http://www.roughyeds...e-job-chairman/

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

all excellent.....

but what happens to whitebank if we go up??

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Nice one Rob :) its all buzzing nicely, wait and see what happens instead of speculating yet again (yawn) spud , its all positive at the moment around the club, dont need the negative brigade atm, im sure that old chestnut about Whitebank has been done to death on many threads.

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

its a serious question....

OLDHAM RLFC

#5 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah i know but wait and see what happens, there is no point in asking about it atm, when the club have sorted whatever it is , and proper plans are in place then im sure we will all find out..There will be something happening im sure. It looked good on Sunday with a decent crowd in, but obviously there will have to be improvements to meet the criteria for the Championship (if we go up, i aint counting my chickens just yet!!). This is the best chance for us to move up a rung of the RL ladder and im positive it will all be under control, after all the hard work put in ,the ground will not be an issue, guess we all wait with baited breath!

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

i suppose it does'nt matter anyway cos theres gonna be a massive restructuring of the leagues after next season anyway...

OLDHAM RLFC

#7 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Of course it matters!!! If we want to rebuild a successful club and move up the structure its a big part of it. We need to be aiming to be in the top 10 of the Championship to be in the new proposed 2 tier SL/Championship whatever the heck they will call it. Lets not bother then shall we? Well i for one would love to see Oldham playing in the new higher division in a revamped ground. Its acheivable if we all pull together but obviously we still have the negatives posting on here just to get a reaction. Jog on.

#8 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

No problem with what CH said. Fully agree big crowd, lots of momentum now can take us up with luck as winners if not through the play offs but aftre the season so far the team, club and coaches deserve our 100% support. Lets hope the fans retuning will be permenant.

As for the ground, you would be suprised what can be done in the close season. It would be a nice problem to have. Saturday was a "watershed", best atmosphere and team performance for years, lets enjoy it please.

One for all and all for the one

#9 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Its pride at the end of the day with most stayaways roughyed34.

The jackals will be back on here when we lose :fie:   

#10 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

its a serious question....

Oh bring back the hoops :drag:

#11 thinboyfat

thinboyfat
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

All I can say is ................ one step at a time and from what I witnessed on Sunday those lads are making huge strides and deserve as much support as they can get. Forget about Whitebank at the moment the priority has surely got to be get promotion first then worry about the ground.

So proud of the performance on Sunday and determined to support those lads that  take pride in the shirts they wear. I'll be there cheering them on against Gloucester and then again at our nearest and dearest.

It was also great to meet up with old friends, so see you all again soon :tongue:

Edited by thinboyfat, 30 July 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#12 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Of course it matters!!! If we want to rebuild a successful club and move up the structure its a big part of it. We need to be aiming to be in the top 10 of the Championship to be in the new proposed 2 tier SL/Championship whatever the heck they will call it. Lets not bother then shall we? Well i for one would love to see Oldham playing in the new higher division in a revamped ground. Its acheivable if we all pull together but obviously we still have the negatives posting on here just to get a reaction. Jog on.

the point im getting at is if we are'nt allowed up if we win promotion we have no chance of being in the top 8 of the championship by 2015...(we need to finish top 8 next season)...that means we're stuck in championship1 till 2016!

plans for whitebank need to be announced & submitted asap

OLDHAM RLFC

#13 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I like others above are enjoying what coaching staff and player are achieving and agree they need our full support. The owners know the situation with the ground/criteria and i'm sure have plans in place. But first things first, lets get behind the lads and make sure we get promotion first. After what has been going on for the last few years, this is like a breath of fresh air.

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

On a slightly different tack - it was good to see your club with 3 reps at the RFL forum last night. North Wales Crusaders Supporters club sent along me and 3 others and there were 2 lads who had travelled up from Hemel Stags. That's 9 reps from about 40 of the audience, so well done to the Championship 1 reps, who showed considerably more interest than some of the 'big boys'.  Keep being positive.

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

trying to follow whats going to happen with the restructuring of super league, SL2 & Championship1...given how much of a mess the top 2 leagues look like being...2x12 then possibly 3x8 being in a stand alone 14 team championship1 might actually be the safest place to be lol

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users