You wanted news: here it comes!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

"The Bulldogs have commenced their recruitment campaign for 2014 and are pleased to announce their first signing for next season.

Former Halifax half-back Ben Black, 31, has confirmed that he will once again be at the LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium for a third successive season, much to the delight of the club. There was much speculation on the future of Ben, who is one of the classiest operators in the Kingstone Press Championship. As news of the signing broke on Monday evening, Chief Executive Paul Harrison commented: "The recruitment campaign is well under way at the moment as we move towards assembling a crack squad for 2014. Blacky is a hugely important member of the squad and we are absolutely made up that he will be at the club again next term".

With news of further signings imminent, www.batleybulldogs.co.uk will break the news throughout the coming weeks."

More to come soon ...

#2 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Not Gareth Moore I hope.

#3 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

"The Bulldogs have commenced their recruitment campaign for 2014 and are pleased to announce their first signing for next season.

Former Halifax half-back Ben Black, 31, has confirmed that he will once again be at the LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium for a third successive season, much to the delight of the club. There was much speculation on the future of Ben, who is one of the classiest operators in the Kingstone Press Championship. As news of the signing broke on Monday evening, Chief Executive Paul Harrison commented: "The recruitment campaign is well under way at the moment as we move towards assembling a crack squad for 2014. Blacky is a hugely important member of the squad and we are absolutely made up that he will be at the club again next term".

With news of further signings imminent, www.batleybulldogs.co.uk will break the news throughout the coming weeks."

More to come soon ...

That is a relief!!!

#4 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hope we can add applegarth&young whitmore to that

#5 Deputy Dog

Deputy Dog
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Have the rest of the A-Team been offered contracts? Think B.A. Could do a job at Prop?

#6 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Australian scrum half more loyal than some local players.  Now where have I seen that before?

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

The one thing about these signings is, as they're announced, it makes you want to get behind those players 100% because they WANT to be here. Blacky could have gone elsewhere but he's stayed and he's gone up 100% in my estimation. It was the same when Ash rejected Fax's overtures last season and stayed here. Great club men. And yes, you're right Bill, very much in the mould of Tommo.

Looking forward to hearing about some of the others who have signed on in due course.

#8 Deputy Dog

Deputy Dog
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

A good start to next seasons recruitment. Hopefully he will get a half back partner who compliments his style of play more than. The current incumbents. Black and Brown would be good.

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Australian scrum half more loyal than some local players. Now where have I seen that before?

the son himself glen tomlinson but also great resigning by the club again!

Edited by Keep The Faith, 29 July 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Great news that and shows some intent from the BOD. It would have been easy to release black and save a few quid........skint my ###### Eddie Rombo!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Good start, hope we keep Greenwood, Campbell, Faal (better to come from him) Maun, although he hinted at retiring we could get another year out of him, Potts, Smith, Rowe, Davies, Bretherton, Applegarth, Ash, Whitmore, that's almost a team already if my guess goes to plan. With rumours of Leatherbarrow and Brown, possibly Manning returning and maybe a couple more it's not a disaster then.

#12 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well done and thank you Ben and the BOD..I heard a rumour that Ben had been approached by another of the top two clubs...In my opinion Loyalty will pay off.

As we know, Ben was a Grand Final Winner with Halifax (He won the game for them).

Our so called "Superstars" who rumour has it are on there way to pastures new..(apart from Jason Walton,and Gareth Moore) have never won nowt for any club, and continue to come up short for us when IT MATTERS..

Just my honest opinion.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

To be fair to the players who are leaving, you can't really blame then for taking up the offer of more money (LOTS more money, in fact) from other clubs higher up the food scale. What's not fair is the on-field attitude they've displayed since deciding to leave. The dramatic drop in form - which happened almost simultaneously to the heavy rumours of impending departures, is no coincidence. According to various leaks, the Sheffield home game pre-match warm-up was wrecked thanks to dressing room discussion by various players of their plans for 2014, and the downturn clearly began in the 80 minutes which followed.

Edited by TheTerminator, 29 July 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Posted Image

#14 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Forgot young Leary in my round up of hopefuls, apologies Jay if you read this. If you're off as well then .....

#15 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Great news that and shows some intent from the BOD. It would have been easy to release black and save a few quid........skint my ###### Eddie Rombo!

Wow, you've signed one player on for next season things can't be that bad then  :tease:

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

More on the way, Rombo. Sorry to disappoint you.

#17 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've not been up for a while so I can't comment on the performances. However, when it comes to new recruitment I'm sure we are now the club for young up and coming players to come to who want to step up the league. Not ideal maybe but it's better than the old Aussie journeymen we had to put up with.
With JK in charge and our BODs sensible and realistic attitude to contracts I can't wait to see who we sign next season. I bet the season after we'll be saying goodbye to a few more youngsters off to SL.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#18 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've not been up for a while so I can't comment on the performances. However, when it comes to new recruitment I'm sure we are now the club for young up and coming players to come to who want to step up the league. Not ideal maybe but it's better than the old Aussie journeymen we had to put up with.
With JK in charge and our BODs sensible and realistic attitude to contracts I can't wait to see who we sign next season. I bet the season after we'll be saying goodbye to a few more youngsters off to SL.

No problem at all if we are saying goodbye and good luck to them in a future career in SL. It will mean that they have shown the ability and aptitude to be seen as capable of performing at that level whilst wearing a Bulldog shirt, and such performances are all that we ask of them.

#19 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

another resigning to be announced later today :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users