TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds v NW Crusaders

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Today is about the fantastic win over the league favourites, our defence was awesome despite an unusual amount of handling errors. The downpour at halftime contributed to these errors.

We have a three games left in the regular season, two of which will be difficult, London and Rochdale away, plus Gloucester at home. We lay five points ahead in the league but NWC have two games in hand. Both teams have to play London away. All season I have been in no doubt that we would have to face the play offs and the prospect of another grand final but after today's win the promotion has been thrown wide open but NWC play SWS, Oxford, Hemel, Gateshead and London. It is difficult to see we're the crusaders will drop points.

A win in our next game at London will apply the pressure on the NWC but the London game will be equally has difficult as todays game. Rochdale have also had a very good win at home.

Well done Oldham!

Edited by oldham13, 28 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#22 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Absolutely fantastic example set for RL. Two passionate teams and supporters going at it hammer and tongue to the end. After yesterdays debacle CC SF this game should restore the faith. 100% effort from both teams. Good to see Roary with our flag and 1206 attendance was excellent. PLEASE, PLEASE come back again, this team never gives up, always believes in each other and the celebration by the lads with the supporters was a sight to behold. The sight of a topless Kev shaking every supporters hand at the end will live in the memory for years to come.At the end of the season both Crusaders and Oldham deserve to go up.

Best wishes to Reardon. Wish him a swift recovery.

One for all and all for the one

#23 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Brilliant - well done Oldham

#24 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

What a performance and game today. The whole pack was outstanding with standouts being Hobson and Wardy. Whitehead looked a very accomplished player and I think may play at scrum half next week as Hughes looked to finish the game injured. Ford continues to score tries galore no matter what side of the pitch he plays on and has been a superb signing. The improvements in Danny Langtree and Phil Joy has been one of my personal favourite parts of this year and they have become two of our best and most crucial performers.

Crowd was great as were the Crusaders fans and I hope they attain promotion(preferably through the play offs)

We have to keep winning now and keep them under pressure. Onwards to London.

#25 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well played the Yeds a deserved win and great to have a pint in the club house with you guys after the game.

Best wishes for the rest of the season (NOT)   :P .

Regards 7

#26 dish

dish
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

how many crusaders fans? did they top the 200 they promised? 8)

#27 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

There were easily 200 Crusaders fans at the game today but strangely quiet. as if they knew what was comming. As a Crusaders fan I would like to say Well done Oldham on a thoroughly deserved victory. You grew in confidence as the game went on, even refused to kick an easy penalty and eventually even denied us a bonus point. It was bitter sweet for me because I thought Lewis Palfrey had a superb game and he learned his RL at my amateur club. If McConnell had passes when he broke through after Crusaders had just got to within 8 points I believe Crusaders would have gone on to win, But that is all ifs and buts. I still believe that Crusaders will win the league without dropping any more points but well done Oldham. have a great night.

#28 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

So the cru Ferrari fans stalled their engine it would seem rooster? Always rely on a skoda haha

#29 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Good win Oldham and a very good attendance...theres life in the old dog yet :-)

#30 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Reference a previous posting, I am one of the people who stopped writing on here because of all the negative comments that were appearing. But, had to come back on today to say how well I thought the team played today. From 1 - 17 the players were terrific and not one of them took a backward step against what appeared to be much bigger opposition. Thought Putting Crowley at Centre was a piece of inspiration as he nullified every threat down that side all game on defence. Felt that the forwards today were immense as not one of them took a backward step.

Also, I have to admit that my view of Lewis Palfrey in the early games was quite negative, but that opinion has completely changed these last few weeks, as he has been our Kingpin and a great Captain - so credit where it's due Lewis!

Lastly, I have to mention Sammy Gee who I thought was THE difference today. He probed the Crusaders' defence all game, had them at 6's and 7's throughout and was instrumental in our tries in the second half playing uphill.

Don't think that Crusaders will slip up againthis season and so we will have to go through the play-offs but, after recent performances, I don't think we have anything to fear.

Just to reiterate what somebody has said on previous threads - aren't Mondays great at the moment!

Edited by Tony Mac, 28 July 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#31 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Jamie Dallimore did not have a good game on his return.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#32 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well done Oldham.  We were beaten fair and square by the better team on the day.  Thanks to all at Oldham RLFC for making us welcome at Whitebank.

#33 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Here Clive Griffiths take on the game. No different to any of us fans who went really:

http://www.mission20...he-better-team/

#34 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

http://www.roughyeds...jon-try-two.jpg

thumbs_jon-try-two.jpg

The price of admission to watch Oldham win against NWC £12.

The price of a half time cup of tea £1.

The look of Jamie Dallimores face has Oldham crash over for another try -Priceless.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#35 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

http://www.roughyeds...jon-try-two.jpg

thumbs_jon-try-two.jpg

The price of admission to watch Oldham win against NWC £12.

The price of a half time cup of tea £1.

The look of Jamie Dallimores face has Oldham crash over for another try -Priceless.

Absolute class, love that Oldham13, top post

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users