Tangi Ropati - nice things to say about Fev

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daryn Hanright

Daryn Hanright
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

In a Rugby League mag published bi-monthly in NZ, got an article about Tangi Ropati. Talks about the injury and the aftermath.

Looks like he really appreciates the help his teammates & club/supporters gave him!

"...It was tough, it took three months for me to recover from it, I was eating soup for eight weeks. I was pretty happy when I could eat my solids again.

I broke my jaw in three places, in the chin area and the side of the jaw, I still have three plates in there, they are there for life...."

and;

"...On match payments with the club, Tangi was unable to earn any money while out injured as his Visa stated his only employment could be through the club.

Thankfully the loyal Featherstone fans rallied together for their man, organising fundraising events to help carry him through financially.

Team mates of Tangi's also donated part of their winning bonuses from the match against Castleford in a gesture of goodwill..."

Looks like he's living in Auckland now. He's got a semi pro contract with the Auckland Vulcans playing  in the New South Wales Cup (only semi pro option in NZ - playing in an Aussie Comp). He supplements his income with a "...9-5 at kitchen fitting business...".

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yeah - Mrs Tangi had a career too and needed to be in NZ.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

nice bloke, and good luck to him and his family in the future. he is remembered fondly at fev

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Agree with Oldrover........top bloke and good luck for the future Tangi.

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Tangi in 2013...

8917821711_da301be19a.jpg

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Disgraceful assault on him...good luck to the lad in future.

#7 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Maybe we will see Tangi over here again if he makes the Samoa squad for the World cup.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users