TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Radio Leeds - Did I miss it?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

A genuine question. Did we have an interview from the club today or did I miss it?

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

no,i was listening too.not a peep from the mount.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Might be a good thing. Perhaps they are all still in a locked dressing room!

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Not much to say really is there.

No plan B, a disinterested bunch of players (not all) who the coach doesn't seem to be able to motivate any longer, dropping crowds, no confirmation from the club whose coming or going despite other clubs announcing signings, and a very very dispirited fan base.

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Perhaps there isn't much to say, but at a time when the crowds are so low as to be almost pointless, don't you think it would be worth hearing something. The lack of a response or mention is pretty poor, unless as I said, they are all still inside a locked changing room door.

It is a quite unbelievable situation really. The transfer rumours are a really poor excuse if that's why we are in this mess. The only benefit to all of this is that it can't be costing us much money, but with poor crowds we can't be taking in much revenue.

#6 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Not much to say really is there.

No plan B, a disinterested bunch of players (not all) who the coach doesn't seem to be able to motivate any longer, dropping crowds, no confirmation from the club whose coming or going despite other clubs announcing signings, and a very very dispirited fan base.

Surely it's not that bad

#7 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Surely it's not that bad

It Certainly is Edward...

#8 Leedsdog

Leedsdog
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I honestly think we are that bad we would even lose to dewsbury rams if we were to play them now.

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

I honestly think we are that bad we would even lose to dewsbury rams if we were to play them now.

No doubt whatsoever that we would lose to Dewsbury in our current state - and probably by quite a margin, too. Now that they've forgotten all the good defensive habits that papered over the cracks, our very, very mediocre playing squad (apart from a few notable exceptions) is being horrible exposed. The reality is (and this isn't a 'knee-jerk' reality) that we have a large number of players who would face a battle to get gametime at other clubs - including some of those below us, and have been propped up on attack by an excellent full-back and wingers all season.

Edited by TheTerminator, 28 July 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

#10 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

it's really difficult to see another win this season- we go to Halifax and on current showing we can't even hope to compete there, Keighley and York still have something to play for in escaping the bottom 2, Leigh have to come to us and will be having a laugh, and even Barrow have had a couple of decent performances lately. A top 5 finish is no longer a certainty unless this crop of under-achievers suddenly find 'The lost Chord' and I really fear for our future. We are now in a 'Gary Thornton' situation, with all respect to him as I rate him as a nice guy, but John Kear surely has something in his locker? Does anyone know if he's actually under contract for next season? Will he want to go through it all again? Saying he wants to use more DR's puts us on a par with Swinton and Hunslet,where we don't want to be, and in all honesty the Giants link has done ###### all for us this year in all truthfulness. if we are to use the link-up, it has to be with regular players who will be available over a specific period of time, not dropping in and out like they have this season. Only Josh Johnson has been what we could call regular, and I suppose we will lose Dan Fleming now, so what hope is there? Somebody at The Mount, PLEASE tell us!!

#11 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

No doubt whatsoever that we would lose to Dewsbury in our current state - and probably by quite a margin, too. Now that they've forgotten all the good defensive habits that papered over the cracks, our very, very mediocre playing squad (apart from a few notable exceptions) is being horrible exposed. The reality is (and this isn't a 'knee-jerk' reality) that we have a large number of players who would face a battle to get gametime at other clubs - including some of those below us, and have been propped up on attack by an excellent full-back and wingers all season.

Most of the players who are allegedly leaving will really struggle to get in their new teams on present form

too many of them lack the basic skills needed.This shocking dip in form has really highlighted most of their

deficiencies like not able to draw a man and pass the ball, never even think about missing a man out or

dummy running, never think about chipping over the top and regathering anything has to be worth a try

as what we're serving up is clearly not good enough.So come on Mr.Kear lets throw caution to the wind

at Keighley and try something completely different before i die of boredom.

#12 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Going back to the subject heading in hand; I did venture the opinion that 2p.m kick offs are slightly detrimental in that we are getting no radio coverage of home games, and that will obviously lead to no post match interviews on occasions. We need that coverage to keep the club in the local rugby league eye, and I would encourage the board to re-consider kick- off time for that very reason. it can't be because of financial reaons, because the period of time over which the season is played allows for it to be still light enough mid- Feb for games to finish in daylight, thus negating the need for floodlighting, and obviously the change in time hasn't brought about any increase in attendance, so what was the thinking behind the original move? just to let everybody get home to Sunday dinner early? the club needs publicity, limelight,and 2 o'clock kick offs aren't giving us it. I started watching Batley in 1961, kick off time was always 3 o'clock and although finishing in often gloomy conditions it was never too dark, with the aid of stand lights, to finish, and that was when the game was played from September through to April. 

#13 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

What about in the 1996 season when kick off were at 5.30!!

#14 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Going back to the subject heading in hand; I did venture the opinion that 2p.m kick offs are slightly detrimental in that we are getting no radio coverage of home games, and that will obviously lead to no post match interviews on occasions. We need that coverage to keep the club in the local rugby league eye, and I would encourage the board to re-consider kick- off time for that very reason. it can't be because of financial reaons, because the period of time over which the season is played allows for it to be still light enough mid- Feb for games to finish in daylight, thus negating the need for floodlighting, and obviously the change in time hasn't brought about any increase in attendance, so what was the thinking behind the original move? just to let everybody get home to Sunday dinner early? the club needs publicity, limelight,and 2 o'clock kick offs aren't giving us it. I started watching Batley in 1961, kick off time was always 3 o'clock and although finishing in often gloomy conditions it was never too dark, with the aid of stand lights, to finish, and that was when the game was played from September through to April. 

Thats not true that kick off time was 3 o clock every game ... as during Dec,jan kick off time was 2:30 as we had no floodlights , i know this as had to catch a coach back to manchester in the 70's and meant i could get the 430 coach back from dewsbury as when it was 300 ko had to wait til 7 for coach back

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users