League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What an absolute tool ! I have no words.........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Casfan1978

Casfan1978
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

So, Im watching the CC semi final on TV with my 7 year old son and also with some friends who are new to Rugby League.... My opening 'bigging up' of the sport is aimed at trying to entice them to come down to a game at the World Cup in a friendly and well natured environment with quality sport on show !

In the 30th minute, Ben Westwood coughs up the ball and the Hull players rightfully celebrate. The camera pans to the crowd and at this point I am lost for words and truely embarrassed...... well done mate, the sport of Rugby League, Hull FC and your friends and family are truely proud of you !

Needless to say that is 2 tickets less for the World Cup. I know it happens in most sports but the vile commets being uttered from this gentlemens mouth and the fact that he is clearly intoxicated to such a point that he can barely stand up is a disgrace ! There are children around. The BBC didnt help either by not changing the camera quick enough though they tried to pan out so that he was less prominent on the screen.

The question has to be.... is it time to call time on selling alcohol in grounds ? Given that most rugby grounds are licensed premises, the law is fairly black and white (pardon the pun) in that it is an offence to be drunk on licensed premises...... I for one like a drink at game but with recent crowd problems (made worse by booze) tarnishing our sport... Is this something that we could do without ?

For those who didnt see it, here he is...... (albeit upside down to avoid offence)...... Attached File  image.jpg   254KB   30 downloads

#2 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Completely agree mate, absolute tool! That's not what we need to see.

#3 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Fully agree - my thoughts exactly when I saw it live.  The game can do without this type of "fan".

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Sad that after such a fantastic game of rugby league football you seem to point to one drunk

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Oh come on wind your neck in

#6 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

I thought that womans bingo wings a few minutes earlier were more offensive :-)

Edited by High Peak Rhino, 28 July 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#7 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Why didn't the BBC cameras pan away straight away? It seemed to focus on that moron for an eternity. But I'm not going to let that one incident ruin a marvellous match and advert for this great cup competition and our great game.

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

I thought the fact that they didn't switch camera angle instantly was more disappointing. Someone certainly wasn't on the ball at that moment. But it wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last time that some div seizes a chance to make an ###### of himself. Most teams seem to carry at least a small box of tools with them. Although if that was a Widnes fan I dare say they'd make him the Mayor :P
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Come guys keep it real, the OP is either a troll or a church going god fearing Christian

#10 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Anyway I think that guy comes in at 2nd place to Josh Charnley for twit of the weekend.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Come guys keep it real, the OP is either a troll or a church going god fearing Christian

Being a Cas fan you'd think he'd be used to it!

Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#12 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

No, I think a lot of people would feel they'd rather avoid his company, more so if they have kids
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

No, I think a lot of people would feel they'd rather avoid his company, more so if they have kids

You know what you could be right let's make sure all games are as passionless as the debacle yesterday.

#14 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well I can only see the Challenge Cup final being a sell out this season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#15 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I was at glam vs northants t20 game the other day, some disgraceful scenes with the away fans trying to provoke trouble, lots of obscenities and beer throwing, 30 blokes thrown out. Absolutely zero impact on how anyone will or should perceive the game itself or other fans. Not going to an event because of one muppet is daft and I suspect your friends were making excuses, if not shame on them for judging thousands because of one person
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well I can only see the Challenge Cup final being a sell out this season.

Me too, the rivalry between Wigan and Warrington would have generated a near if not a complete sell out as will hull FC reaching the final with their massive support, especially for cup finals.

#17 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I was at glam vs northants t20 game the other day, some disgraceful scenes with the away fans trying to provoke trouble, lots of obscenities and beer throwing, 30 blokes thrown out. Absolutely zero impact on how anyone will or should perceive the game itself or other fans. Not going to an event because of one muppet is daft and I suspect your friends were making excuses, if not shame on them for judging thousands because of one person

His friends weren't making excuses, he hasn't got any. Its a completely made up story to try and provoke a reaction from Hull fans.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#18 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

His friends weren't making excuses, he hasn't got any. Its a completely made up story to try and provoke a reaction from Hull fans.

To be fair I agree with the title of this thread, it succinctly applies to the OP

#19 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

He was clearly a scrote, but lt's get a sense of perspective : all of us have had a shout and a swear at rugby games. I was more disappointed that the BBC picked him out and then stayed with him. I was also bemused that they decided to fix a camera on a woman who looked like she'd spent last night brawling in Hull city centre.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#20 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

He was clearly a scrote, but lt's get a sense of perspective : all of us have had a shout and a swear at rugby games. I was more disappointed that the BBC picked him out and then stayed with him. I was also bemused that they decided to fix a camera on a woman who looked like she'd spent last night brawling in Hull city centre.

You should have seen the state of the loser.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users