RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Operational Rules

Operational Rules

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

At last nights AGM The Pennine league committee have asked all their Clubs & District Leagues to have a look at the proposed RFL operational rules and go through them with a fine tooth comb before reporting back to the Pennine League Committee at a meeting in the near future.

IMO this is a better way of deciding whether to accept the operational rules or not than getting a recommendation from a committee.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

The NW Mens league clubs were asked to do the same....
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#3 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

At last nights AGM The Pennine league committee have asked all their Clubs & District Leagues to have a look at the proposed RFL operational rules and go through them with a fine tooth comb before reporting back to the Pennine League Committee at a meeting in the near future.

IMO this is a better way of deciding whether to accept the operational rules or not than getting a recommendation from a committee.

This letter from BARLA dropped in my inbox yesterday accompanied by a draft copy of the proposed operational rules;

"Dear club secretary,

Proposed RFL Operational rules 2013 draft

Please find with this letter a copy of the latest draft of the; “proposed RFL Operational rules” which BARLA are now in a position to share with all its affiliated clubs and are looking for the view of the clubs and any concerns that they may have on this matter.

Please take time to carefully read the proposed operational rules and any concerns your club may have, BARLA would be grateful if you could forward to your District or regional league, who in turn will convey these to BARLA. It is important that you read the proposed rules fully and carefully, noting any concerns that your club may have, this is crucial as it is you as a club that will be playing under the rules if accepted.

It is a matter of urgency that this issue is dealt with and any concerns that you as a club may have, be taken to your District or regional league as soon as possible, who in turn will forward them to BARLA for collation. This will assist the association in a final decision on the matter which will then be given to the RFL Community Board.

On behalf of BARLA may I thank you in advance for your assistance",

In my opinion this seems to make reasonable sense for BARLA to be influenced by the players, clubs and leagues in making the decision whether or not to accept these rules. After all, it is the people who will be affected most by them

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

What happens if BARLA don't accept them?

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Just a thought why don't we have two representatives from each fixture organising league to meet and collectively work through the draft rules and put a co-ordinated response back to the RFL rather than treat this on a individual league basis ?

It would take just one evening or an afternoon to trawl through we would then be addressing this as one sport driven by the leagues as a co-operative .

#6 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I am not a solicitor so I dont have the knowledge to fully understand all the legal jargon but I have just read through the document as I see it, all amateur clubs need to read and digest the contents. I  honestly think that if we ( the unpaid players and officials ) sign up to this it is the end of the AMATEUR game as we have known it for many years. I sincerely hope I am wrong.  

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Do all amateur players (Including BARLA) now sign the same signing on document throughout the game, because I suppose you have to be careful of this rule within the draft operational rules and what if like us who are a BARLA club playing in the traditional season but also have a few players who will go and play during the summer.

C1:3:1 A player shall be bound by the operational rules upon the signing of an RFL official Registration form.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Just a thought why don't we have two representatives from each fixture organising league to meet and collectively work through the draft rules and put a co-ordinated response back to the RFL rather than treat this on a individual league basis ?

It would take just one evening or an afternoon to trawl through we would then be addressing this as one sport driven by the leagues as a co-operative .

That's a cracking idea.

#9 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

I am not a solicitor so I dont have the knowledge to fully understand all the legal jargon but I have just read through the document as I see it, all amateur clubs need to read and digest the contents. I honestly think that if we ( the unpaid players and officials ) sign up to this it is the end of the AMATEUR game as we have known it for many years. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Please explain why you think that. What is it in the OR which will end the amateur game as we know it ?

#10 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Please explain why you think that. What is it in the OR which will end the amateur game as we know it ?

Two things that worry me with that question...............

Firstly, you have either not read the Operational rules and have no comprehension of the implications to the amateur game............

Or you are on the payroll!

I've done my part like many others by taking the time to sift through 30 odd pages and highlight the areas of concern.

If you think it is a sound document, then thats your perogative, but I doubt I could ever take anything you write on here again seriously if that is the case.

