Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Congratulations Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well done to the black and whites from the the Crusaders Fans, great result to stuff the bookies!!

We will be playing at the Skolars on the Friday night and I  for one will be there cheering you on for the Challenge Cup on the Saturday, 

See you there at Wembley.

No 7

#2 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

I for two will be supporting Hull against them red and white fans who cannot be bottomed to go to Leigh but will now want to lord it down in London. A fantastic result for fans both sides of Hull today....win/win... Either we have to move on if Hull finally win at Wembley or the curse will carry on and be reinforced even more! And with the small matter of the Derby  in 2 weeks we can either expect Hull not to turn up or can "beat" them up before the Final.

HKR even have the pleasure of a game at Wigan next weekend so we are still very involved with the Wembley preparations.

To OF and others, enjoy your time in the spotlight!

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,887 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Ooooh, ta very much you two.  :blush:

Finally got home a few mins ago.  :biggrin:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Thanks, it's fair to say we're bloody buzzing! :D

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

Thanks, it's fair to say we're bloody buzzing! :D

Pretty sure I spotted you on the TV coverage - the first non-dodgy looking corwdshot of the day. Congrats on the win and enjoy Wembley.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

I for two will be supporting Hull against them red and white fans who cannot be bottomed to go to Leigh but will now want to lord it down in London.

Cherry and white. Ancient and loyal ;)

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thanks to everybody for the kind words and to the tremendously sporting Warrington fans who were a credit to their club and town.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

The old Munich litre beer glass put in an appearance when we got home.

Somehow a pint glass seemed woefully inadequate.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#9 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Good luck!!

I enjoyed the recent posts about Mick Crane and Knocker and for that reason alone I hope you towel Wigan

#10 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, congratulations, enjoy Wembley, whatever....

#11 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Pretty sure I spotted you on the TV coverage - the first non-dodgy looking corwdshot of the day. Congrats on the win and enjoy Wembley.

Thanks.

Just watching it back, and now understand why I have the worst sore throat I've had since Cardiff 2005!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

If it is half as good as 1985, we are in for a treat!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 morleyrhino

morleyrhino
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

well done to hull great result n I hope u trounce the pie munchers!

#14 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

I've had a soft spot for Hull after the support shown at the final Celtic Crusaders game a couple of years back. Well done, a tremendous effort.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hull City at home to Norwich and Wigan Athletic are at home to Middlesbrough on Cup Final day.

It'll be interesting to see if anything happens with these fixtures.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hull City at home to Norwich and Wigan Athletic are at home to Middlesbrough on Cup Final day.

To be fair, both sound eminently missable
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#17 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well done to the black and whites from the the Crusaders Fans, great result to stuff the bookies!!

Not sure that he bookies will have been stuffed.

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,887 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Bluddy Targers have announced their kick off ain't changing.

Not that I give a flying, obviously. :rolleyes:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users