Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Sheffield Eagles

04/08/13 3pm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Sully possibly fit for Sunday, but not Freer, Brining doubtful, Fordy outside chance,

no Dougie again

Matt Nicko in under 20's side tomorrow

#22 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sully possibly fit for Sunday, but not Freer, Brining doubtful, Fordy outside chance,

no Dougie again

Matt Nicko in under 20's side tomorrow

Since that went to print, it's all change. See tomorrow's Press...!

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Armstrong wasn't "rested" as such - he had a work commitment.

Edited by Griff, 03 August 2013 - 09:15 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Knights 16 Eagles 18 ht

#25 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Knights 16 Eagles 42 ft

#26 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

couldn't fault the effort for the 1st hour. maybe we should have taken the 2 points on offer to level the game, meaning they would have to score 3 times to deny us a bonus point, instead we were 3 scores behind within 5 minutes

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#27 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Massive game now at Swinton on Thursday.

#28 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

couldn't fault the effort for the 1st hour. maybe we should have taken the 2 points on offer to level the game, meaning they would have to score 3 times to deny us a bonus point, instead we were 3 scores behind within 5 minutes

Totally agree we should have gone for goal.

#29 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Not sure end result would have been different, however thought the missed opportunity for 2pts was a crucial point of the game, excellent 1st half by the Knights and deserved to be at least level at HT, we ran at them very well, some crunching tackles especially the try saver on Yere and constantly troubled them at half backs with good kicks and neat little runs then we stopped playing. Eagles gameplan 2nd half was simply keep us up the middle and snuff out anything we threw at them. Too much power, pace and size, huge guys all 17 of them, look at Brambani at No.7 he didn't look like that at Dewsbury.

We need 80 mins every game like the 1st half display today in the remaining games, if not I think we are in trouble.
Posted Image

#30 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

How many times this season have we run out of steam in the second half, because it has taken so much out of the tank tackling the other sides large forwards. Our pack is too small, with the exception of Sully and Nicko, and I'm afraid we haven't seen enough of them.

Why are no dual reg players being made available from Hull, the club must know !

With Swinton and Hunslet to play, I think our fate is in our own hands.

#31 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

How many times this season have we run out of steam in the second half, because it has taken so much out of the tank tackling the other sides large forwards. Our pack is too small, with the exception of Sully and Nicko, and I'm afraid we haven't seen enough of them.

Why are no dual reg players being made available from Hull, the club must know !

With Swinton and Hunslet to play, I think our fate is in our own hands.

One of the biggest understatements of the season which has been apparent to most fans for quite a while now!!!

#32 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Should we have tried harder i.e payed more money to try and keep King and the other lad ( Clarke I think )who dropped out of the squad before the season started ?

#33 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Disappointing outcome to a game we were very much still in at 60 minutes.

I think that first half effort took a lot out of the young like Joe Picketts and Ry Mallinder - some of the hits they threw at the likes of Stringer and Yere in that first half were massive.

If you stayed behind afterwards and looked at the lads they were battered and bruised - Aazer Lyons was limping, Scotty looked dead on his feet as did Ryan.

If you look back at the Eagles second half performances this season they come on strong in that latter period and did so again today.

Thought Sam Scott was our MOM but hell of an effort eam-wise that just ran out of gas.

GT was really disappointed that the lads couldnt hang in there, when I spoke to him after the game. Hope he can raise the morale for Thursday. Also think that when it gets to the nitty gritty in games just now we just lack that confidence to kick on and nail a game.

Very interesting conversation after the game with Tubs which I'll tell you about one day ! ;)

So, how many Swinton players do you think Warrington will pick for Thursday ?

Edited by andyacko, 04 August 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#34 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Spot on Andy with that report, no disgrace in losing to a team like that, once again massive

effort from 1 to 17, would have been nice if Sheffield had rested 3 or 4 top players as they

did mid-week, but that never happens against us, all we get is stand-out players like

Ridyard & Murrell making comebacks when we have played top sides away recently.

Difficult, but think the coaching staff need to keep the players 'relaxed' about Thursdays game,

just keep reminding the lads that they are actually doing a lot of things right & hopefully the

kind of effort & commitment they are putting in will get rewarded - just a tiny bit of luck wouldn't

go a miss either....

#35 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Great first half and good first 15 mins of 2nd half,but ran out of steam.The ref was poor all game giving Sheffield a skinny 10 everytime we had the ball.Should of took the 2 in front of posts,but rushed into a quick decision to run the ball,and the rest of the game is history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users