32 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

sounds like its damage limitation to see the season out then. Roll on 2014

http://m.yorkshireev...-kear-1-5895181

Edited by buford t justice, 27 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

so it's july and we have to practaly write our season off. an absolute disgrace. hang you head in shame EGO.

#3 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

sorry EGO should be RFL.

#4 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

so it's july and we have to practaly write our season off. an absolute disgrace. hang you head in shame EGO.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Come on, please explain why exactly it is the RFL's fault?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

On another thread, posters are speculating about the arrival of Leatherbarrow from Keighley and Brown from York for 2014 - wonder how that might be affecting their club's seasons ?

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

It's due to the number of our players heading out the door.

I don't see why the RFL can't just make contract negotiations wait until after the season finishes.

#8 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't see why the RFL can't just make contract negotiations wait until after the season finishes.

sorry EGO should be RFL.

Its not the rl thats got your club in a mess.

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Sorry MH, but the RFL are merely rubber stamping what the less na├»ve among us know has been going on for years. Pretty certain the dogs and the rams have been as guilty as most - but not as guilty as some eh Robin ? :onthequiet:

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

The number of players leaving isn't because of the cut-off though, is it?

Don't you think that something else has made them want to leave?

Blaming the RFL for everything is a nonsense.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Well, we plumbed the depths again.  I have followed Batley for 62 years, and in that time, believe me, I have seem some dire stuff served up.  The one redeeming grace, through thick and thin, was that it never felt as if the players couldn't be bothered.  How can a team slump to the degree that ours has in a matter of weeks.  They seem incapable of winning a game. Even when they are ahead with a couple of minutes to go they find a way to throw it away.   

I don't go in for coach bashing, or referee bashing -  when it comes down to the basics it is only the players who can make the effort (or not).   Kear says they have been affected by transfer rumours; correct me if I am wrong but aren't they paid professionals?   I am, as you will guess, retired, but I can imagine what my old boss would have said if I stopped bothering to turn up and claimed it was because I was unsettled and thinking about maybe changing jobs.   He would have put any doubt out of my mind as to where my future lay by showing me the door.   Anyone with an ounce of pride would not simply turn up to pocket the pay without even attempting to earn it.     If it was down to me they would not wear the shirt again once they were pre-occupied with moving on.  We couldn't do any worse. 

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, we plumbed the depths again.  I have followed Batley for 62 years, and in that time, believe me, I have seem some dire stuff served up.  The one redeeming grace, through thick and thin, was that it never felt as if the players couldn't be bothered.  How can a team slump to the degree that ours has in a matter of weeks.  They seem incapable of winning a game. Even when they are ahead with a couple of minutes to go they find a way to throw it away.   

I don't go in for coach bashing, or referee bashing -  when it comes down to the basics it is only the players who can make the effort (or not).   Kear says they have been affected by transfer rumours; correct me if I am wrong but aren't they paid professionals?   I am, as you will guess, retired, but I can imagine what my old boss would have said if I stopped bothering to turn up and claimed it was because I was unsettled and thinking about maybe changing jobs.   He would have put any doubt out of my mind as to where my future lay by showing me the door.   Anyone with an ounce of pride would not simply turn up to pocket the pay without even attempting to earn it.     If it was down to me they would not wear the shirt again once they were pre-occupied with moving on.  We couldn't do any worse. 

You might be in exalted company - fev and fax both losing with 20 to go. If things stay as they are it's going to throw a big cat in the relegation pigeons. :shout: .

#13 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

The number of players leaving isn't because of the cut-off though, is it?

Don't you think that something else has made them want to leave?

Blaming the RFL for everything is a nonsense.

I think the "something else" BSJ is, allegedly, an offer of twice the money they are currently paid/on the table for next year from their current employer. In any walk of life, it is difficult to imagine the individual refusing such an offer.

#14 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Shocking att...450 ish. Why?

#15 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

We don't have a great fan base at the best of times, but I'm afraid fans are now voting with their feet after the shambles they've seen over the last 6 weeks. Can't really fault them either.

Starting to consider a few weeks off myself and I've barely missed a game this season.

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Absolutely dire. I don't think I've ever seen a team go from one that was pretty dominant against 80% of teams in this division to one that looked so utterly incapable of winning a single match. A stunning turnaround.

Posted Image

#17 nedryan

nedryan
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I am not sure I agree that this is just the players fault. John Kear and the coaching team have to take some responsibility.  Kear is a good old fashioned coach, but these days with much more knowledge about fitness regimes and nutrition, the physical abilities of rugby players have to be a done deal. Games are actually won on the game strategies and the psychological fitness of the team. It has been well documented on this forum that some of Kear's gameplays have caused problems all season. Added to this he appears to have lost his leadership of the team and is incapable creating any team spirit or motivation - I am starting to wonder if these is why so many of our lads are leaving  

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,321 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

You might be in exalted company - fev and fax both losing with 20 to go. If things stay as they are it's going to throw a big cat in the relegation pigeons. :shout: .

Mark Aston will be laughing his socks off at these results.

Sheridan leaving Fev is also having an effect maybe?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

I am not sure I agree that this is just the players fault. John Kear and the coaching team have to take some responsibility.  Kear is a good old fashioned coach, but these days with much more knowledge about fitness regimes and nutrition, the physical abilities of rugby players have to be a done deal. Games are actually won on the game strategies and the psychological fitness of the team. It has been well documented on this forum that some of Kear's gameplays have caused problems all season. Added to this he appears to have lost his leadership of the team and is incapable creating any team spirit or motivation - I am starting to wonder if these is why so many of our lads are leaving  

I agree that the coaching team are also culpable in respect of the lack of motivation and desire.  I am making the point that the players, as professionals, should understand that they are, at least partially, responsible for their approach.  Any professional sportsman has an obligation to present themselves in a fit state to perform, both mentally and physically.  This is an absolute and cannot be subject to whether they feel like bothering or not.  We all have to get our act together when we don't really feel up to it.  That's just life!    

#20 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Mark Aston will be laughing his socks off at these results.

Sheridan leaving Fev is also having an effect maybe?

I get the distinct feeling, BSJ, that Mark Aston is not the only one who is taking pleasure from Batley's current malaise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users