Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What an absolute tool ! I have no words.........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#41 Duff Duff

Duff Duff
  • Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

What's wrong, a young guy out following his club having a few beers with mates getting loud and boisterous, or a young guy out with his mates drinking, into smoke or whatever, looking for their next good time? 

Wake up you silly old grump, not like the guy was running around in a gang with a gun selling dope to 9 year olds.

What's wrong? Supporters aggressively gesticulating towards the TV cameras and flicking the middle finger. It isn't a great look to be honest.

Again the directors that cover soccer matches have learnt long ago not to linger on the crowd is the same way they do at cricket or tennis.

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'd love to see that at tennis! :lol:

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

What's wrong? Supporters aggressively gesticulating towards the TV cameras and flicking the middle finger. It isn't a great look to be honest.

Again the directors that cover soccer matches have learnt long ago not to linger on the crowd is the same way they do at cricket or tennis.

Because no one ever gets ###### up at the cricket, do they?

#44 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

The guy concerned was clearly a berk and it is unfortunate that the TV cameras lingered on him for as long as they did. But that really shouldn't put anyone off rugby league. The 80 minutes of fantastic action are surely the talking point here? What a game.

#45 Duff Duff

Duff Duff
  • Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Because no one ever gets ###### up at the cricket, do they?

Well I have never seen a cricket crowd aggressively responding to the presence of TV cameras. The directors must have worked on Wimbledon because they got very up close and personal with the crowd in the way someone who was experienced in covering soccer or Rugby League wouldn't have done.

It only takes one idiot to give across an aggressive and negative image. The director learnt pretty quickly and stopped the Wimbledon style combing of the crowd in the second half.

#46 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Being a Cas fan you'd think he'd be used to it!

Steady on fella.....

#47 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Still, we might get a slot on Points of View.

Why not complain to points of view actually? Something along the lines of how it's disappointing the BBC decided to linger upon an image like that which risks alienating people from a game which is so inclusive, family friendly and community based. You could throw in a mention of the state of mind round coming up (something very good which paints us in a good light) and the match Leeds did to raise awareness for Stonewall (I can't think of any major sport doing something so positive and high profile to tackle homophobia).

Might work and get BBC to explicitly acknowledge what a great sport we are.

#48 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Or they might dig up that Wakey vs Widnes footage...

#49 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

The guy concerned was clearly a berk and it is unfortunate that the TV cameras lingered on him for as long as they did. But that really shouldn't put anyone off rugby league. The 80 minutes of fantastic action are surely the talking point here? What a game.

Completely agree with this.

#50 Duff Duff

Duff Duff
  • Banned
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Why not complain to points of view actually? Something along the lines of how it's disappointing the BBC decided to linger upon an image like that which risks alienating people from a game which is so inclusive, family friendly and community based. You could throw in a mention of the state of mind round coming up (something very good which paints us in a good light) and the match Leeds did to raise awareness for Stonewall (I can't think of any major sport doing something so positive and high profile to tackle homophobia).
Might work and get BBC to explicitly acknowledge what a great sport we are.

It was a mistake. A mistake that was quickly rectified by an inexperienced director. No doubt it will be discussed during the post production review and taken into consideration when they cover the final which will have a much bigger audience.

No lingering close ups of the crowd unless they are celebrating a try being scored.

The "BBC" didn't decide anything. A relatively junior member of staff made a mistake.

#51 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I wasn't insinuating the BBC had any motive, sorry if that's how it was taken. I was more thinking how this could be turned around into a positive, such as getting the BBC to say what a lovely inclusive sport rugby league is.

Duff Duff what you say reminds me of one of my favourite maxims I have:
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"
Courtesy of Monsieur Bonaparte

Edited by SE4Wire, 29 July 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

It was a mistake. A mistake that was quickly rectified by an inexperienced director. No doubt it will be discussed during the post production review and taken into consideration when they cover the final which will have a much bigger audience.

No lingering close ups of the crowd unless they are celebrating a try being scored.

The "BBC" didn't decide anything. A relatively junior member of staff made a mistake.

Perhaps Steve Ganson was directing.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

This is just nonsense. If people chose not to attend any sport for fear of seeing/hearing something vulgar then they'd probably never go at all. In fact they'd probably never leave the house. Rugby league has become so sanitised it barely resembles the game I grew up with (banning shoulder charges, sending players off for 'fighting', i.e. pushing each other). Now we want to sanitise the fans too? Perhaps at half time we ought to forego the pies and pints and instead have a lemon grass smoothie and a small portion of grapes? Utter rubbish. Hull have the best fans in the league IMO. They always bring thousands and seem determined to have a great time, win, lose or draw.
Well done to Hull and good luck in the final. Have a great day out everyone.

#54 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Glad I read this thread before suggesting it should be merged with the "Josh Charnley" one.  :ph34r:

Edited by Old Frightful, 29 July 2013 - 05:48 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#55 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Do you look under the bed each and every night? 

#56 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Duff Duff what you say reminds me of one of my favourite maxims I have:
Courtesy of Monsieur Bonaparte[/quote]

Great quote. I will weave that into my day today. Thx

#57 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Courtesy of Monsieur Bonaparte

Seconded

#58 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Don't get me wrong, the majority of Hull's fans are fantastic, but they they do seem to have a larger bunch of knobs than most teams.

Well if the twitter picture is real , then Wigan won't be high in this yardstick

#59 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,601 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Oh my God, people try way to hard to find insult in something!
Posted Image

#60 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Despite what that picture may, or may not reveal, I can confirm that Wigan has a very high percentage of big knobs.

Your private life is your own.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users