Town V Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#161 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hahahahaha garn miller lad we wernt gona beat them to night so u might as well get people talken but what a fken shot take that on u chin u p rick hahahahahahahahaha

#162 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Simple Town are at there best with Callum at 7 Matty at 9 Forber does a job but in our strongest team he doesn't figure

And one hooker only does not work in modern rugby league that's the basis for every teams attack a fresh impetus at 9 we've played to many games without that this season
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#163 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Just got home, the 5 hour travel down was worthwhile just seeing millers punch, got no voice left now after 8 of us sang for the full 80 minutes, even the Sheffield fans clapped us as we were walking off for our efforts.

Sheffield fans were claiming for everything, "forward pass sir" "round the head" "get them onside" even though they were comfortably winning.

Thought acton and morris were our stand out players tonight, both made a huge impact when they came onto the field.

Miller will likely get a 3/4 match ban, but his hearing wont be until Tuesday so is available against featherstone

#164 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Just got back in about 30 minutes ago. I thought we did well considering a man sent off 3 of our best out on a wed night some players would of had work aswell. I feel sorry for miller qlt went to throw one and pulled out

#165 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

There was a bonus point to be had there if miller hadn't been sent off IMO, we didn't do that bad considering!! Just need to pat ourselves down and bring back the big boys for Sunday and hopefully briscoe!! I've always been a Brett carter fan but the last 2 games he just seems to have switched off, you need your full back to be alert and he doesn't seem the same star he once was, come on Brett! Great to see big dan Rooney back tho and Thackerey leading up too with the other props and second rowers

personally thought carter and thacks were our 2 best players last night.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#166 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Carter? Last 2 games he has been half the player he can be? A full backs main aim is too have safe hands and he has not!

#167 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

Carter? Last 2 games he has been half the player he can be? A full backs main aim is too have safe hands and he has not!

i can only remember carter dropping 2 balls and they were in attack not defence. considerably less than acton and phillips dropped but no one is on there case.brett covered well in defence and put his body on the line and was still one of our best in attack. yeah he hasnt been at his best lately but no blame can be pointed at him yesterday.

#168 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think singling Carter out is a bit odd as I though he had a very good game both in attack and defence, certainly no worse than anyone else. Was impressed with Morris though, much more aggression in the tackle and when hitting it in, and I thought Thacks looked a lot more like his old self. But it was really a perfect storm last night, only days after a very tough away game, late arrival after a terrible journey, man off early etc. I was hoping for a decent showing with no injuries, and as long as the no injuries are confirmed I think we got that defensively where the boys really stood up. In attack we were sorely lacking though, relying on one man in bursts and very little game plan. But onwards and upwards, I was hoping for 3 BP points from these 3 games and we have those 3 points already, a BP on sunday and its probably the best we could have hoped for.

#169 Tallow

Tallow
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

I don't get this defending of Miller, he really let the team down and deserved the red card. Hopefully Charlton will give him a good rollocking and the club hand out some internal disciplinary action.

#170 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm a huge Miller fan but I agree with that . You just can't do it , we had a fair chance of a BP there in that weather against an Eagles team with changes and in first gear . That all went in that mad moment . He'd have scored the try Mossop messed up , and two or three times there was space on the edge but of course no winger ! And your strike try scorer out in more big games . I love a shot but in the new environment it's just far to expensive a price for a momentary thrill . And I'm sorry but QLT did nothing , you get that hundreds of times a game , you can't banjo folk for goading then standing there .

Edited by DavidM, 01 August 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#171 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 778 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

personally thought carter and thacks were our 2 best players last night.

Agreed with Thacks thought he was about MOM for us, while Flynn also impressed,

took in a lot of ball, made good yards. 

#172 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

The crack pots up the road say Miller is signing for them next year

#173 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Any player would off punch him in heat of the moment and qlt when to hit ell but he pulled out

#174 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

The crack pots up the road say Miller is signing for them next year

I work with a lad who plays for millom says were signing nathan mossop and andrew dawson from barrow and elliott wants to come to haven as all his millom marras will be there mossop dawson newton crellin palmer and that he,ll get more of the ball playing with good centres .....just a rumour at work mind but the lad who told me his good mates with them lot

#175 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Not QLT then but someone's rearranged his marbles if he thinks all that . Dear me . And he's desparate for silverware and knows he'll get it there blah blah blah

Edited by DavidM, 01 August 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#176 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

I work with a lad who plays for millom says were signing nathan mossop and andrew dawson from barrow and elliott wants to come to haven as all his millom marras will be there mossop dawson newton crellin palmer and that he,ll get more of the ball playing with good centres .....just a rumour at work mind but the lad who told me his good mates with them lot

i doubt any of that very much. but if he does leave which i really hope he dosent then im sure well replace him just like every other player that leaves the club.

#177 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Paddy Flynn will do for a start . He's very strong and he returns it from the backfield very well .

#178 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

I hope he doesn't leave he's a awesome player that I hope to see be the number 1 full back for us

#179 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think he's been a frustrated player this year . We know what he can do , he knows what he can do , but he's had scraps a lot of the time .

#180 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Paddy Flynn will do for a start . He's very strong and he returns it from the backfield very well .

paddys scored a lot of tries since he came to you lot always be remembered for having a nightmare at the recre even though he scored 2 tries the lads a class finisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users