TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Single or multiple subject threads? You decide!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer threads on individual TV shows etc, or general merged threads? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer threads on individual TV shows etc, or general merged threads?

1. Allow threads for discussion about individual shows/films etc (19 votes [63.33%])

Percentage of vote: 63.33%

2. Stick to having one merged mega thread for discussion about TV Shows / Film etc (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Couldn't give two hoots either way (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Just browsing AOB today and noticed there's a thread about the TV show 'The Wire'.

Normally, our policy would be to merge this into the general 'TV Thread' but I'm wondering whether we should move away from large general threads like that (which lets be honest, don't appear to be that popular anyway) and let people start threads to discuss individual TV shows, films etc as and when they wish?

I doubt we'd end up being swamped with loads of threads anyway, but the ones we did have could at least stick to discussing a particular show or film, rather than ending up in a confusing trail of discussions about several shows all together.

I've started a poll, let the forum decide!

(PS: There is absolutely no truth in the suggestion that I'm only doing this because I want to start a new thread later this year to discuss the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. No truth I tell ye, none at all, don't believe it for a minute ;) )

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Both have a place. But I'd edge towards single and ready to mingle. The blanket film thread has it's place more than TV I'd say.

As for Doctor Who, stick it in the Gulag.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Both have a place. But I'd edge towards single and ready to mingle. The blanket film thread has it's place more than TV I'd say.

As for Doctor Who, stick it in the Gulag.

Meet the new moderator, earthling! ;)

bifbangpow_dalek_small.jpg

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

If you could, I just know you'd change your name to John Dalek.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

I agree with Hindle - I've gone for the "multiple threads" in the vote, but in reality both have a place. Bigger shows/films usually have justification for having their own thread, but sometimes you are enjoying watching something but might not feel the need to start one - hence the ongoing threads are the perfect place to let people know your thoughts.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,668 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Isn't that an architects model of bridge water place in leeds?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

Both have their place.

I just wish you'd stop pinning stuff, aside from the match threads, if a thread can't stand on it's own two feet then so be it.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#8 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

I guess we'll allow individual threads as well as keeping the merged telly and film thread, then. A fine TRL compromise if ever there was one. ;)

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#9 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Both have their place.

I just wish you'd stop pinning stuff, aside from the match threads, if a thread can't stand on it's own two feet then so be it.

It's off topic, but I'll ask anyway. Which particular pinned threads bother you? Apart from the match threads, which were the result of popular demand, I wasn't aware we pinned that many others to the point where they might bug anyone. But always happy to receive feedback on such matters.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

I like the match threads being pinned, it's an RL site after all.

The mighty penguins is pinned, I'm not interested but that's not the point, I view the site primarily by mobile and I want the most recent ones at the top not some random other stuff.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Highlights from the Royal Welsh Show were shown over five nights on BBC Wales during the last couple of weeks.

It had absolutely everything any viewer could want ...  prize sheep, pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, rabbits, ducks, cake-making and, to top it off, the Young Farmers' tug-of-war competition.

Surely, this deserves a thread all to itself.

;)  :biggrin: 

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

Highlights from the Royal Welsh Show were shown over five nights on BBC Wales during the last couple of weeks.

It had absolutely everything any viewer could want ... prize sheep, pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, rabbits, ducks, cake-making and, to top it off, the Young Farmers' tug-of-war competition.
Surely, this deserves a thread all to itself.
;) :biggrin:

Sounds better than Dr Who.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

Sounds better than Dr Who.

Hardly a recommendation.

(Prepares to be exterminated...)

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users