Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Results 27/07/13

NCL

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Can happen at any level Wigan 70 London 0!!!!!!

#22 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Lock Lane 36 v 6 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners six match winning run came to an end this afternoon after they was well beaten 36-6 against a well drilled Lock Lane side on a warm day in Castleford. Miners were poor in the first half but at the same time Lock Lane were clinical in what they did and it wouldn't of really mattered how Miners was playing the home side was the hungrier of the two sides and was eager to bounce back from their defeat last week. The home side scored four first half tries to take a 24-0 lead into the break with half back Danny Rowse and loose forward Chris Siddons being influential throughout.

At the start of the second half things got worse for Miners when Lock Lane scored inside the opening couple of minutes to make it 30-0. After that the rest of the game was rather scrappy with both teams trying to force things with Miners obviously having to with how many they was losing by and Lock Lane going away from what had been working well for them trying to score of every play. Martin Gray scored a consolation try for Miners which Jonny Youds converted to make it 30-6 before the home side finished off the scoring in the final few minutes with their sixth try to make the final score 36-6.

Next week Miners are away at Skirlaugh.

LOCK LANE TEAM - Adam Garlick. James Cryer, Tom Wood, Nicky Saxton, Andy Matthews, Mikey Hayward, Danny Rowse, Bart Hold, Craig Duncan, Rob Firth, Luke Tagg, Karl Robinson, Chris Siddons Subs – Joe Groves, Paul Brown, Steve Scott, Ben Brown

LOCK LANE MOM - Chris Siddons

MINERS TEAM - Jonny Youds, Danny Myers, Martin Gray, Adam Thomason, Jonny Carroll, Liam Coleman, Jimmy Muir, Kev Howells, Tony Doyle, Darryl Kay, Chris Slater, Lee Gittins, Dave Rowlands SUBS = Joe Harrison, Dave Wood, Gary Greenough, Gary Gittins

MINERS MOM -Jonny Youds

#23 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

There's losing and there's being embarrassed

Welcome to summer rugby , full stop

#24 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

No just another RFL plan gone wrong.

#25 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

It used to be when teams lost they blamed injuries now they blame holidays I'm sure there will always be a reason for some

http://www.totalrl.c...chairmans-view/

#26 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

I was told east hull only had 16 players, and three of them had signed on in he morning of game!

#27 The master

The master
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

West hulls performance yesterday was the best iv seen in a long time if they can keep players fit they will take some stopping

Edited by The master, 28 July 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#28 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

I was going to go to this game today.

and............????? You didn't? Were you on holiday or at a stag do?

#29 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Milford Marlins 18 v 10 Oulton Raiders

James Coates horrendous dummy to score under the post with 5 minutes to go sealed the victory for the Marlins.

Milford tries Ryan Oxtoby, James Coates 2.

Goals 3/3 Martin Loveridge

Oulton tries Andy Tillet, Jamie Chappell.

Goal 1/2 Jamie Benn

#30 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

and............????? You didn't? Were you on holiday or at a stag do?

Took my lad boxing training to Barnsley & cut the grass (It doesn't grow in the winter ) in the morning then I took my grandkids to the fair in the local park, I did however go and watch the BARLA over 35's tri-county games at Fev Lions today.

Did get the chance to talk to a guy from Bank Quay, it's seems they aren't to happy with summer rugby and I thought they would be the flagship club in tier 4 for the RFL.

Edited by Marauder, 28 July 2013 - 11:14 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#31 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

No just another RFL plan gone wrong.

Hopefully P+R will see professional clubs find their natural level. It may encourage them to use amateur coaches/players and locals schools a bit more to spot and develop their own players.
www.procompress.co.uk

#32 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

HOLIDAYS its the price you pay for playing in this daft season

Time to mirror the junior leagues and have a break in August.

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Time to mirror the junior leagues and have a break in August.

Maybe a break between June and August when it seems to be the high time for people to go on holiday, get married, have BBQ's and those horrible none rugby league people also tend to put things like music festival's, summer fete's and some even dare to play cricket.

On the up side I suppose we do have more funerals during the winter months due to the cold damp weather.

#34 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Having August off with Pre season starting after Christmas should be enough to keep the WAG's happy which is half the battle.

#35 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Having August off with Pre season starting after Christmas should be enough to keep the WAG's happy which is half the battle.

I'm not to sure that you can keep them happy even if we had 13 months in a year and a shoe shop on every corner.

#36 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

At any other level London would be relegated at the end of the season.

#37 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

At any other level London would be relegated at the end of the season.

Apart from in the world's premier RL competition.

www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users