Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Game.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

6-6 try by Brown

#22 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

10-6 Rams;try by Pryce

#23 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

10-6 half time

#24 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Didn't think after first 30 mins we'd go in leading. All that ball and nothing to show for it. alot for GM to work on at ht and in training.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#25 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Try by Scott,14-6 to Rams

#26 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

14-12 now

#27 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

20-12 Brown try

#28 dunno much

dunno much
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

20-12

#29 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

20-16

#30 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

20-16 full time

#31 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Think we will just shade it, all the teams are pretty good in CC.
Rams 20 Hunslet 16
Expect another nail biting finish where we could lose right to the end.

Well finally got one prediction right. There are no poor teams this year and Hunslet could have won, but we need to show more composure. Morton seems vulnerable to dummies, twice in last two games he has been dummies leading to a try and the offload near the end when he didnt need to and when he made the break to nearly score again should have held on. He runs the ball out very well, but think Craven should be given a chance at FB and Morton on the wing.

Aizue strange choice for MOM but then it was selected by Abba! Kicked well today, could easily had a few more tries, Pryce took his try very well and great to see Aaron Brown back, real try scorer, 8 in 15 games a very impressive strike rate.

Well we are safe now and it's three out of Workington, Whitehaven, Doncaster and us for the play offs, which would be a great achievement give all the injuries we have had and with a new team and coaches. Well done to the squad and the coaches on avoiding catastrophic relegation, now for the Top 8.

#32 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Well finally got one prediction right. There are no poor teams this year and Hunslet could have won, but we need to show more composure. Morton seems vulnerable to dummies, twice in last two games he has been dummies leading to a try and the offload near the end when he didnt need to and when he made the break to nearly score again should have held on. He runs the ball out very well, but think Craven should be given a chance at FB and Morton on the wing.

Aizue strange choice for MOM but then it was selected by Abba! Kicked well today, could easily had a few more tries, Pryce took his try very well and great to see Aaron Brown back, real try scorer, 8 in 15 games a very impressive strike rate.

Well we are safe now and it's three out of Workington, Whitehaven, Doncaster and us for the play offs, which would be a great achievement give all the injuries we have had and with a new team and coaches. Well done to the squad and the coaches on avoiding catastrophic relegation, now for the Top 8.

Apart from the Halifax game, all our recent home games have been close and could well have ended in defeat. The Rams have scraped through to safety from relegation. Today's game was tight affair . The referee  allowed  David March to ref the game for him at times , which itself could have cost The Rams. I sometimes don't know what to make of The Rams. They appear a poor lot at times, but sometimes they appear to have a bit of guile about them.

#33 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

If we can we will find the hardest way to win games! We are safe from relegation hopefully see some playoff rugby. How did Aizue get MoM?????? 

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

If we can we will find the hardest way to win games! We are safe from relegation hopefully see some playoff rugby. How did Aizue get MoM?????? 

Should have been O'Brien - he has been the difference between us avoiding relegation and staring down the barrel this season. O'Brien for us and Keinhorst for the hawks were the two with obvious SL pedigree. Hope we get him next year, but I reckon he will kick on and become a Bulls regular.

#35 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

How any rams fan can comment on the ref is beyond me, nearly all of his strange calls went with you.
Hawks "knock on" in goal, ref gives you a scrum 10 - should be a drop out
You knock on in goal trying to score, ref gives play on - should be a tap 20
Ref forces Hunslet to make a sub for blood on players shirt - correct call is allow the player to be seen to on the pitch. (Its only if a cut carries on bleeding after the physo has 1 attempt that you have to leave the pitch)
You lose the ball after the tackle was complete, ref gives play on and signals it went backwards - correct call is a knock on
You knock on from kick off (well I say knock on, it clearly went backwards but was no different to Kain's for Hunslet in point 1) you then pick the ball up whilst clearly stood on the dead ball line, ref gives play on - correct call is drop out
You run behind you own man in attack causing a clear obstruction so much so that your player (brown I think) stopped playing and looked like he was ready to hand the ball over, ref gives play on. - correct call penalty
Hunslet kick on the last, hits your player on the head (ref wrongly gives back to 1), Hunslet pick up the ball and offloads whilst been tackled, ref than blows up whilst the ball was still live and gives hand over after speaking to touch judge - correct call is play on or a penalty if the touch judges is saying that the player that picked up the ball was offside.

