Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Does the chairman rule the rust?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

iv got a memory like an elephant me

and a backside

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

and a backside

Euthanasia enough said

#43 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Does mine mate, some of them back tracking today, some of them who post on here were very quick to stick the blade in as well i noticed be careful what you wish for
I also note that many of those adding derogatory posts are also hiding behind psuedonyms, ie their user ID doesn't tell who they are. If you want to slag off the club or BOD on here, please have the bottle to give your name at the bottom, unless of course your user ID gives us that!

#44 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Having read this topic I'd just like to say you don't know how lucky you guys are having a bloke who is willing to bankroll the club.
Ok on Sunday you didn't play well but in fairness Swinton played the best 80mins of this season. Someone wrote the table doesn't lie and in all honesty you would have expected a Featherstone win.
As a Lions fan I'd happily welcome your chairman on board......he doesn't take to the field of play but I'd sure like his generosity.

#45 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Having read this topic I'd just like to say you don't know how lucky you guys are having a bloke who is willing to bankroll the club.
Ok on Sunday you didn't play well but in fairness Swinton played the best 80mins of this season. Someone wrote the table doesn't lie and in all honesty you would have expected a Featherstone win.
As a Lions fan I'd happily welcome your chairman on board......he doesn't take to the field of play but I'd sure like his generosity.

well said. some people just don't get it.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#46 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

ive heard mate , brave of em that want it ,makes you wonder what planet there on doesnt it , if he does go theyve got a lot to answer to , makes my blood boil after what hes done for us .

Keep off facebook. As Ned Flanders would say, "Its the devils creation". If folk have nowt else to do but slag each other off and read and post utter garbage and drivel, we have sunk to a new low.

#47 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

i've no doubt Mark Campbell will be at the fans forum and he will be taking on allcomers. this bloke doesn't walk, he fronts up.

He can handle himself, OR

#48 rusky

rusky
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I don't know the chairman or the board as I have only just returned to supporting the club however, the reason I have returned and travel 160 miles is my desire to see the Rovers where they belong in SL and it is the Chairman and B O Ds and their determination to see this happen who have re lighted my interest. Those who know me also know that I was a season ticket holder from being 10 in 1955 to the inception of SL, I only mention this because unlike many of the detractors and critics of the Chairman I am able to look at the situation with no agenda other than wanting the best for the club, and in my opinion the only way forward to get Featherstone on the map and boost not only the club but also the town of my birth is to give the Chairman our full backing and gratitude for making the dream possible. I can only guess that the fans forum will consist of those fans who really care so get there, ask the pertinent questions no matter how awkward they may be and then please post them on here so they can be analysed and discussed in a sensible manner by the true fans.

#49 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well put.....Fev like all teams have no god given right to win every game; Swinton were far the best side but champion teams hang in there and had Fev sneaked it..it would have been an injustice;

#50 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

As an outsider (Batley fan) theres no doubt the chairman is the main reason you've had the success you've had recently.

However a chairman wanting to meddle in team selection and removing coaches because they disagree with him is all a bit Des Johnson-esque, and we all know what happened there.

But hey, hes the money man and the guy in charge, so he can do what he likes, so no one can cahllenge what he does anyway!

With promotion and relegation on the cards again in the enar future, and the carrot dangling for an ambitious chairman to spend spend spend to get to the promised land, I just hope for your sake it doesnt all end in tears.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#51 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Whish I never started this topic I was just angry after the game.

#52 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Whish I never started this topic I was just angry after the game.

A lot of folk were angry after the game it seems and took it out of the chairman some who should know better, i hope when the dust settlers he is a stronger willed man than me because i would be off like a shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users