• 856 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Please dm me three

#62 townpower

townpower
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

As usual all kinds of crazy rumours will do the rounds this off season. Maybe any names should be kept to pms, RL at this level is a small community and its amazing how the smallest thing can make a difference to a signing.

So, pm me those props names please, I've heard one name.

Been told we have Signed Dave Lowrey from Kells BUT will not be public as he is on tour with barla.

read into that what you will as it could be sellafield gossip

#63 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Need backs - and lots of them

#64 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Ye you do need lots of backs and by the look of your last 4 results you need lots of forwards?

#65 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

And a coach - and I don't mean a team bus although they are quite handy if you can afford to pay the bill

#66 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

To be fair haven have something town should be envious of when it comes down to it - 2 good centres - wish we had them

#67 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

One of their centres disappeared off home as soon as the cash dried up didn't he?

#68 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

You will be telling us we should be envious of all your team next.

#69 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Most of ours disappear on holiday .... Wonder how many from Batley are away on their jollies tmro

#70 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Callum and Brett's holiday was booked last year before Callum had even signed

#71 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Most of ours disappear on holiday .... Wonder how many from Batley are away on their jollies tmro

lol your funny havenfan10. Your trying to disrupt this forum pretending to be atown fan but its not working. Keep it coming marra.

#72 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Not at all - but all keep thinking that - people on here just don't like being told different to what THEY think is right !

#73 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not at all - but all keep thinking that - people on here just don't like being told different to what THEY think is right !

lol yeah whatever.

#74 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

could be all of your team are hols because they did not make the play off what a shame.

#75 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

What's the crack with brett carter, seems to have fizzled out for him at town, would love to know why as he's one of my favourites.

#76 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

#77 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

I can see both sides of the story but I cannot ever remember a season or two where this has happened as much before, so it seems like a new thing. It is frustrating for fans and I bet the club would be upset if those fans said that they weren't going to buy season tickets next season as they might go on a couple of holidays. It certainly seems to have happened at Town more than other clubs and it is being commented on quite a bit by Town fans.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#78 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Holidays injuries goings on we are a promoted team in the top 8 and the playoffs win or lose tomorrow what a tremendous effort

#79 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

I agree with the absences over the season too but this bloke regularly has sly digs stirring it up he is an haven fan taking the pi**. Don't fall for it he has been rumbled. Just laugh at him

#80 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

What's to laugh at ? I'm always right ha! Can you see Leigh / fev any other team letting their better players go on holiday during the playoffs ha!! Some amateur clubs wouldn't let it happen ! Too much player power I'm afraid - folk just do what they want - its a good job the no train no play rule isn't still enforced ! Would have no one left !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users