TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Town V Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#181 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

I work with a lad who plays for millom says were signing nathan mossop and andrew dawson from barrow and elliott wants to come to haven as all his millom marras will be there mossop dawson newton crellin palmer and that he,ll get more of the ball playing with good centres .....just a rumour at work mind but the lad who told me his good mates with them lot

Donald as you well know we get this every season and to be honest it gets very boring. Someone, probably in Sellafield, has too much time on their hands and starts these rumours off. Nine times out of ten they are untrue so I think we'll just wait and see as we always do.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#182 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

I have said on this forum for a long time i just  can not see why we don,t give miller a go in the centre,we are crying out for a bit of pace and strength there, and i think we need a player with his ability to be more in the game worth a try i think?

#183 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Here we go again with the jameaters signings, I wonder if this is the same definite signing as Carter, Matty, Thacks last season. Or Liam Campbell a few months ago etc blah blah zzzzzzzz. Deluded fools.

#184 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

If Adam Swift continues to catch the eye for Saints he may even do enough to get signed by Haven . Big step up for him mind .

#185 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Here we go again with the jameaters signings, I wonder if this is the same definite signing as Carter, Matty, Thacks last season. Or Liam Campbell a few months ago etc blah blah zzzzzzzz. Deluded fools.

Olstrum don't forget he was nailed on
bluewhitearmy

#186 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I hope he doesn't leave he's a awesome player that I hope to see be the number 1 full back for us

surely shaun briscoe should be our number 1 full back. and regardless if ell stays or goes, paddy flynn is a must for us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#187 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

surely shaun briscoe should be our number 1 full back. and regardless if ell stays or goes, paddy flynn is a must for us.

Sorry I ment if Briscoe moves on if he doesn't Briscoe will be there

#188 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Miller aint going the jam neither Is Lupton mark my words!! I'd maybe look at one or 2 of your own who are looking for a move one was very close last season but said one more year,

#189 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't think a BP was ever in the cards with 3 of our top players missing. I don't think it's fair to blame Miller for not getting one as we faired better and seemed more determined after he was sent off.

#190 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't think anybody is blaming Elliot for the defeat. it just made a difficult job impossible.

#191 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Great shot tho miller lad you MUST be proud of that one

#192 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Miller aint going the jam neither Is Lupton mark my words!! I'd maybe look at one or 2 of your own who are looking for a move one was very close last season but said one more year,

Isn't Lupton off to live in the state's,he signed for 2 seasons then moving out there to work in his wife's family business

#193 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Got a decent job now so times change like, so time will tell no doubt plus player of the month why go out when ur Working your way back to the top

#194 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Isn't Lupton off to live in the state's,he signed for 2 seasons then moving out there to work in his wife's family business

Believe he has delayed going for another couple of years.

#195 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

There's plenty of life in him . He plays with his noggin so he doesn't rely on pace anyway .

#196 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ewan dowes just tweeted " Great to see @ellmot7 (Elliot miller) donating his match money to charity after getting sent off with only 15 minutes gone last night #greatgesture"

Very good thing to do, seems like he feels he doesn't deserve the money.

#197 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Great shot tho miller lad you MUST be proud of that one

Can't believe some people think Elliot had anything to be proud of !! I bet he was gutted sitting in that changing room on his own. If you want to see punching Fester I suggest you go and watch a boxing match.

#198 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

It was heat off the moment stuff. He has said sorry to the supporters and even donated his match money to charity so lets move on

#199 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

It was heat off the moment stuff. He has said sorry to the supporters and even donated his match money to charity so lets move on

I accept that and think it's a great gesture by Elliot to donate his match money to charity, but it's still wrong to applaud what he done.

#200 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Lupton said last week on Radio Cumbria sport that he had no offers for next season and sounded like he was looking for one. Town should get in quick. Also said he came back too soon last season ans struggled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users