Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Player of Season

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Getting towards the end of regular season now and was just wondering who my fellow roughyeds think is player of the season so far. Ive never personally voted for it just because we win together and lose together but would be interested to hear thoughts of my fellow posters

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Wow! that is so difficult mate. They have been amazing as a team and it's hard to select individuals. Lippy, Filesy, Phil Joy, Josh Crowley, Lewis all stand out but if I had to choose one who has played consistently well and grafted non stop all season I would probably go for Danny Langtree. He just gets on with his work and never takes a backward step. They have all made me proud to be a Roughyed this season and especially last Sunday!

#3 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Langtree for me as well. Lepori , Palfrey and Files would be close behind but the consistency of Langtree's performances raises him above the rest for me.

#4 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yeah its a toughie this, personally i would not pick anyone out and give it to the whole team, they have grown together as a unit this season. If i was pushed i think i would give it to Palfs and Sammy jointly as the Captain and vice they have shown great leadership and direction on the pitch, but as i say there are so many possibles, just doesnt seem right to pick out individuals.

#5 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Can't fault your choice 'roughyed34'. They have been a huge influence in a team that plays 'with a smile on its face'. As you say it is too difficult to pick out individuals as they all have excellent qualities and a 'never say die' attitude.     

#6 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

It's a photo finish between joy gee and palfrey, but I'm going for joy. He joined the squad as a rookie and started to make a huge impact at the first south Wales away game. From then on he's improved game by game, constantly getting over the gain line, controls his runs and plays without any fuss. I personally think he's an inspiration to the rest of the pack, if not the whole team. It's a close call between him and gee, but as out of town says, we win as a team and lose as one, and this season they have been a team. That's why it's difficult to pick someone out as outstanding over the rest of the team.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Wouldn't like to pick out any individual from the current group of players as their strength is they are a team in every sense of the word .But if there is one player who seemed to do more than most to galvanise that team spirit and sense of togetherness when he spit the dummy out and left the club , that has to be Jamie Dallimore. . Since he left we have improved beyond recognition so it will have to be Jamie Dallimore for me .

#8 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Haha quality post that ruffyed!! :locomotive: