TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Further investment for Fax

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Are fev still going fully pro next season or was that just rumour?

Don't think we can next year, unless the cap is altered.  I expect the back room set up to more closely mirror a full time set up, with the change to the playing budget being made in 2015.

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Are fev still going fully pro next season or was that just rumour?

It would be very hard to do it next season with the salary cap that's in place but they will be going full time when the P&R season starts.

#23 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

It would be very hard to do it next season with the salary cap that's in place but they will be going full time when the P&R season starts.

You would have needed a salary cap increase to have done it, which im not sure would be a good idea.
The only reason i can think of for going fully pro would be to hit the ground running in 2015 when the two relegated sl clubs join the league

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

You would have needed a salary cap increase to have done it, which im not sure would be a good idea.
The only reason i can think of for going fully pro would be to hit the ground running in 2015 when the two relegated sl clubs join the league

The problem is we use the full salary cap now and they are only semi pro so to go full time we need the salary cap increasing. Also like you say theirs really no need to go full time next season. Also who says the 2 SL clubs will stay full time?.

#25 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

The problem is we use the full salary cap now and they are only semi pro so to go full time we need the salary cap increasing. Also like you say theirs really no need to go full time next season. Also who says the 2 SL clubs will stay full time?.

It never even crossed my mind that they would not stay pro.
TBH i thought one of the reasons for the new structures that are coming in was to increase the number of pro clubs

#26 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Now's not the time for clubs to turn from full-time to part-time. But if $uperleague 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) doesn't work in terms of revenue amelioration, I can see a lot of clubs drifting that way. It's a bold move and remains to be seen what will happen.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users