Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

R.I.P graham murray

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

R.I.P. Graham. Condolences to all family and friends.

Had a big impact on Leeds and probably wouldn't be the force they are today without his input.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#22 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

R.I.P Graham.

Too young to be taken, condolences to his Family.

#23 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Really sad news, I've known him since the early 70's and played under him in the 80's. He will be greatly missed. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#24 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

R.I.P Graham

Condolences to all the family at this difficult time.

#25 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

very sad, one of those guys who had rugby league written through him like a stick of rock, rl today is a lot better cos of men like graham murray.
the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#26 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Just read this very sad news.  Graham was a great coach and great bloke as well.

I met Graham a few times in the Chequers pub in Ledsham where he lived when coaching Leeds.  The first occasion we met shortly after he arrived from Australia, he told me he was going to build a pack that would intimidate other teams.   After years of Leeds being known to have a soft underbelly he did just that and for me it was the toughest pack ever to play in SL -  Masella, Newton, Fleary, Morley, Farrell & Glanville.  Linked with the master stroke of switching Iestyn Harris from stand off to full back,the Leeds dynasty was born.

RIP Muzza

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013