Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Operational Rules

Operational Rules

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#121 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

[quote name="tim2" post="2763391" timestamp="1375966580"]

Same for us - we lost 3 players recently for an away game and ended up with only 11 as the kick-off was brought forward to 1.30 and they couldn't get there in time. You can't ask people to miss work to play rugby.[/quot

What about 15,16 and 17 ?

#122 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Quite possibly but I haven't read all your posts and I just put it better! Perhaps if everyone took a step back and took a deep breathe they would realise there actually isn't that much dividing the two sides.

Just for the record I'm a new member and can honestly say I haven't got a clue who any of the posters are on this forum or what their stance is on various things but it is obviously an important issue that will no doubt continue to be discussed.

#123 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

You would have us believe that we are following the professionals into what has been a successfully switch with them moving into a summer base competition, isn't the pro game struggling ?

Reference the juniors, isn't it somewhere in the region of 35 , 16 to 18 year old teams that have folded over the last 18 months with them being busy with their exams and their first year of freedom so to speak,

And the trouble with juniors they have a habit of becoming open age players and will no doubt be faced with all the distraction that has seen a loss in player availability during peak summer months now.

Summer is a good concept for those wanting to play in summer, summer rugby has been around for a long time and if it was suitable for the masses then surly more teams would have taken it up years ago.

However only time will tell

Edited by sbull, 08 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#124 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,311 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Same for us - we lost 3 players recently for an away game and ended up with only 11 as the kick-off was brought forward to 1.30 and they couldn't get there in time. You can't ask people to miss work to play rugby.[/quot

What about 15,16 and 17 ?

That particular week a perfect storm of holidays, stag do and some going back to Union. It was the last game in a tough season where we lost all but one game. Most other weeks we had a full complement. We still went, though.

Edited by tim2, 08 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#125 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

That particular week a perfect storm of holidays, stag do and some going back to Union. It was the last game in a tough season where we lost all but one game. Most other weeks we had a full complement. We still went, though.

Hats off to your lads Tim for completing what sounds like a trying - though not too many of them for - season. Seriously though mate there are a thousand and one pitfalls with trying to run a successful summer season while the winter game has one which can quite easily be avoided.

Best of luck for the future

#126 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

You would have us believe that we are following the professionals into what has been a successfully switch with them moving into a summer base competition, isn't the pro game struggling ?
Reference the juniors, isn't it somewhere in the region of 35 , 16 to 18 year old teams that have folded over the last 18 months with them being busy with their exams and their first year of freedom so to speak,
And the trouble with juniors they have a habit of becoming open age players and will no doubt be faced with all the distraction that has seen a loss in player availability during peak summer months now.
Summer is a good concept for those wanting to play in summer, summer rugby has been around for a long time and if it was suitable for the masses then surly more teams would have taken it up years ago.
However only time will tell

I've yet to have any of our youth team players approach me and say they would be happy to forgo the delights of women and beer if we switched back to winter. From what I have seen those youth teams still playing in winter leagues are suffering as much as those in summer based leagues.

#127 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I've yet to have any of our youth team players approach me and say they would be happy to forgo the delights of women and beer if we switched back to winter. From what I have seen those youth teams still playing in winter leagues are suffering as much as those in summer based leagues.

And what have you seen young man

#128 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Er teams in winter based youth leagues ( such as the Yorkshire Combination Youth League) struggling to fulfill fixtures because they can't raise a team.

#129 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Quite possibly but I haven't read all your posts and I just put it better! Perhaps if everyone took a step back and took a deep breathe they would realise there actually isn't that much dividing the two sides.

Just for the record I'm a new member and can honestly say I haven't got a clue who any of the posters are on this forum or what their stance is on various things but it is obviously an important issue that will no doubt continue to be discussed.

I will let you off whilst your a newbie ??????????

But you should read what other posters post it saves time .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 08 August 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#130 Gar

Gar
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Don't think so you've posted 2269 times!

#131 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Not all on the same topic though my little newbie

#132 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Newbie :ph34r: Call me bad minded.

Anyone else noticed a new glut of pro summer  members since the last lot took their teddy's home.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#133 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Your just a demented crusader :girlwerewolf:

#134 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Newbie :ph34r: Call me bad minded.

OK, you are bad minded.    

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#135 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hey can you not go back onto your beloved NCL topic and leave us amateur activists alone or are you missing us Mr B ?

#136 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

No, this is a 'proper topic' with ideas, discussion, opinion, argument, etc. Apart from a few sniping posts it is a very good read.

#137 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

The clue was in " our little mob "

Still no clearer. Your club or NWC?

#138 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

NWC Juniors.

#139 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Newbie :ph34r: Call me bad minded.

Anyone else noticed a new glut of pro summer members since the last lot took their teddy's home.

#140 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

OK, you are bad minded.    

Kept me alive on many occasions

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users