Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Does the chairman rule the rust?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

With Feisal now being the major shareholder can we guarantee that he will be here next season. Feisal will pick the 'B' shareholders members and as I remember it they are the majority of the board. Therefore they make the decisions.

#22 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

JT no one knows the facts and probably never will know the full truth. But some of the rubbish I've heard today about MC is unacceptable to say the least. Some people have short memories if it wasn't for MC we might not of even had a club to follow on today's date never mind be talking about today's game.

TG. Some of the shouting after the match was unaccepable today as well theres a time and place

They will give us an idea at the fans forum whats gone off and After nexts weeks game today will be forgot about

#23 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Forget the Sheridan/Campbell thing, today's performance wasn't a one-off, every season for the last 4 years has had the same kind of shock defeat to opponents who are getting paid much less than ours. These are the highest paid players in our division, thanks to Mark Campbell, so why shouldn't he feel aggrieved at our under-achievement in major finals, semi-finals and NR Cup games? If you get paid top wages you are expected to deliver, otherwise the paymaster becomes very unhappy, maybe to the point of making rash decisions that are not always the best.

Maybe the players didn't perform because they were unhappy, but they are arguably the best professionals outside Super League, and should have been capable of putting all that behind them. 

#24 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Forget the Sheridan/Campbell thing, today's performance wasn't a one-off, every season for the last 4 years has had the same kind of shock defeat to opponents who are getting paid much less than ours. These are the highest paid players in our division, thanks to Mark Campbell, so why shouldn't he feel aggrieved at our under-achievement in major finals, semi-finals and NR Cup games? If you get paid top wages you are expected to deliver, otherwise the paymaster becomes very unhappy, maybe to the point of making rash decisions that are not always the best.
Maybe the players didn't perform because they were unhappy, but they are arguably the best professionals outside Super League, and should have been capable of putting all that behind them.

Absolutely right Steve, well said
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

TG. Some of the shouting after the match was unaccepable today as well theres a time and place

They will give us an idea at the fans forum whats gone off and After nexts weeks game today will be forgot about

Agree JT and let's look forward to the next chapter at Fev (if the rumours are true) and lets welcome one of the greats of our game to our club in Shaun long. And let's show him what featherstone rovers is all about SHAUN LONGS BARMY ARMY.Yesterday was just a day and today is a new day lets just move on and get behind the lads and the club.

#26 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes but can he coach the shezza thing is just madness any coach should be left alone to do their job would we have won with the team that played halifax in this humble fans view the answer is yes.

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

am i the only one that can remember us losing to donny

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#28 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

am i the only one that can remember us losing to donny

No - I remember that too.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#29 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

ABSOLUTELY 100% SPOT ON-these blokes are so far ahead in every aspect of playing the game than Swinton (the table don't lie)and in terms of preparation for games,training and profesionalism that it shouldn't have bothered them if me big bob and mr evans coached em.they are well paid to do a job they didn't do well.Let the BOD make the decisions ,bring in the brass and run the ship and the players should do what they are paid to do and to the best of their ability consistently which they didn't do yesterday.and I would presume they wont need the fans to tell em that.

#30 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

lets just hope the pathetic reaction by some of our short sighted fans does not p them off , and leave us to rot , like we were before mc came in

#31 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

lets just hope the pathetic reaction by some of our short sighted fans does not p them off , and leave us to rot , like we were before mc came in

you should see the shiiiiite on facebook mate, if i was him i would stick 2 fingers up and be long gone, people who hardly go to games caneing him in public for his wife and kids to see, then if you defend him your classed as an arselicker by faceless key board warriosr. Puts me off watching Rovers to be honest think if it wasnt for all the good mates iv made going over the years i would stop. Some people who should know better havent half been sticking the knife in

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

you should see the shiiiiite on facebook mate, if i was him i would stick 2 fingers up and be long gone, people who hardly go to games caneing him in public for his wife and kids to see, then if you defend him your classed as an arselicker by faceless key board warriosr. Puts me off watching Rovers to be honest think if it wasnt for all the good mates iv made going over the years i would stop. Some people who should know better havent half been sticking the knife in

I don't use Facebook. But if that is the case some people have very short memories. If it wasn't for MC we might not even have a club let alone a chairman to slate. I also agree its not fair on MC let alone his wife and kids its disgraceful to say the least. I'm in no doubt that MC is here for the club and everything he does is for the benefit of the club and sooner these people that slate him realise this the better.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 July 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#33 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

ive heard mate , brave of em that want it ,makes you wonder what planet there on doesnt it , if he does go theyve got a lot to answer to , makes my blood boil after what hes done for us .

Edited by dydo, 29 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#34 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

ive heard mate , brave of em that want it ,makes you wonder what planet there on doesnt it , if he does go theyve got a lot to answer to , makes my blood boil after what hes done for us .

Does mine mate, some of them back tracking today, some of them who post on here were very quick to stick the blade in as well i noticed be careful what you wish for

#35 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

bit late for back tracking mate ,no need for the ###### in first place,they must have prefered watching rubbish in front of 6/700

#36 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

bit late for back tracking mate ,no need for the ###### in first place,they must have prefered watching rubbish in front of 6/700

some of them i noticed are the same lot that take a moral stance on what they deem as inappropriate chanting and want fans banning for LIFE for pushing, but dont seem to mind joining in with a public execution of a man thats put hundreds of thousands our way for his family to see. Dont worry mate they will be the 1st to leave if we go rubbish again sour taste left in my mouth after yesterday

#37 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

some of them i noticed are the same lot that take a moral stance on what they deem as inappropriate chanting and want fans banning for LIFE for pushing, but dont seem to mind joining in with a public execution of a man thats put hundreds of thousands our way for his family to see. Dont worry mate they will be the 1st to leave if we go rubbish again sour taste left in my mouth after yesterday

i've no doubt Mark Campbell will be at the fans forum and he will be taking on allcomers. this bloke doesn't walk, he fronts up.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#38 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeh that sounds about right mate , the do as i say not as i do gang . same feelings here we should be looking forward to a new era for the club going to the next level ,yet ###### like this is getting in the way .

#39 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

been reading this topic with intrest mark cambell is blue and white through and through and what ever he does is for the best of our club and HIS club these numptys who use facebook which i dont thank god should say what they say to his face if they dare not from behind a keyboard but that will never happen because like i say numptys

#40 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

been reading this topic with intrest mark cambell is blue and white through and through and what ever he does is for the best of our club and HIS club these numptys who use facebook which i dont thank god should say what they say to his face if they dare not from behind a keyboard but that will never happen because like i say numptys

Big time, cant wait for some of them to take a moral stance on an issue in the years to come iv got a memory like an elephant me and there all in my book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users