Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

signings for next year

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#41 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Back to our signings for next year i would like to think we would go for SAM FORRESTER AND A COUPLE OF THE LADS THAT ARE ON TOUR AT THE MOMENT

Heard last week 5 of the 7 lads on tour have agreed to go semi pro next season for haven/town think forresters signed for you lot and lowreys gonna sign for us not sure who the other 3 are and who they,re signing for

#42 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

WIthout Acton and Thacks we'll need to sign a couple of props at least...... heard rumours of that a pair might have been lined up already.

ta marra.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#43 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Good if we can get a few amateurs , its a gold mine on our doorstep , and we're in a good position to attract them . Don't let Acton go without a fight ... How I'd love to see Acton and Walne hitting it up for us next year !!

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

ta marra.

Can someone message me these names too
Cheers

#45 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Can someone message me these names too
Cheers

And me plz

#46 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

And me plz

and me please

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Why can't we just put names here and chew over them and have a good craic ... Is it really gonna make any difference ?

#48 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Back to our signings for next year i would like to think we would go for SAM FORRESTER AND A COUPLE OF THE LADS THAT ARE ON TOUR AT THE MOMENT

Noticed the shaven chairman in lakes College the other day talking to S Wilkinson the coach of the rugby team based there, I heard that they are looking at taking a few of them lads, are Town not looking down this line, M J works their he should know what these lads are like, we always seem to be slow on these things.

#49 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

and me please

And me please :)

#50 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Why can't we just put names here and chew over them and have a good craic ... Is it really gonna make any difference ?

apparently yes as potential targets could be snapped by other clubs if they are aware them players available

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ok

#52 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Noticed the shaven chairman in lakes College the other day talking to S Wilkinson the coach of the rugby team based there, I heard that they are looking at taking a few of them lads, are Town not looking down this line, M J works their he should know what these lads are like, we always seem to be slow on these things.

haven have 5 signed on their books im sure town already have similar

apparently yes as potential targets could be snapped by other clubs if they are aware them players available

i dont buy that the clubs dont know who is or isnt available and that they may find out via forums, its in a players and agents best interest too make as many clubs as possible aware they may be looking to move clubs , that way they start a bidding war for offers.

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Apparently Haven have 5 contracted young players at the Academy and Town have 3 such players. One of the Haven players made his debut for Haven last week aged 17.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yes I'd have thought the circle of clubs , agents and players would be way ahead of forums !! God help them if clubs are scouring them for info

#55 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

As usual all kinds of crazy rumours will do the rounds this off season. Maybe any names should be kept to pms, RL at this level is a small community and its amazing how the smallest thing can make a difference to a signing.

So, pm me those props names please, I've heard one name.

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

How many props will we need ?? Of Coward , Thacks , Acton and Dowes how many are definitely here ?? Could need a job lot !

#57 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Most the lads playing at the LAKES COLLEGE with Wilko have been at derwent park on some training nights so we should no if there are any promising lads ?

#58 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yes I'd have thought the circle of clubs , agents and players would be way ahead of forums !! God help them if clubs are scouring them for info

agreed dave but apparently the club dont like names being put on here until players have signed.

#59 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Could someone please dm me

Edited by bluewhite10, 07 September 2013 - 03:32 PM.

bluewhitearmy

#60 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Dm. Me aswell please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users