Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual-reg

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I am not ageeing that the DR is helping us or any other clubs in the division,but at the end of the the day would we have picked up more points up in the 3 games than we would have done?Or are you telling me the players we have at the club are better than the ones we are been offered by Hull?

#22 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Don't worry, it'll all be back to normal soon.

Is that due to the under-23s starting up again and they will no longer need our services? Leaves a very nasty taste in ones mouth don't you think Gav?

#23 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

I am not ageeing that the DR is helping us or any other clubs in the division,but at the end of the the day would we have picked up more points up in the 3 games than we would have done?Or are you telling me the players we have at the club are better than the ones we are been offered by Hull?

As I said maybe, maybe not, its impossible to say.

In Jamie Shaul and Tom Bush's case thats exactly what happened.

Posted Image

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Is that due to the under-23s starting up again and they will no longer need our services? Leaves a very nasty taste in ones mouth don't you think Gav?

The u23's are coming back yes, and they never should have gone away.

It doesn't leave a nasty taste in my mouth. I'm happy with how Hull and York have used (and not abused) Dual-Registration.

Posted Image

#25 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

The u23's are coming back yes, and they never should have gone away.

It doesn't leave a nasty taste in my mouth. I'm happy with how Hull and York have used (and not abused) Dual-Registration.

Really?

#26 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm not convinced any coach in the Championship is in favour of DR !!

Looked at the possible Haven side for the game at home the other week to write my programme notes. They had used both Jordan Case and Joe Greenwood from Saints on DR on occasion in previous weeks - both played for Rochdale yesterday !! Eh ?

Interested to know if you think it has benefited the Knights, Paul ?

Perhaps in one respect and one respect only IMO - that Jack Briscoe might consider signing for the Knights for 2014. That's about it and that's not to demean Bris cos he's been a star.

#27 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I am not saying that DR helps us or any other club in the division,but the question is are the players at the club better than the ones we have offered by Hull?

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I am not saying that DR helps us or any other club in the division,but the question is are the players at the club better than the ones we have offered by Hull?

In some cases they are yes.

Posted Image

#29 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Really?

Really!

Posted Image

#30 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

I am not saying that DR helps us or any other club in the division,but the question is are the players at the club better than the ones we have offered by Hull?

It really shouldn't be a debate. The whole DR farce was foisted upon the Championship clubs in order for the Super League clubs to save cash and once one of the clubs sold out the majority of others followed in a bid not to be left behind and relegated to Championship One. The Championship table is been distorted by who the Super League teams feel fit to be allowed to play on any given Sunday. Madness

#31 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm not convinced that there is any evidence to suggest that a player or players flitting in and out of a team as available is better than playing a settled side week in, week out ( injuries permitting ).

Take the Eagles as an example. They used Ben Gledhill from Salford for 3 games due to Jack Howieson retiring but their 17 has been pretty much unchanged for weeks and they sit joint top.

The effect the DR has had on the fringe players at certain clubs has been disastrous as young players have just walked out of the door and gone back to the am's.

Edited by andyacko, 29 July 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#32 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Really!

Thought you'd have known better!

#33 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

It really shouldn't be a debate. The whole DR farce was foisted upon the Championship clubs in order for the Super League clubs to save cash and once one of the clubs sold out the majority of others followed in a bid not to be left behind and relegated to Championship One. The Championship table is been distorted by who the Super League teams feel fit to be allowed to play on any given Sunday. Madness

I don't think its making that much difference at all to be honest. Most teams would still be where they are now without Dual-Reg.

I'm not saying I agree with it mind you. I'm glad the u23's are coming back.

Posted Image

#34 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thought you'd have known better!

I like to think I know a reasonable amount. :)

Posted Image

#35 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

I like to think I know a reasonable amount. :)

I'm sure you do, hence my post

#36 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

I would hope the answer to that is a straightforward no.

If the Hull players are not better than the York payers who have been left out then it would indicate that team selection is being dictated by Hull. That surely would be "abuse" of the system. Eh Gav?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#37 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

If the Hull players are not better than the York payers who have been left out then it would indicate that team selection is being dictated by Hull. That surely would be "abuse" of the system. Eh Gav?

Where did I say that?

Posted Image

#38 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Sorry if i am asking to many Questions,but i don't want to see the Knights been Relegated and the supporters who do so much to keep the club going with the fundraising ending up with no club,which could happen if we are sent down?

#39 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Sorry if i am asking to many Questions,but i don't want to see the Knights been Relegated and the supporters who do so much to keep the club going with the fundraising ending up with no club,which could happen if we are sent down?

No one wants either of those two scenarios to happen, plus nowt wrong with healthy debate

#40 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

It wouldn't happen. York would go just fine in Championship 1. Crusaders and Oldham are.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users