TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford

Statement

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

They said the player had got his dates wrong last week
And I've seen plenty of companies take on new staff while going out of business...(like Crusaders)

Like Kopczack and the Giants, the player did indeed get his dates wrong.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#62 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Maybe, but at least they had a choice unlike the likes of Fev, Fax etc

The fact that the people of Bradford haven't exactly flocked to support them hasn't helped either.

You seem to miss the point that even a broken Bradford is better supported than any of the other clubs you've mentioned.

If professional rugby league can't work in Bradford, there aren't many places it will work. Hence, we should all be concerned.

#63 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

You seem to miss the point that even a broken Bradford is better supported than any of the other clubs you've mentioned.

If professional rugby league can't work in Bradford, there aren't many places it will work. Hence, we should all be concerned.

That is the only reason they are still in SL. The greedy clubs getting all the money did not want a lesser supported team to be allowed to take their place and try to build their support base over time. they wanted the already established fan base that Bradford had historically. Its fantastic if you are in SL, but it is this closed shop attitude, that is killing the game below the top table.

I do hope Bradford survive, but do think they should have been relegated in the first episode.

#64 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

The game is not dying anywhere. Keep shouting it though, I mean it's got the RFL so worked up they're forcing through their new structure.

• amh likes this
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#65 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

The game is not dying anywhere. Keep shouting it though, I mean it's got the RFL so worked up they're forcing through their new structure.

You've changed your tune

#66 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

The fixture list is a complete farce, three clubs including Bradford had to go 8 weeks without an home fixture. Fans like regularity of matches and when there is a long period without a game find something else to do. I just hope that next season greater thought can go into the fixture list.

Like you i want to see greater thought going into the fixture list. Challenge cup games apart, i can't see the problem of having a home game every other week.

#67 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

I did wonder at first if it was an effect of teams at footy grounds relaying pitches, i.e. if some teams have extended periods away from their ground for that reason it could have a knock-on effect to other teams, although I dunno if this has been a case this season.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#68 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I did wonder at first if it was an effect of teams at footy grounds relaying pitches, i.e. if some teams have extended periods away from their ground for that reason it could have a knock-on effect to other teams, although I dunno if this has been a case this season.

Sounds sensible to me, all grounds will need an element of maintainece I'd imagine, must be a tough gig for ground staff, even in sole occupancy stadiums given the hammer a pitch can take in the early parts of the season as we move through Winter and Spring.

#69 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Sounds sensible to me, all grounds will need an element of maintainece I'd imagine, must be a tough gig for ground staff, even in sole occupancy stadiums given the hammer a pitch can take in the early parts of the season as we move through Winter and Spring.

My over simplification of it came about, for example, Wigan had their pitch relayed (relaid?) last season and were away from the DW for a while... I thought perhaps in this case, if Wigan were away for a period of time then some teams would also have to be away in order for the fixture list to work...

... Or maybe not. Confusing myself now!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#70 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

My over simplification of it came about, for example, Wigan had their pitch relayed (relaid?) last season and were away from the DW for a while... I thought perhaps in this case, if Wigan were away for a period of time then some teams would also have to be away in order for the fixture list to work...

... Or maybe not. Confusing myself now!

Looking at this seasons Wigan fixtures, if they hadn't been drawn at home to Leigh in the Challenge Cup then there'd have been a gap between the home league game on the 7th April against Wakefield until the 28th June when they next played at home to Castleford.  But from the Cas game onwards finish with 7 home matches in the remaining 9 rounds.  Presumably this is by design to, as you say allow for maintainence.

They must draw lots in Red Hall as to which mug gets to compile the fixture list each year, must be a thankless task!

#71 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

Looking at this seasons Wigan fixtures, if they hadn't been drawn at home to Leigh in the Challenge Cup then there'd have been a gap between the home league game on the 7th April against Wakefield until the 28th June when they next played at home to Castleford.  But from the Cas game onwards finish with 7 home matches in the remaining 9 rounds.  Presumably this is by design to, as you say allow for maintainence.

They must draw lots in Red Hall as to which mug gets to compile the fixture list each year, must be a thankless task!

So as an extension of this I thought; well someone needs to be at home and someone needs to be away, so if (in this case) Wigan needed to be away then other teams would too.

And to perhaps back this up, those weekends slightly coincide with Bradford's fixtures too, home Sunday 14th April then just the single home game Friday 3rd May before Sunday 23rd June.

Anyway, 3 home games in the first 4 games and 3 home games in the last 4 probably put us on the back foot as this time. Although I'da thunk we'd have budgeted for this situation anyway. But I know nowt about running a rugby club and just stick to blaming the RFL and Huddersfield... boo... farce.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#72 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

The problem with these long gaps between home fixtures is the fact that fans can soon find other attractions away from the game. The stupid thing also if you are a long distance travel supporter like myself, when the weather was bad in February and March, fixtures were on a regular basis. Come the good weather and home fixtures were few and far between.

#73 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

From May to September Salford have 6 home games.

There must be an easy method of allocating games.

#74 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

There is.

#75 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

You've changed your tune

I have never once said the game is dying. Not once. I have, however, repeatedly said (perhaps too often but I genuinely believe it) that the changes being brought in will do the game great damage.

As far as I can tell, the only people who usually employ the phrase "the game is dying" are the ones who are so desperate to see their championship club get promoted so that they can get destroyed in SL and then hit financial trouble upon relegation.

Edited by nadera78, 01 August 2013 - 12:42 PM.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#76 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

I like the honesty.

I like the vindaloo personally.

#77 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

It's telling reading the awful T&A board and the VT on RLFans, we might as well be in Spain, someone call animal rights; the lances and barbed spears are in full flight.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#78 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

, i can't see the problem of having a home game every other week.

Do t think that's possible.

#79 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Telegraph & Argus reporting today that Bradford Bulls have now entered liquidation:

http://www.thetelegr...idation/?ref=mr

(running for cover whilst someone points out the obvious) :-)

#80 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Telegraph & Argus reporting today that Bradford Bulls have now entered liquidation:

http://www.thetelegr...idation/?ref=mr

(running for cover whilst someone points out the obvious) :-)

Oooh, good try.

People called Romans they go the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users