Ferris

Burgess (Token NRL)

Take it the Burgess would be Luke??? :sleep:

#62 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

it is ridiculous that this thread even exists the squad should have been picked by now.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#63 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

most of it probably has

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#64 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I really hope Roby is fit becaue his quick ptbs and running from dummy half off the back of our pack should mean we're able to make rapid metres against any side.

#65 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Christ how much gear is George on?! Decent late feet to go with that ridiculous running. Just watching those clips if he can develop a pass at the line hell be the full package. He should be definitely in the 17.
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#66 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Agree he looks unstoppable.  His pass needs some development.  Would like to see him holding the ball in two hands once he breaks the line - holding it in one restricts his ability to off-load.  Although unlike with most the ball doesn't look loose under one arm, which is the usual issue.

#67 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

The next 4 games for the rabbitohs are massive games against the teams in the comp with the best packs. These games and the playoffs will go a long way to showing us how far the Burgess twins have come. I would say whether they are ready to play for England in the WC but to be honest George is there already it is a chance for Tom to show he's ready as well.

#68 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I only saw the highlights of the Souths game versus cowboys but George scored a good consolation try late on. Worrying for Souths that they were beat so compehensively. Sutton one of their best players this season was injured.

Edited by Southerner, 04 August 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#69 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Every time i've seen George play this year he's always been a handful for defences. He's nearly always made a break, or some seriously good yards that has led to quick PTBs (something he is very good at), and on the back of those PTBs Souths have made more yardage and put themselves in good positions. He's a must for the World Cup squad.

As has been mentioned earlier i'd use him off the bench when the opposition is a bit fatigued. He'll definitely make an impact.

My pack would be

8. Graham

9. Roby

10. Burgess

11. Ellis

12. Hock

13. O'loughlin

Forwards on the bench.

G. Burgess

Mcilroum

Westwood

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#70 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Every time i've seen George play this year he's always been a handful for defences. He's nearly always made a break, or some seriously good yards that has led to quick PTBs (something he is very good at), and on the back of those PTBs Souths have made more yardage and put themselves in good positions. He's a must for the World Cup squad.

As has been mentioned earlier i'd use him off the bench when the opposition is a bit fatigued. He'll definitely make an impact.

My pack would be

8. Graham
9. Roby
10. Burgess
11. Ellis
12. Hock
13. O'loughlin

Forwards on the bench.
G. Burgess
Mcilroum
Westwood

Agree with most of that apart from Hocks nowhere near that squad (although I rate him highly but his performances have not been consistent) plus McIlorum is not up to it.

#71 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Agree with most of that apart from Hocks nowhere near that squad (although I rate him highly but his performances have not been consistent) plus McIlorum is not up to it.

I agree about Hock. Mc is very good, though I wouldn't complain if they played Burrow or Houghton (who reminds me of Lee Jackson, in a good way).

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I agree about Hock. Mc is very good, though I wouldn't complain if they played Burrow or Houghton (who reminds me of Lee Jackson, in a good way).

My reservation about McIlorum (if he isn't in the Ireland squad) is that the niggly stuff won't work, the Aussies will just lap it up, and if we're getting beat he might revert to type and get petulant, and probably putting us under more pressure. Let's not forget these test matches will be played under neutral refs ...or refs that are the wrong kind of neutral... I'd take Lunt and Houghton and first two choices, Roby if he's available, with McIlorum, Clark and Burrow as back-ups from now to October. Houghton has been great, Lunt has shone in a top team with good try scoring form. Clark would be a wildcard similar to George Burgess... if they're good enough, they're old enough, etc.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users