Photo
- - - - -

Some thoughts about today: positivity spoiler alert!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

this isnt a Batley forum

Really??

#22 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Town me if u avnt got anything postive to say do us all a favour stay on ur own forum dont get u lot wining crying all game about lawton . Then u get a break away try from an off side postion and u ave the nerve to come on our site scitting at us just go back to ur site

#23 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yes I am a town supporter, sorry for interrupting your unbiased forum. I wasn't at the game so please tell me was Worky the only team to knock on and give forward passes all afternoon. If they were it must be some kind of record.

#24 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

The only positives I took from today was seeing Gareth Moore 1) not on the field of play and 2) wearing a pair of pink shorts.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#25 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

We are an unfashionable club at batley & unless we have actually bought fashion then we aren't in a position to comment.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

The only positives I took from today was seeing Gareth Moore 1) not on the field of play and 2) wearing a pair of pink shorts.

I wonder sometimes if Gareth reads this forum and deliberately wears ridiculous items/has ridiculous haircuts in order to gain some self satisfaction from 'winding up the haters'. If that's the case, I bet itd absolutely enrage us if - at the next match, he was to wear a pair of enormous floppy shoes, a novelty spinning bow tie, a bright curly green wig and a red nose. In fact, I bet we'd all be absolutely fuming. I'm seething now just thinking about the prospect.

Edited by TheTerminator, 28 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#27 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Wow some really sour grapes on here tonight. Today was 13 v 13 on the pitch. your off field problems are nothing to do with us. 3pts up for grabs and we brought them back to workington.give some credit where its due instead of making excuses. Off field problems the referee blah blah blah

I think you need to look at the situation and read (carefully) what is actually being said.  You won fair and square and, when it comes down to it, that was not unexpected by the Batley fans.  That is not the issue, nor can the issue be described as off-field.  Believe me, the biggest manifestation of our problems is on-field, and that is the concern being expressed by most of the supporters.  Whatever the cause, refs, coaches, want-away disinterest, the fact is that decent, coinfident teams still win.  We have stopped winning and stopped looking like we know how to win.  This from a team who were riding high, deservedly, just a few weeks ago. Had you beaten us during that period we would, no doubt, be singing your praises, Without wishing to further the "sour grapes" notion, you only have to beat what is in front of you, and what was in front of you today was a shadow of the team we were.  That is what we are concerned about - far more than failing to give credit to Workington, who did the job they had to do.   

#28 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I wonder sometimes if Gareth reads this forum and deliberately wears ridiculous items/has ridiculous haircuts in order to gain some self satisfaction from 'winding up the haters'. If that's the case, I bet itd absolutely enrage us if - at the next match, he was to wear a pair of enormous floppy shoes, a novelty spinning bow tie, a bright curly green wig and a red nose. In fact, I bet we'd all be absolutely fuming. I'm seething now just thinking about the prospect.

Funny you should say that, his 2 more recent post match tweets state -

“@GazMoore7: Wonder why people are concentrating on what I'm wearing rather than watching a game keyboard warriors'

Followed by

“@GazMoore7: Love when people try slaughter me from the way I dress this is why I do it!!! Tools”

Batley fans have been upgraded from 'jokers' to 'tools' i see.

Edited by buford t justice, 28 July 2013 - 08:45 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#29 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

“@GazMoore7: Wonder why people are concentrating on what I'm wearing rather than watching a game keyboard warriors'

Followed by

“@GazMoore7: Love when people try slaughter me from the way I dress this is why I do it!!! Tools”

He really doesn't do himself any favours, does he?

#30 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Wow some really sour grapes on here tonight. Today was 13 v 13 on the pitch. your off field problems are nothing to do with us. 3pts up for grabs and we brought them back to workington.give some credit where its due instead of making excuses. Off field problems the referee blah blah blah

Just a guess, but were you one of the morons stood to the left of the Tomlinson stand in the first half who bored me to death with your constant screaming for "Off Sard" and "Ger um back ref, there all off sard"? It was like a broken record.

