Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What an absolute tool ! I have no words.........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#21 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

It seemed to be something of a theme unfortunately,  plenty of footage of Hull FC fans doing hand gestures during the rendition of Oh Warry Warry.

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

...I was also bemused that they decided to fix a camera on a woman who looked like she'd spent last night brawling in Hull city centre.

It wasn't one of Greg Eden's three girlfriends was it?*

*Completely unsubstantiated twitter rumour #465781

Posted Image

#23 Casfan1978

Casfan1978
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

I find it absolutely amazing that the thread was merely to provoke a discussion about alcohol in grounds and the state that people seem to get themselves in. Why does it matter ? Because the BBCs coverage is watched by more people, more potential fans and has a greater ablity to attract new sponsors to the game than Pay TV and the RFL put together.

Instead, the OP is branded a troll, a God fearing Christian (bizarre), has created a fictitious story and has no friends. Please........

This wasnt a dig Hull, I've seen Cas fans urinating down the terraces at the Scoreboard end at Headingley because they cant be bothered to go the lav ! The BBC didnt do us any favours with some choice camera work either.

Anyway.... a great game and all the best to the Black and Whites in the final.

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

The BBC camerawork was strange on this issue. They seemed to go all out to find Hull fans swearing or making offensive hand gestures. This doesnt seem normal tbh, why would the director say to go to that camera? Dont they normally go looking for the good looking people?

#25 Vasile Andreica

Vasile Andreica
  • Facebook
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

State of Origin decider, final minutes.

What's more disgraceful? A drunkard or a streaker?

Cut the ###### and insecurity complex already. Of all the glorious show we had on display today, you choose to focus on this?

By this logic, soccer would have had to be banned altogether in England in the 80s or Argentina in the 90s or ever.

#26 Jerry the Berry

Jerry the Berry
  • Coach
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

That the BBC prefer RU to RL is no shocker.

More disappointed that yet again some moronic RL fans chose to get in front of BBC cameras that will always be more than willing to show them.

Great game of RL by the way. Well done to both teams for such a spectacle of sport. 

#27 Duff Duff

Duff Duff
  • Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Consdering the BBC have just singed up to cover the Rugby League World Cup and the Four Nations and have taken the rights off Sky can people stop claiming that the BBC has some sort of anti League bias.

Not only has the BBC TV committed to covering the international game they also cover club Rugby League with the Challenge Cup. Something they don't do with the cricket, Union or any other sport that isn't soccer.

In terms of picking out undesirable elements in the crowd in the first half it was something that was noticeable and the undesirables all seemed to be Hull supporters. I imagine words were had at half time as they stopped cutting to the crowd. It seemed to me to be an honest mistake to me but it gave off a bad image for the game whilst the play on the field was excellent.

#28 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

You know what you could be right let's make sure all games are as passionless as the debacle yesterday.

You're right, forgot the only alternative to drunken nobs making lewd hand gestures at the camera was a 70 point walkover
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#29 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

If you're offended by that then TBH you should probably re-evaluate your priorities in life.

#30 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

I watched the game and thought it was funny, a bit of passion doesn't hurt, a finger salute is nothing compared to some of the stuff that goes on and what's wrong with saying up yours to one of your rivals in sport when you are used to being on the receiving end all the time?

I personally can't wait till the day I get to tell Canterbury or Manly fans to stick that one where the sun don't shine, been waiting a while  ;)

#31 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I thought the fact that they didn't switch camera angle instantly was more disappointing. Someone certainly wasn't on the ball at that moment. But it wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last time that some div seizes a chance to make an ###### of himself. Most teams seem to carry at least a small box of tools with them. Although if that was a Widnes fan I dare say they'd make him the Mayor :P

plank!!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#32 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I find it absolutely amazing that the thread was merely to provoke a discussion about alcohol in grounds and the state that people seem to get themselves in.

Do you think this bloke got drunk only on booze sold at the ground? It was a 6pm Kick Off on a Sunday, even if there was no beer sold there yesterday, something tells me he would have been in a state anyway. It's an interesting debate, but a bit of an over-reaction IMO

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

The BBC camerawork was strange on this issue. They seemed to go all out to find Hull fans swearing or making offensive hand gestures. This doesnt seem normal tbh, why would the director say to go to that camera? Dont they normally go looking for the good looking people?

I wonder which Union club the director follows once a flood.

It's just another way to bring our game down to where the old school tie brigade believe we should be. Unionist's don't miss a trick and are always looking for cheap shots at League simply because the product on the field is far superior to what is on offer with kick and clap.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

I think yesterday's camerawork was misrepresentative though.

Because I swear on my life Lee Briers was on that pitch.

Edited by hindle xiii, 29 July 2013 - 08:51 AM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

? Dont they normally go looking for the good looking people?

normally yes, but this was hull and warrington

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#36 Duff Duff

Duff Duff
  • Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

If you watch soccer matches they rarely have lingering shots and close up shots on the crowd. I think the directors over estimated the capacity for an alcohol fuelled supporters to behave themselves.

#37 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

What's wrong, a young guy out following his club having a few beers with mates getting loud and boisterous, or a young guy out with his mates drinking, into smoke or whatever, looking for their next good time? 

Wake up you silly old grump, not like the guy was running around in a gang with a gun selling dope to 9 year olds.

#38 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Go Hull FC.

2013 CC Champions.

#39 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Still, we might get a slot on Points of View.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#40 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

any publicity n all all that........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users