Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Raiders 18th Man

barrow raiders 18th man

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

PRESS RELEASE: BARROW RAIDERS 18TH MAN

Ever wanted to be part of the Barrow Raiders team?

The actual team? Out there on the pitch with the rest of the Raiders ? Making breaks, smashing tackles with the rest of our boys?

Well an opportunity has come about for just that to happen!!!!!

You the fans could become the Barrow Raiders 18th man!!!!!

For the 2014 season Barrow Raiders will be partnering up with Super League kit makers O’neills. With a new manufacturer comes a new design and a unique chance for a limited number of Raiders to have their names fully sublimated into the design of the kit.

Not just “on the kit” but IN the kit.

Your name along with up to 499 other Raiders fans will be printed into the design of the kit. Every playing shirt worn by the squad and every replica kit bought by a fan with have all the 18th man names in it.

Every crushing tackle made by Liam Harrison, every jink and break made by Liam Campbell, every busting run made by Brad Brennon you’ll be on the pitch with them.

Raiders Commercial manager Pete Murphy said, “I think this is one of the finest ideas the club has ever had. It gives all the Raiders fans a unique chance to be part of the team. It gives a permanent bond between player and fan.”

Pete added, “I love the idea of junior raiders fans on Christmas morning opening up their new shirt and scrambling to find their name on the kit. I think it’s great that friends who stand or sit together in the stands can all have their own and each other’s names in the kit. When the crowd gets behind the team at home it always gives the lads a lift, this will give each person extra incentive to shout along knowing that they’re out in the pitch too. ”

“Any name can be added to the design of the kit, obviously your own name, your child or grandchild’s name, possibly even the name of a loved one no longer with us that was a lifelong raiders fan. It would be immortalised in the kit forever.” Added Pete.

“Season ticket holders will be given a 3 weeks exclusive opportunity to commit first, if all of them take up the chance there will be 100 “18th man” places available, on a first come first served basis. The cut-off point being Sat 14th Sept 13. This will just give us enough time to get the kits made and back to us before the kit launch evening in November.”

Each name put into the design of the new 2014 kit will cost £15 for just the home kit or £20 for the home and alternate strip. The same name must go on both kits. Any one fan can have more than one entry onto the shirt, but would pay for each entry. ie: Father and sons name on home and alternate kits is £40.

Take a look at the mock up provided to give you an idea how the names are sublimated in. This mock up is not what the new kit but gives an idea of how the names will be on the shirt.

Attached Files

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#2 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Great idea.. think I'll have a bit of that..

#3 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

think its a fantastic idea I'll b up for that

#4 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I will have a few, don't know how many yet.

#5 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Do the volunteers get the same window as the Season Ticket Holders.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#6 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Do believe I suggested this a few weeks back after the Cronulla Sharks did a members jersey with 10.000 names emblazoned into a chevron - is someone actually paying attention to the fans??? surely not

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

great idea this will get my late dad and my name imprinted on the home and away shirts.

Can I ask where the funds from this will be going.......Floodlights or maybe into a players sponsor fund to help pay for one of the players contracts ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

great idea were up for that

#9 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Me, and i'm sure the rabble - sorry i meant Brothers  :tongue:  - will be having some of that. If they can't manage to spell our second name correctly we'll be expecting the shirts for a tenner a piece :)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#10 Marsh

Marsh
  • Coach
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Great idea..... I'm in

Posted Image

#11 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sound great to me . . . . I'm in

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#12 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Brilliant

#13 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Cracking idea, should be a good money raiser. O'neills seems really good quality kit too, so long as the collar is better than the current azzuri offering.

#14 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm in...
Keep us posted on when non season ticket holders can get them.
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#15 Cravens 13

Cravens 13
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Brilliant idea. A thing the whole family can be involved in. A decent price too.

#16 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Weve Been into shop and got name down...
Great idea and will raise much needed funds..
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#17 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Halifax did this this year and the shirt design is almost identical to the one you have. Fax fans really did but into this and was a roaring success.

#18 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Just seen the Halifax shirt at the ground, looks ###### the way the names have been done in grey, hope the new Barrow shirt is done better.

#19 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Such has been the demand for the 18th man names on the shirt that the exclusive period for season ticket holders to put their names into next seasons design of the kit finishes this sunday 18th aug. To be fair to everybody, As from Monday 19th aug ALL supporters can have the opportunity to take up the chance to be in the design of the kit. Names are very strictly limited to 500 and will be added on a first come first served basis. Forms are available from the rugby shop on scott st. Or can be handed in with payment to the souvenir kiosk at the Workington game.

Good luck , I hope everybody that wants on the shirt gets on the shirt!!

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#20 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ok, not being negative but why are we getting a blue and white hooped shirt like Fax?

Couldn't the names have been put in a white chevron on a blue shirt?

The names could have been organised into the shape and printed in white so that the chevron itself was done in members names - just a thought

Love the idea, but think the shirt looks pap

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: barrow, raiders, 18th, man