Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town V Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#21 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

It was ment to be a long day in Sunday jamsamdwich 94 and look what happened the week of death and I'd have been happy with a point and we have 3!! Up the town!! Win or loose jam crack makes me snooze

you should sleep well tonight jam lover or a huge knightmare :sleep:  

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

could be a long day for you guys tonight with matty missing and stack and olstrum

Haven94/shaun its a Very Tough fixture that I will be glad to get through with no injuries and a respectable scoreline. Just being realistic.

#23 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

No doubt, if Town get beat tonight it will be the hot topic over on deludedfans.com...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#24 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Haven94/shaun its a Very Tough fixture that I will be glad to get through with no injuries and a respectable scoreline. Just being realistic.

and like i said be tough without matty stack and olstrum good luck 

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

and like i said be tough without matty stack and olstrum good luck

Yes shaun very tough. You predicted a haven win 18-22 when you went there and got thumped I prefer to be realistic.

#26 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

At least it's a match on the box beats emmer dale farm or depression street in Workington!! D

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Brainless comment about DR and us on Eagles forum , which the haven guy who loves to trawl every forum looking for a thread on town he can comment on dived in to with an even more brainless comment ... I take it our loanie is the guy who's just had a knee op ? The hypocrisy from haven fans commenting on us and DR is breathtaking , seeing how they've embraced it with such relish recently and the benefits that have accrued . And guess what , that man who called it a disgrace before realising what it could do for his average squad is looking at Saints again to plug the JJP gap ... How things change ?

Edited by DavidM, 31 July 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#28 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Whats wrong with matty ?

#29 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Rested I would say after the amount of graft he got through on Sunday

#30 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone know of any pub or club showing the match tonight.

#31 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Whats wrong with matty ?

you not know 106 i will check with charlo callum playing 9 keep up lad 

#32 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hard game for youz bookies giving 18 points start theyre not usually too far away 

#33 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

you not know 106 i will check with charlo callum playing 9 keep up lad 

He's just waiting for Charlo to whip his kecks down for a cack and he'll be right there staring up at his plums ready to ask

#34 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hard game for youz bookies giving 18 points start theyre not usually too far away 

I know it's showing a lack of faith in our guys but under the circumstances I would be quite happy with an 18 point defeat.

Best of luck lads........UP THE TOWN

#35 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

The bookies were more than a wee bit out with the Batley result.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

We couldn't have had a more difficult fixture list for these 8 days and I was saying that if we could get one or two bonus points from Batley (A), Sheffield (A) and Fev (H) we would have done very well and we started off by picking up 3 at Batley. A bonus point from one or both of our other two games would be great but I think if our mindset is right we could do better on Sunday than just 1 point.

Tonight all I want to see is our lads being competitive for the full 80 minutes and getting back some pride after our previous televised match performances.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Absolutely right Keith . Lets just be competitive , not be 24-0 down after 20 minutes , give a good effort and finally show the viewers we are a decent side , and not one devoid of any attacking ideas who run around like guys who've never met each other and play catchup after another awful start . This is tough , as tough as it gets , and its no embarrassment to come away with nothing , everyone else will , but just lets see a gutsy performance that looks good. Any defeat is palatable if you've showed up , if they blow you off the park so be it , but don't make it easy .

Edited by DavidM, 31 July 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#38 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Does anyone know of any pub or club showing the match tonight.

Would invite you to ours but our lass might have sumat to say,  you could go to the station road working men's they have it on I think.

#39 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Station road has the match on tonight for all the guys not travelling down

#40 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Would invite you to ours but our lass might have sumat to say,  you could go to the station road working men's they have it on I think.

Watched it last year in The Grapes. Not sure if they still have it tho