It may come as a surprise to you, given you obviously knock nails in to concrete with your forehead for a day job, but I don't think any Batley fan was in the least bit surprised we lost today. Over the last 3 weeks we would have conspired to lose the game even if the opposition not turned out at all.  We really have been that bad.

TBH If you're pleased with that kind of performance, you sir are very easily pleased. Your Jam eating neighbours at least ripped us apart in the last 7 minutes, you lot got 2 tries from barge overs, and 2 shocking decisions from the ref for the other 2 tries. IT was hardly sparkling rugby was it?

On current form, we are the worst team in the division bar none and would struggle to beat Dewsbury Moor under 15's

Edited by DOGFATHER, 28 July 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#31 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

We had a similar situation with the Auckland Warriors,they had lost about seventeen games on the trot and support had dropped away.The coaching staff and players had a meeting, were each player expressed how he was playing and if he was satisfied with his form.This seemed to work because they have won seven of their last eight games and yesterday beat Melbourne   30-22 in front of a gate of qver 20,000.Anything in a situation like this is worth trying, with the Warriors it worked.

#32 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Just a guess, but were you one of the morons stood to the left of the Tomlinson stand in the first half who bored me to death with your constant screaming for "Off Sard" and "Ger um back ref, there all off sard"? It was like a broken record.

It may come as a surprise to you, given you obviously knock nails in to concrete with your forehead for a day job, but I don't think any Batley fan was in the least bit surprised we lost today. Over the last 3 weeks we would have conspired to lose the game even if the opposition not turned out at all. We really have been that bad.

TBH If your pleased with that kind of performance, you sir are very easily pleased. Your Jam eating neighbours at least ripped us apart in the last 7 minutes, you lot got 2 tries from barge overs, and 2 shocking decisions from the ref for the other 2 tries.

On current form, we are the worst team in the division bar none and would struggle to beat Dewsbury Moor under 15's

Well that kind of abuse is a bit uneccesary, are opposition fans now not allowed on your board? Get a grip.

#33 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Well that kind of abuse is a bit uneccesary, are opposition fans now not allowed on your board? Get a grip.

Which bit is abusive?

Just an observation, but do you hold the nails with your teeth whilst the other guy knocks them in?

#34 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Don't blame the ref or your coach it's the players fault for not performing. 

#35 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for popping along with that insight Eduardo! Just to save you the effort, we already know that the world isn't flat. I know this coz I red it in a buk.

Edited by TheTerminator, 28 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#36 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

.... On current form, we are the worst team in the division bar none and would struggle to beat Dewsbury Moor under 15's

Do Keep up Eddie, or sod off back under your rock.

#37 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for popping along with that insight Eduardo! Just to save you the effort, we already know that the world isn't flat. I know this coz I red it in a buk.

Aw boo hoo. I've no sympathy for your tin pot club. You lot have been dishing it out all season and now the **** has hit the fan and you're struggling for money. Diddums.  :P

#38 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Aw boo hoo. I've no sympathy for your tin pot club. You lot have been dishing it out all season and now the **** has hit the fan and you're struggling for money. Diddums. :P

No-ones struggling for money Eduardo, I'm not sure what your source is but its wholly innacurate. Mock away though, if it titivates you. I'd rather you come on here to vent your frustrations than masturbate yourself to premature blindness.

Posted Image

#39 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Followed by

It's just a pity he doesn't spend the same amount of time training and learning to open up defenses as he does picking out his outfit to wind us up, he'd be a better player for it. 

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

No-ones struggling for money Eduardo, I'm not sure what your source is but its wholly innacurate. Mock away though, if it titivates you. I'd rather you come on here to vent your frustrations than masturbate yourself to premature blindness.

No need to get offensive or defensive. Mind you on your current playing form you won't know what that is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users