• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

http://m.halifaxcour...ke-up-1-5895747

Good to see that the club if going from strength to strength.

#2 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Great news! It's good to see clubs such as Halifax and Featherstone getting themselves in shape behind the scenes aswell as having competitive sides on the field (take note widnes). I hope the RFL take this into consideration when sorting out the final make up of the newly structured leagues and give teams such as these their deserved chance to prove themselves instead of holding them back longer.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#3 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

More great news for the game. Well done Halifax

#4 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Bit more on this

http://www.reactivme...ampaign=twitter

#5 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm always a little sceptical of these announcements. Is there actual £cash£money changing hands here or is there a value being put on the time that this chap will be "working" for Halifax?
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#6 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'm more sceptical when Bradford say they are waiting for investment to pay players

A bank loan is not investment

#7 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good to see Fax moving forward and getting more sponsorship money.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm always a little sceptical of these announcements. Is there actual £cash£money changing hands here or is there a value being put on the time that this chap will be "working" for Halifax?

it does seem to differentiate between the blokes working for them and the sponsorship as that was my initial thought.

#9 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Halifax is a real rugby league town.If it got the right investment and got into SL and started to do well,I firmly believe their attendances would exceed those of Huddersfield easily

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#10 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Halifax is a real rugby league town.If it got the right investment and got into SL and started to do well,I firmly believe their attendances would exceed those of Huddersfield easily

any club outside super league could realistically match Huddersfields attendances and they are setting the standards of the elite😳😳

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Great news! It's good to see clubs such as Halifax and Featherstone getting themselves in shape behind the scenes aswell as having competitive sides on the field (take note widnes). I hope the RFL take this into consideration when sorting out the final make up of the newly structured leagues and give teams such as these their deserved chance to prove themselves instead of holding them back longer.

you have a problem with widnes mate, just give it a rest. you are becoming exceedingly boring.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm just bitter :(
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

you have a problem with widnes mate, just give it a rest. you are becoming exceedingly boring.

indeed - you would never keep going on and on and on would you. Fev for example
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

any club outside super league could realistically match Huddersfields attendances and they are setting the standards of the elite

I'm just referring to potential of Halifax and I am not having a dig at Huddersfield

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm extremely sceptical of any "investment". It implies the investor wanting his money back ..... plus something on top.

Edited by Griff, 05 August 2013 - 02:09 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm just bitter :(

rules are rules................just get over it!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#17 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

indeed - you would never keep going on and on and on would you. Fev for example

no kenny i would leave the moaning and sniping to fans of small yorkshire clubs..............

#18 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

no kenny i would leave the moaning and sniping to fans of small yorkshire clubs..............

These small Yorkshire clubs your refering to actually deserve a licence unlike your club. As these clubs have earned the right unlike your club.Im also very interested in why you have so much hate for the likes of Fev, fax , batley etc.

Edited by thundergaz, 05 August 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

At the end of the day Widnes did what they had to and got in S/L so fair play to them

Clubs like Mine (Fev) and Fax are now going to get the opportunity if they do things right on the field in a year or two so lets see what happens

Back on topic any investment for any RL club is great so well done Fax

#20 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

At the end of the day Widnes did what they had to and got in S/L so fair play to them

Clubs like Mine (Fev) and Fax are now going to get the opportunity if they do things right on the field in a year or two so lets see what happens

Back on topic any investment for any RL club is great so well done Fax

Are fev still going fully pro next season or was that just rumour?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users