Only 1 that I can think of that went against you was Kain's knock on the second half that the ref said went backwards - correct call was knock on.
Probably a few other small ones (for both teams) that I've forgotten about but the biggest question has to be which smart person at the rfl picked such a young inexperienced ref for what was likely going to be a tight local derby.

As for the actual game, Hunslet where never going to win when they thought the had to score of every play in the first half, this was thankfully fixed up in the second half but spending 75% of the first half defending was always going to take it's toll. Haven't seen much of you this year, but fairly surprised you're so far ahead of Hunslet in the league given you had all the good ball in the first half and only came up with 2 very late tries.

#36 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

How any rams fan can comment on the ref is beyond me, nearly all of his strange calls went with you.
Ref forces Hunslet to make a sub for blood on players shirt - correct call is allow the player to be seen to on the pitch. (Its only if a cut carries on bleeding after the physo has 1 attempt that you have to leave the pitch)
You lose the ball after the tackle was complete, ref gives play on and signals it went backwards - correct call is a knock on
You knock on from kick off (well I say knock on, it clearly went backwards but was no different to Kain's for Hunslet in point 1) you then pick the ball up whilst clearly stood on the dead ball line, ref gives play on - correct call is drop out
You run behind you own man in attack causing a clear obstruction so much so that your player (brown I think) stopped playing and looked like he was ready to hand the ball over, ref gives play on. - correct call penalty
Hunslet kick on the last, hits your player on the head (ref wrongly gives back to 1), Hunslet pick up the ball and offloads whilst been tackled, ref than blows up whilst the ball was still live and gives hand over after speaking to touch judge - correct call is play on or a penalty if the touch judges is saying that the player that picked up the ball was offside.

Only 1 that I can think of that went against you was Kain's knock on the second half that the ref said went backwards - correct call was knock on.
Probably a few other small ones (for both teams) that I've forgotten about but the biggest question has to be which smart person at the rfl picked such a young inexperienced ref for what was likely going to be a tight local derby.

As for the actual game, Hunslet where never going to win when they thought the had to score of every play in the first half, this was thankfully fixed up in the second half but spending 75% of the first half defending was always going to take it's toll. Haven't seen much of you this year, but fairly surprised you're so far ahead of Hunslet in the league given you had all the good ball in the first half and only came up with 2 very late tries.

I thought David March was reffing the game and not a ''young inexperienced ref''  LOL

#37 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ref wasn't the best but I've seen much worse. He did miss Morton tackled in midair,Pryce knocking on and waving play on and March messing about in the tackle. Refs miss things like players make mistakes plenty from both today.
Credit to Hunslet though they tackled well just lacked a cutting edge.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#38 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Should have been O'Brien - he has been the difference between us avoiding relegation and staring down the barrel this season. O'Brien for us and Keinhorst for the hawks were the two with obvious SL pedigree. Hope we get him next year, but I reckon he will kick on and become a Bulls regular.

yes o'brien was good and hope we can get him next year, but for me brown was motm by a country mile, good to see him back and something we have missed for sure

#39 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

And maybe the ref should have penalised Hunslet more for the deliberate lying on at the PTB, they certainly laid on more than the Rams. And Hunslet were "very" quick off the line, a bit too quick but think you only get penalised once for offside. And tries apart the Rams got over the line 2-3 times in the first half and Hunslet's only try was an intercept. But you're right there's not much between the teams, we have just managed to shade a few more games than Hunslet and it could have gone either way. There isn't much between the bottom nine sides.

But to blame the ref for the defeat is an easy excuse. Your kicking game was poor, March is still too intent on niggling rather than playing, the Coyles at half back are okay but didn't really ask that many questions and yes Hunslet were under the cosh for a lot of the first half and hung on, but the late tries were off the back of a lot of defending. The margins are small but you are not where you are after 21 games due to referees.

#40 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Where have i blamed the ref for hunslet losing? we lost because of being stupid in the first half, I was merely pointing out the Strange calls from the ref after one of your fans claimed March was Reffing the game.