't let tje cougars use it now , a very good income stream lost :-(

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

@baz
One of the companies lent tje cougars a carpark on matchdays but they went bust and the administrators won't let tje cougars use it now , a very good income stream lost :-(

Is that the car park at the bottom corner of the ground?

#10 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Good to see co-operation between supporters, thanks Keighley boys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users