Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Operational Rules

Operational Rules

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

So effectively dual registration could still be brought in as a competition rule rather than an operational rule if its not accepted by all?

And that's the part I think your not grasping, If the majority of leagues, and Clubs!!, don't want it then it will be removed and just inserted as a competition rule to the leagues that are happy to run with it.

That also goes for the other rules you think are detrimental to the running of a club or league. majority rules in any given democracy so rather than keep complaining put it down in writing to the league, I know you don't need to say, and copy Mr Gent and myself in if you so wish, and it will get discussed and appropriate re writing done if that is the wish of all.

Hopefully, as taxi has suggested, a meeting of the head of all leagues will take place sometime at the beginning of September. Then if common sense prevails they should be able to recommend the proposed OR, with changes agreed, to their member clubs in their leagues.

#42 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

And that's the part I think your not grasping, If the majority of leagues, and Clubs!!, don't want it then it will be removed and just inserted as a competition rule to the leagues that are happy to run with it.

That also goes for the other rules you think are detrimental to the running of a club or league. majority rules in any given democracy so rather than keep complaining put it down in writing to the league, I know you don't need to say, and copy Mr Gent and myself in if you so wish, and it will get discussed and appropriate re writing done if that is the wish of all.

Hopefully, as taxi has suggested, a meeting of the head of all leagues will take place sometime at the beginning of September. Then if common sense prevails they should be able to recommend the proposed OR, with changes agreed, to their member clubs in their leagues.

Stuart

You will have to excuse me but I'm a little confused as to what official position, capacity or apparent negotiating entity you hold in any of this and why you suggest I should copy you in on correspondence I may submit to the Management Group of a Regional League or an RFL employee relating to this matter?

#43 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Jason, I'm still an active member of the regulatory group, which is a higher capacity than most when it comes to discussing Operational rules.

Now with all your knowledge and information i would of thought you knew that

#44 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Jason, I'm still an active member of the regulatory group, which is a higher capacity than most when it comes to discussing Operational rules.

Now with all your knowledge and information i would of thought you knew that

The Community Regulatory Group meets twice a year and is made up of representatives from the Community Game.

The group is a committee of experienced adminstrators who make decisions concerning regulatory issues.

Just out of curiosity........outside of your previous role as Youth & Junior Rep for BARLA, what other official positions have you held or currently hold that qualify you to sit on the regulatory group?

Its a genuine question?

Edited by LordCharles, 05 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#45 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Or did they direct to clubs with level 2 or level 3 coaches?A

All our coaches where qualified and CRB checked with one at level 1, and three at level 2 at the time.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#46 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Nec where have you drawn your reference from please as I have not seen those details before?

Below is a extract taken from the draft operational rules totally different as you can see , so given the importance of the recommendation from the coroner you would have thought the RFL would have gone into more detail ?

B2:10 MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
B2:10:1 Each Club shall endeavour to ensure that a registered and practicing qualified first aider, (holding such qualifications as the RFL may direct from time to time), shall be present at every Match.
B2:10:2 Such first aider shall make themselves known to the Match Official before the start of any Match and shall remain for a minimum of 15 minutes after the end of the Game and shall speak directly with a designated Official from both Clubs, if necessary, to ensure that the correct reporting paperwork is completed.
B2:10:3 In the event of any serious injuries or accidents on the field of play, it is the Club’s responsibility to complete and return any accident/injury report form to the RFL within seven days of the said incident, with a copy to the relevant Competition Administrator.
B2:10.4 Each Club must register any medical officials, required under the terms of its annual entry criteria, at the beginning of each Season. If there are any additions made during the Season the club must inform the RFL of the names, addresses and qualifications as requested on the Registration Form. In addition each Club must record the names of the medical officials who attend each Match in such format as the RFL/Management Group shall require from time to time.

#47 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Jason, again you are incorrect the regulatory group meet a minimum twice a year and have met more than twice this year and a couple more meetings booked before Christmas.

Why the genuine question if you are not going to try and use it against me?

I'm not playing your games Jason the offer is there if you don't want to use it don't either way come September I will be sat at the Regulatory table probably discussion the written recommendations from leagues managements

#48 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

Jason, again you are incorrect the regulatory group meet a minimum twice a year and have met more than twice this year and a couple more meetings booked before Christmas.

Why the genuine question if you are not going to try and use it against me?

I'm not playing your games Jason the offer is there if you don't want to use it don't either way come September I will be sat at the Regulatory table probably discussion the written recommendations from leagues managements

The quote is taken from the RFL's website regarding the Regulatory Group, so perhaps they need to update it.

I'm not using anything against anyone and its not a game, its a straight question to establish how you qualify to sit on the regulatory group, given you don't hold a position in any official capacity within the sport?

#49 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Jerry ,Jerry .

Leigh East are holding a boxing charity night in November and I am putting you two forward as an extra bout.

#50 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm that Round Mick ill just bounce back up if knocked over :P

#51 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Seddy is now thinking, if, does he not mean when ?

#52 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Actually I'm wondering when I'll get an answer to my last question?

Or will it be the old RFL tactic of..........if we don't answer they'll forget and we'll just carry on regardless!

#53 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Anyway back on topic I think Rooney will sign for Chelsea.

#54 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

All our coaches where qualified and CRB checked with one at level 1, and three at level 2 at the time.

No aspersions intended, you hadn't said it was Moorends

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#55 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Nec where have you drawn your reference from please as I have not seen those details before?

Below is a extract taken from the draft operational rules totally different as you can see , so given the importance of the recommendation from the coroner you would have thought the RFL would have gone into more detail ?

http://www.therfl.co...egulatory_group

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#56 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

And I've said Jason I'm not playing your games.

#57 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Keep up.........the "Activist" remark was tongue in cheek in relation to something somebody said/wrote not so long ago, like everybody else I am a volunteer.

My agenda........does'nt incorporate satisfying your own personal curiosity via this forum and given the importance of the situation is never going too.

And yet again you fail to grasp an opportunity to make your position clear.

You spout lots of innuendo, question others' motives or credibility and still cannot explain your position. You say that you've put your requests through the proper channels but didn't you get rebuffed at the NWC meeting because the email submitted requesting an EGM was met with confirmation the constitution would require you to have 30% of the NWC club secretary's to sign.

How many have you got?

Not my personal curiosity. You say a lot on here. What are you actually doing and what is it you don't like about the OR?

Or are you just hoping that people won't ask you to provide detail when you use these "issues" to pursue your agenda with NWC management ?

#58 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

No aspersions intended, you hadn't said it was Moorends

I didn't want to stir any poo, the clubs in the district get along fine at the moment

#59 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

You spout lots of innuendo, question others' motives or credibility and still cannot explain your position. You say that you've put your requests through the proper channels but didn't you get rebuffed at the NWC meeting because the email submitted requesting an EGM was met with confirmation the constitution would require you to have 30% of the NWC club secretary's to sign.

How many have you got?

Not my personal curiosity. You say a lot on here. What are you actually doing and what is it you don't like about the OR?

Or are you just hoping that people won't ask you to provide detail when you use these "issues" to pursue your agenda with NWC management ?

Didn't the NCL initially vote 100% against going summer?

Maybe if he says to much the RFL will send their heavy gang round to clubs thinking about moving back to winter.

Edited by Marauder, 05 August 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#60 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

And I've said Jason I'm not playing your games.

So you can't answer my question?

How many have you got?

You will find that it was Wigan St Judes who submitted the "vote of no confidence".........not me!

Although I am in favour of it.

Everything else will be taken care of at the relevant EGM ;)

Edited by LordCharles, 05 August 2013 - 10:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users