#11 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Neither. Sorry to disappoint. Other than screaming that the OR are the end of civilisation as we know it, please clarify what it is YOU think specifically is wrong and everyone else should worry about.

Otherwise some might allege that your lack of clarity is deliberate in an effort to cloud the issues and cause confusion, in order to provide a convenient vehicle for your own agenda for the future of the NWC?

#12 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Neither. Sorry to disappoint. Other than screaming that the OR are the end of civilisation as we know it, please clarify what it is YOU think specifically is wrong and everyone else should worry about.

Otherwise some might allege that your lack of clarity is deliberate in an effort to cloud the issues and cause confusion, in order to provide a convenient vehicle for your own agenda for the future of the NWC?

I have clarified what I think areas for concern through the appropriate channels.

My agenda?........seeing as you are so well informed, what is "My agenda" as you put it?

#13 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I have clarified what I think areas for concern through the appropriate channels.

My agenda?........seeing as you are so well informed, what is "My agenda" as you put it?

Dunno. That's why I'm asking you to tell us. Same way as that room full of people you'll be wanting to win over, will want to know.

You see I'm an amateur volunteer. You seem to class yourself as an "activist". Subtle difference but one seems to lend itself to getting on with it, the other with politics. Which are you?

#14 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Dunno. That's why I'm asking you to tell us. Same way as that room full of people you'll be wanting to win over, will want to know.

You see I'm an amateur volunteer. You seem to class yourself as an "activist". Subtle difference but one seems to lend itself to getting on with it, the other with politics. Which are you?

Keep up.........the "Activist" remark was tongue in cheek in relation to something somebody said/wrote not so long ago, like everybody else I am a volunteer.

My agenda........does'nt incorporate satisfying your own personal curiosity via this forum and given the importance of the situation is never going too.

#15 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

For those of us involved with clubs playing in summer leagues does this basically mean the Barla leagues go to same operational rules? Why does this mean that you need to call Batman to save 'amateur' rl? If that meant that some of the petty restrictions were lifted and we had one governing body for the whole sport would that necessarily be a bad thing?

Do non-existing leagues such as the famed Carlisle ARL get a vote???

Edited by nec, 05 August 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Your club have had the Operational Rules for nearly a week and you've not seen them yet ?

Our little pub team gave the 32 page document to all seven members of our committee to chew over and their findings will be examined this Thursday, the district committee are meeting this Wednesday to chew the document over as well.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

For those of us involved with clubs playing in summer leagues does this basically mean the Barla leagues go to same operational rules? Why does this mean that you need to call Batman to save 'amateur' rl? If that meant that some of the petty restrictions were lifted and we had one governing body for the whole sport would that necessarily be a bad thing?

Do non-existing leagues such as the famed Carlisle ARL get a vote???

Maybe you can get the famed (On paper) RLC teams to join the Carlisle league - Just a thought with them having so much in common.

#18 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Maybe you can get the famed (On paper) RLC teams to join the Carlisle league - Just a thought with them having so much in common.

Have you got sufficient blazer badges?

Seriously, what is the issue with these proposed rules? Is it that you would lose 'control'? Is it the way the rfl are introducing them? Is it simply distrust? To standardise the rules for all non-professional leagues seems a blindingly obvious move, to have it done by the governing body is again obvious. What am I missing?
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#19 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Have you got sufficient blazer badges?

Seriously, what is the issue with these proposed rules? Is it that you would lose 'control'? Is it the way the rfl are introducing them? Is it simply distrust? To standardise the rules for all non-professional leagues seems a blindingly obvious move, to have it done by the governing body is again obvious. What am I missing?

Given your opening statement would I be correct in thinking you have a copy of the Operational Rules and have read them?

#20 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Given your opening statement would I be correct in thinking you have a copy of the Operational Rules and have read them?

if they are the same ones that the north east league are operating under this season then yes I have seen them and saw nothing wildly controversial. If they are new to ALL clubs in the last month then no I haven't as my 3 month old daughter has taken up my time recently. That was why I asked the question...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users