Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well done Hornets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Splendid 54-12 result after recent performances.  Look forward to hearing what ingredients, aside from a good defence in 2nd half especially, were present today that have not been of late. Oldham clattered NWC too - makes for interesting end to season.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

An excellent performance today sadly punctuated by a complete switch off after 20 minutes. We allowed them into a game they had barely troubled until then and they looked a decent team. Thankfully we steadied the ship and the second half was one-way traffic. The pack put in good stints and the backs always looked keen to move the ball around and back up the player in possession.

The pitch was beautiful, a deep green sward with even bounce and even though it has had a fair amount of water o it over the last few days there was very little cutting up during the game.

No Bonus Point for Oxford was imperative and the Scorpions are next up!

Well done lads!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well done lads, gave me the jitters just before HT but a virtually faultless 2nd Half
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#4 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

A good performance all round today. Our kicking game continually turned them round and allowed us to play deep in their half. The forwards performed well and fronted up against aggressive opponents.

The only ngative was allowing them to get back into the game just before half time.

Onwards and upwards 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#5 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Same old same in first half, plenty of good effort and craft going forward but the lads switched off just when Oxford injected some real go forward into there game which made things a bit too close for comfort at HT

2nd half was about as good as I've seen us play all season. Slick with ball in hand mixed in with a great kicking game, but most pleasing was the rock solid defence that snuffed out anything Oxford tried.

Lots of positives to build on quite a few performed really well, Yates and Crook linked well, Hully and Danny Davies looked dangerous but our pack set the platform with Cooky, Thompson, Greenwood working hard and standing up too a lively Oxford pack.

1 cup final over, another 4 to go, still no room for error, but well done!

Edited by ormskirknet, 28 July 2013 - 06:40 PM.