Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What is happening to this great club i have known and loved for years

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sheff, Fev and leigh losses ...beaten by better sides on the day and no surprise  as teams above us... Last 3 games whitehaven away, donny at home, worky at home, teams below us in the league and no disrespect to any of them 3, lose to one ok can except to an extent but to lose to all 3 ..what the hell is happening!!!!!!!!!! Has the club run out of cash to pay players wages or can now only afford losing pay....If this is the case why nothing coming out of the club before its too late to be saved.. i'm sure if we are in deep trouble .the great rugby league family will come to our aid as they have in the past with Bulls , Fax etc.

Still no announcement of signings for next season despite JK saying once the Sheff,Leigh and Fev games were done that announcements would be made, we must be the only club that hasn't announced who has re-signed for next season or signed on. 

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING and they wonder why there is unrest with the fans and what support we have will dwindling week by week. Yes we have been here before back in the 70's ,where there was no communication coming out of the club as you could trawl rugby leaguer week after week and there would be snippets of news from every club bar Batley and this was expected at the time and losing week in week out, but hey we were used to this and when we won it was like a big party but we had players not great players who gave there all week in week out and loyal players who weren't always on the look out for the next better pay deal and i know its just not Batley its all over, but we know we have a good squad of talented players so to lose one game can be expected but to lose six on the bounce is totally unexpected and not acceptable , its not as though we are struggling with injuries.

Is it there is 1 or 2 bad apples in the dressing  room , if if thats the case GET SHOT OF NOW .

Hope we are not going to go down the road of Swinton,Hunslet with DR , as if we do ,that will finish it for me . the club will have died.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#2 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm afraid i have to agree, and despite people like you and I pleading weekly to be given some heartening news on the forthcoming campaign,the club's silence is both deafening and curious. Having now descended as low as we can go, one would have thought that the club would be rushing to reassure us of the future so that we don't just stay away. It's funny that all snippets of information and/or rumours are coming from other clubs' sites and press speculation; Leatherbarrow, Brown from York, Manning coming back, someone from Featherstone etc etc, but no encouragement from our own board. All power to the way KN and his men have done stuff for ground fund etc, but is their a team to play in the surroundings.PLEASE, PLEASE, give us some crumbs to be going on with!!

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Wait a minute. Although there's been plenty of speculation and conjecture, NO clubs in our league - including ourselves, have announced who is leaving them and who is joining them for 2014. The only definite departure is Walton, who chose to announce himself that he's Salford-bound. I can't think of a single club in our league that has announced signings/departures for 2014. Why would we be any different??? Announcing to the media that we'd 'signed so-and-so from so-and-so club' would be pretty disrespectful to the other parties involved, and I'd be irate if another club did it to us before the end of a season.

Edited by TheTerminator, 28 July 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Only announcements made are signings of current squad players by clubs who are retaining players. Everything else is pure speculation. Only thing is we have had more speculation about our players than most but still no excuse for poor performances.

#5 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wait a minute. Although there's been plenty of speculation and conjecture, NO clubs in our league - including ourselves, have announced who is leaving them and who is joining them for 2014. The only definite departure is Walton, who chose to announce himself that he's Salford-bound. I can't think of a single club in our league that has announced signings/departures for 2014. Why would we be any different??? Announcing to the media that we'd 'signed so-and-so from so-and-so club' would be pretty disrespectful to the other parties involved, and I'd be irate if another club did it to us before the end of a season.

Totally agree. There's no way anything will be announced until the season's over. That's how it works.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

That's not going to satisfy most on this form who think batley should be able to beat everyone they play. The only thing that surprised me is that no one has blamed todays defeat on Moore .................yet!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yes but the club have made no announcement about any current player having signed a contract for next season. Does that mean that at this current time none of them have? If some have signed, what have the club to lose by not declaring it?

Or is it a case that none of them have signed because they are all leaving?

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yes but the club have made no announcement about any current player having signed a contract for next season. Does that mean that at this current time none of them have? If some have signed, what have the club to lose by not declaring it?

Or is it a case that none of them have signed because they are all leaving?

