Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

london

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

can somebody please tell me what london bring to the table. in my view they never earned the right to be in sl and have been kept artificially afloat on numerous occasions,they lead a nomadic existance on meagre support and have had the rules bent to accomadate more 2nd rate aussies. they get next to no media coverage and allways finnish towards the bottem of the league.they seem to have learned nothing, and not grown since the sl was introduced. i know their are more kids playing rl in the schools down there, but after yesterday, is it time to pull the plug! rant over

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#2 GaryHall

GaryHall
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

I am more concerned about the attendance at a semi final, just over 6,000 people attended the game played within the same borough of one of the competing sides, When Wigan played London in Super League earlier this season 11,000 people turned up.

#3 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

season ticket holders wont pay for cup matches when it's on tv

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#4 pontyknight

pontyknight
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

We all know that that bring nothing to the game no fans, no money at the end off the day only a handfull off people from the big city is intreasted in the team and making it work. If the rfl realy want a team that bad down south why no look to Devon or Cornwall and build from there

#5 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

This is why Rugby League will always a be a northern sport,but to the Rugby League relise this and stop throwing money away ,a lot of teams like Hunslet,Oldham's York etc will no longer exist.But is this what there want to happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users