Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford

Statement

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Who says its transparency?

It's as likely to be a smokescreen given the information the club was putting our last week...

#42 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Apparently they're getting a bank loan to cover the wages, what could possibly go wrong ?

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#43 landy13

landy13
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

One thing not mentioned already is the fixture pattern

A club shouldn't live hand to mouth, but on 1/2 sky money and just finding its way out of administration the fixture pattern hasn't helped at all for a club who is doing just that

After their home game on 26th May the Bulls didn't have another home game until 23th June, so 4 weeks with no additional income from non season ticket holders or away fans.

In the last 10 weeks (including this week) I think the bulls have had 3 home games in 10 weeks, which is going to test any clubs finances

Its not an excuse but it must be a contributing factor, and with London and Catalan the next 2 home games its very worrying

www.matchdayphotography.com

#44 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

What about when they get 3/4 home games in a row? Where's the money from that gone since they'd have had a surfeit?

#45 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

#46 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Does the owners and directors taking a back seat have anything to do with it, are they sick of chucking money away and want out?

#47 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Huddersfield have had a long gap in their home fixtures this season and you're very right, fans like regularity in their matches and long gaps make it much harder than it needs be to get in new fans - if they have to wait more than a week to come to a game there is no point advertising the games

#48 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

I can't see any reason why fixtures shouldn't rotate on a fairly fixed home and away basis.

How hard can it be?

That's me.  I'm done.

#49 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can't see any reason why fixtures shouldn't rotate on a fairly fixed home and away basis.

How hard can it be?

A lot harder than you'd think!

EDIT: Admittedly this is about the NRL, but Super League would be similar

EDIT 2: A link would help! http://www.nrl.com/t...74/default.aspx

Edited by brooza, 31 July 2013 - 12:51 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#50 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I bet it isn't

#51 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Google search
First result
Free fixture list planner
14 teams, home and away - simple as that
THIS is what will pull fans back in, never mind convoluted league structured - a bloody simple fixture list!

#52 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Google search
First result
Free fixture list planner
14 teams, home and away - simple as that
THIS is what will pull fans back in, never mind convoluted league structured - a bloody simple fixture list!

The fixture list is based on what Sky want, now what the clubs want.

HW

#53 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

The fixture list is based on what Sky want, now what the clubs want.

HW

The game is based on what Sky want.

The game has to do as they say. If not the game would be finished.

#54 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Someone over on RLFans sent an email to Ryan Whincut and asked a couple of straight to the point questions, and his reply was a delay in releasing funds Omar Khan is putting in to support the Bulls this year AND NEXT which is coming from his own personal portfolio.

#55 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Personally, I'm worried.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#56 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Dealing with clubs in administration is a delicate matter. I can only assume that the incidents leading a club into administration are down to the people running the club and it is them that should be dealt the punishment.

I know a punishment has to be handed out in some way, and it is always the players and fans who suffer as a result of a points deduction.

Is there an alternative punishment sports' govening bodies can impose? Do you agree that a points deduction is the correct form of punishment?

#57 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

No drama here, all will be well

#58 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Seems unlikely, since clubs won't even know who they'll be playing in the back third of the season until the last moment.

I imagine the directors of several SL clubs who are pushing for these changes may start to have doubts when they're suddenly facing a holiday season home match against Hunslet or Oxford.

That's me.  I'm done.

#59 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

Personally, I'm worried.

We've just signed about 4 players and employed Robbie Paul. The club said we'd be spending the cap next year as well. Both the club and the RFL have said there isn't an issue with the club.

Suspect it's a short term cash flow problem.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#60 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

They said the player had got his dates wrong last week

And I've seen plenty of companies take on new staff while going out of business...(like Crusaders)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users