Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

This is insulting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

For CKN's (and others) benefit it is advisable not to insult other forum members. However if you want to hurl words of personal abuse at someone, you are now legally allowed to insult the French President http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-23464731

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#2 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

This Is Insulting - I thought you were referring to the advert for a programme shown on the BBC last week.  I was about how overweight the population are getting, and at the start the voice over said something like "Our population has never been so over weight, what can we do about it?", and this was spoken against a background of St Helens fans walking out of their stadium - 'good old BBC' I thought, 'never misses a trick to put us in our place'. 

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#3 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

This Is Insulting - I thought you were referring to the advert for a programme shown on the BBC last week. I was about how overweight the population are getting, and at the start the voice over said something like "Our population has never been so over weight, what can we do about it?", and this was spoken against a background of St Helens fans walking out of their stadium - 'good old BBC' I thought, 'never misses a trick to put us in our place'.

Are Saints fans fatties?

Off topic slightly but there is a real problem with obesity in the UK. Walk around any town centre and half the people you see are fat. There doesn't seem to be the stigma associated with being overweight anymore and people don't seem to take care of themselves anymore. I spent a week in France recently and the people there all looked healthy.
Fides invicta triumphat

#4 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Are Saints fans fatties?

Off topic slightly but there is a real problem with obesity in the UK. Walk around any town centre and half the people you see are fat. There doesn't seem to be the stigma associated with being overweight anymore and people don't seem to take care of themselves anymore. I spent a week in France recently and the people there all looked healthy.

Did you see a branch of Greggs in France?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#5 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Did you see a branch of Greggs in France?

The only edible food they have in France is Black Pudding. The pies are rubbish and they can't cook tripe.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#6 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

The only edible food they have in France is Black Pudding. The pies are rubbish and they can't cook tripe.

Totally agree, the the Roux Brothers had to live in England for years before their food became edible.

Luvvy alert. We stayed in the lochniver hotel, that's part if Alberts chain (early season discount) and Albert himself gave my dog who was sat by the fire a piece of fillet steak

#7 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Notice in an NHS Toilet

Due to cut-backs within the Trust,
It has been announced that employees
should only use one piece of toilet paper per visit.

Note that both sides are available.

Managers, who are full of **it, are exempt.

That's Insulting

Edited by Bleep1673, 27 July 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#8 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Or maybe this is insulting.........

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-23475583
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users