Challenge Cup Final tickets on Ebay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Quite a few available and, rather conveniently, most in the same area of the country so you can save on petrol as well.

:whistle:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Warrington! :O  I thought the Cup final tickets on ebay were in London.  

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Not sure if I was searching incorrectly but I could only find around 7 results with about 15 tickets.

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Looks like a few Hull fans will get a bargain out of Warrington's demise.

Funny how it now comes out that Wire fans don't actually give a toss about the CC Final. Wonder why they bought tickets for it then? Do you think they were forced to at gunpoint?

I trust as a Leigh fan you'll be supporting Hull FC, and probably questioning how Wigan fans magically buy tens of thousands of final tickets on the disappointing semi final sales.

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I trust as a Leigh fan you'll be supporting Hull FC, and probably questioning how Wigan fans magically buy tens of thousands of final tickets on the disappointing semi final sales.

Hard times, you have to pick and choose your matches.  ;)

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

It must have been so expensive to get over to Leigh...give up Padge, the high cost argument doesn't explain Wigans poor support.

True fans cannot afford to pick and choose their games, they have to be there to see and support their team at all costs. If you don't go when they are winning what chance is there that you will be there when they start losing.

#7 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

It must have been so expensive to get over to Leigh...give up Padge, the high cost argument doesn't explain Wigans poor support.

True fans cannot afford to pick and choose their games, they have to be there to see and support their team at all costs. If you don't go when they are winning what chance is there that you will be there when they start losing.

Rubbish - There is no way I and no doubt many others can get to many games these days, instead I'm always aware when a match is on and try and follow it by whatever method possible. That includes listening to games in Hungary, the USA and Hong Kong at times.

Attend - No

Care - Yes

We don't all live round the corner from our clubs ground these days.

#8 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Garbage - I agree with you, haven't lived in Hull for 38 years spread between Kent, Hampshire, Birmingham and now South Wales. Retained a season ticket and get to at least 8 games a year.

My gripe is the bigging up of the Wigan support and then their failure to get the majority of their home based

#9 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Supporters to travel across the road to a semi in Leigh....only joshing.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm sorry get a grip.

Surely you must have some idea of how much it costs to support a sports team. I support my club massively, I've missed 1 home game this season and been to numerous away games despite us getting beaten in the majority and knowing this is likely to be the case before I step on the coach. But I can totally sympathise fans not being able to afford to get to games.

Let's say there is 4 games a month, 2 at home and 2 away. 15 quid to get in each game (I'm talking for Barrow here obviously different prices for other clubs) That's 60 quid on the gate for a start. At the home games let's say you buy food and a drink that's £10 more. The coach costs £15 each away game that's £30 quid extra each month. Then you get food and drink on the away games and other things like guess the score raffle tickets ect you are looking at at least £20 each trip that's £40.

So for a lone adult you are looking at a minimum of a £130 a month just to follow their side (you have no idea how generous I've been with my figures either, the numbers I've put are literally pretty much a minimum spend) Over an 8 month season that's just over a grand a year just for watching their side.

As I say my figures are pretty much minimum and even then it still adds up to £1000. You need to accept that people just don't have £1000's to put aside to follow their team everywhere, and certainly you can't criticise them for it.

#11 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

This was a cup semi final with no travel costs.

As a minimum wage worker with no benefits I appreciate how hard it is to follow your team but to argue that you chose to miss the semi final ...what if they had lost?

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

This was a cup semi final with no travel costs.

As a minimum wage worker with no benefits I appreciate how hard it is to follow your team but to argue that you chose to miss the semi final ...what if they had lost?

For a family of four it would of cost 50 quid to watch the semi final. Some people just don't have that money spare to watch a sporting event.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Wigan's support in the Challenge cup Semi Final will have been better than any of the other semi finalists. Sure they had less distance to go, but they also had a pretty unattractive game to pay for.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Supporters to travel across the road to a semi in Leigh....only joshing.

Trying to work out if that was intentional or not, if so, it was impressive.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Trying to work out if that was intentional or not, if so, it was impressive.

I haven't seen it myself but from what I can gather Josh's semi wasn't very impressive.

rldfsignature.jpg

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Oh FFS didn't you see the winking smiley. I despair.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

What is a winkey smiling? Another Wigan special perhaps.

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

He's from east Hull Padge, forgive him his sins.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users