It appears that most of your current squad are leaving at the end of the season. I'm sure you will get some good D/R players from the Giants for next season though  :tongue:

#9 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

It appears that most of your current squad are leaving at the end of the season. I'm sure you will get some good D/R players from the Giants for next season though  :tongue:

Glad to see you are feeling better Eddie.  I was quite worried about you - one or two almost sensible, constructive posts recently.  I see you've shaken that off now.   

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Eddies trying not to think how quicky the cumbrian teams and donny are catching them. Even keighly might overtake them with a lil help from us dodgy doggies

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#11 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Based purely on Rumours

If it was my business I would put the Batley "Superstars" who are on their way at the end of the season on garden leave (if they are on contracts)..if not just get rid of them, and draft in some local or DR lads.

In my opinion, apart from Gareth Moore who played a major part in our NR final victory, and the lads who are on their way to Super League (Good Luck to them) not one of the alleged mercenaries in my opinion who are on their way out have shown any loyalty at all to Batley Bulldogs and all their supporters,  and more importantly to John Kear who now appears to be a victim of his own success.

This season we have come up short against the top teams once again, when it matttered where were our "superstars"... ??

Hang your heads in shame...and just take the money........

Edited by BirstallDog, 28 July 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#12 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

The vast majority of players nowadays are involved in RL purely as a job for which they receive payment. Therefore they will become employees of whichever organisation will pay them the biggest salary.

Can anyone of us say with hand on heart, that if you were offered a fairly substantial rise in salary from a rival organisation you would turn it down?

Loyalty to a club nowadays is confined virtually to spectators. Players come and players go (with a few notable exceptions)

#13 doggystyle

doggystyle
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Latest rumour on the terraces yesterday is that KN is to put the club in to liquidation. Anybody heard a similar tale?

#14 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Latest rumour on the terraces yesterday is that KN is to put the club in to liquidation. Anybody heard a similar tale?

What, when he is shortly going to get blisters on his a**e cycling 70 miles to raise money for some concrete!!!!!

Hardly likely.

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Are you for real? Get a grip, and try applying some common sense before posting.

Edited by TheTerminator, 29 July 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#16 doggystyle

doggystyle
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

And the civil war amongst Batley fans begins..... Was a simple question. Didn't realise we are only allowed to post about selective depressing subjects.

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

And the civil war amongst Batley fans begins..... Was a simple question. Didn't realise we are only allowed to post about selective depressing subjects.

I would have thought that given the plethora of very depressing subjects based on what we are currently seeing on the pitch, the last thing we needed was wildly spurious, mind-bogglingly bizarre rumours probably based upon the musings of a troubled mind (not yours, I might add - that of the person who passed the rumour on). Did you question the rumour? What are the credentials of the individual who told you? Have you weighed up the likelihood of the rumour being accurate?

Edited by TheTerminator, 29 July 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image

#18 doggystyle

doggystyle
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Congratulations on the Psychology degree Terminator. I am not aiming to spread any rumour, simply asking (who I believe to be) loyal Batley supporters who attend the games IF they had heard any similar stories. A forum to discuss only jolly subjects is not feasible....there aren't enough rose tinted glasses to go around.

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Congratulations on the Psychology degree Terminator. I am not aiming to spread any rumour, simply asking (who I believe to be) loyal Batley supporters who attend the games IF they had heard any similar stories. A forum to discuss only jolly subjects is not feasible....there aren't enough rose tinted glasses to go around.

I'm trying to point out that adding rumours to an already despondent situation - ones that have absolutely zero (nay, minus) credibility, isn't doing us any favours at the moment. Maybe KN is going to sell the stadium, liquidate the club, rob a gold bank or two and spend the earnings on a deposit for NASA's first public trip to the moon for people with bushy ginger moustaches? I'd say that was as likely as the rumour you heard. Apologies for any vitriol, but I feel pretty low at the moment - an emotion I'm guessing you probably share.

Edited by TheTerminator, 29 July 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

There seems to be a desire for this forum to contain only one Dogma. However you can't expect compliance when people put their hands in their pockets for the privelege of an opinion.

One thing I would say is that Batley are playing better teams than last year, so there needs to be some perspective. 

Also the level of support is falling dramatically which is a serious worry. I would be panicking about that more than a 2 point loss to Workington. Maybe the prospect of liquidation is a bit melodramatic but the lack of cash generated by the loss of 300 or so spectators cannot be ignored. It takes more than a bike ride to fill the hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users