Hunslet Game.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Where have i blamed the ref for hunslet losing? we lost because of being stupid in the first half, I was merely pointing out the Strange calls from the ref after one of your fans claimed March was Reffing the game.

March referees every game...............................................

I heard a rumour that Premier Sports accidently mic,ed him up instead of the ref.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#42 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

"Hawks "knock on" in goal, ref gives you a scrum 10 - should be a drop out"

That was actually accidental offside in the in goal and the correct restart was as the ref had it, scrum on the 10.

#43 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

"Hawks "knock on" in goal, ref gives you a scrum 10 - should be a drop out"

That was actually accidental offside in the in goal and the correct restart was as the ref had it, scrum on the 10.

1. the same player who dropped it picked it up and 2. You can't be offside in your own in goal.

#44 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Looked like a different player to me. And I think you can but the restart is a scrum not a penalty. Never heard of your blood bin rule either but I'll find out out of interest.

#45 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

You're right on the offside in goal. Can't find anything mentioning allowing a bleeding player treatment so have asked a ref :)

#46 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

No you can't be offside.

Not sure its a set rule but its certainly the guide line which is used.

#47 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Where have i blamed the ref for hunslet losing? we lost because of being stupid in the first half, I was merely pointing out the Strange calls from the ref after one of your fans claimed March was Reffing the game.

no, you lost because your team was poor. Only one team in it for me. Dewsbury had all the field position and eventually made it pay.

The key moment was your full backs "knock on". Dewsbury were just starting to gain the upper hand and it gave Hunslet some incentive to score from that set. Dewsbury lost a bit of confidence and when Dewsbury forced Keinhorst into touch conceding a penalty when the ref hadn't called held, Hunslet again scored from that set.

I was impressed how the Rams got back into the game but Hunslet were lucky to be within 4 points.

#48 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Regarding performances Gallagher played very well and Nash tooh  a bit of Hammer.To be fair to Hunslet.They played some good stuff and i cant believe their fighting for survival.

#49 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

I felt Dewsbury controlled the game, but seemed to hold back. When we scored the first try of the second half I thought we might "cut loose", but when we didn't it was as though someone had told the team to keep Hunslet in t.he game. I also thought the er, "up and coming" referee, Joe Cobb, made a good number of mistakes, but I'm sure he will improve. As a pointer we only have to look at messrs Hicks and Roby to see progress don't we!

How we have missed Brown over the last, innumerable (it seems) few weeks showed yesterday.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#50 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

yes o'brien was good and hope we can get him next year, but for me brown was motm by a country mile, good to see him back and something we have missed for sure

Agree Brown had a good game, but think about it - up to the introduction of Aizue and O'Brien, we huffed and puffed, ran backwards and round in circles and looked ineffective. Those two immediately gave us go forward, quick play the ball and real threat. When O'Brien runs from dummy half he causes problems (which is helped by forwards getting over the gain line and playing the ball quickly) and scores and makes tries - Bentley doesn't have the same threat. O'Brien has been the stand out player for me so far this season and that's from somebody who doesn't agree with DR. Would love it if he and Wright were the interchanges next year, but I reckon we are likely to see more of Diskin.

#51 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I thought that Gallagher was very influential and we had Brown to thank for having the nous to follow his rampages. Our other star halves haven't seemed to understand this requirement yet. In fact, to offer maybe unwelcome criticism, I still wonder just what it is that justifies Hyde's place in the team whenever fit. It can't be favouritism surely?

Another gripe that I have to get off my chest is why is GM the only person that I know who thinks that playing Craven on the wing and Morton at full back a good idea. Morton is a good wingman but not a good full back, and vice versa with Craven who is wasted on the wing. Craven was voted an outstanding full back in our division last year, yet GM says he isn't a full back - clearly he knows better and what we believe we are seeing is simply a figment of our collective imaginations. it's a nonsense and GM's stubbornness in continuing with this switch in position isn't improving the fans' love and respect for him one iota. Sometimes you have to admit that you are wrong about something.

Overall the performance was OK with a couple of outstanding contributions. The ref made some mistakes that might have been crucial but nothing like as many as the players made; he will learn and improve, lets' just hope they will too.

Finally, does anyone know why Schofield wasn't playing?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#52 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

I thought that Gallagher was very influential and we had Brown to thank for having the nous to follow his rampages. Our other star halves haven't seemed to understand this requirement yet. In fact, to offer maybe unwelcome criticism, I still wonder just what it is that justifies Hyde's place in the team whenever fit. It can't be favouritism surely?

Another gripe that I have to get off my chest is why is GM the only person that I know who thinks that playing Craven on the wing and Morton at full back a good idea. Morton is a good wingman but not a good full back, and vice versa with Craven who is wasted on the wing. Craven was voted an outstanding full back in our division last year, yet GM says he isn't a full back - clearly he knows better and what we believe we are seeing is simply a figment of our collective imaginations. it's a nonsense and GM's stubbornness in continuing with this switch in position isn't improving the fans' love and respect for him one iota. Sometimes you have to admit that you are wrong about something.

Overall the performance was OK with a couple of outstanding contributions. The ref made some mistakes that might have been crucial but nothing like as many as the players made; he will learn and improve, lets' just hope they will too.

Finally, does anyone know why Schofield wasn't playing?

GM has a past record of dropping people when they haven't played particularly badly - I suppose he would claim the end justified the means, and of course it lends credence to the policy of squad rotation (tell that to Akaidere). Can't understand why JS has re-signed though - got to be more of the same next year.

#53 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

no, you lost because your team was poor. Only one team in it for me. Dewsbury had all the field position and eventually made it pay.

The key moment was your full backs "knock on". Dewsbury were just starting to gain the upper hand and it gave Hunslet some incentive to score from that set. Dewsbury lost a bit of confidence and when Dewsbury forced Keinhorst into touch conceding a penalty when the ref hadn't called held, Hunslet again scored from that set.

I was impressed how the Rams got back into the game but Hunslet were lucky to be within 4 points.

yeah Hunslet who have 11 bonus points, a points difference better than 5/6 teams above them were lucky to be so close to the superstars of Dewsbury...

Hunslet issue hasn't been letting in points or not staying the battle its been keeping hold of the ball. Hunslet's completion rate in the first half will have been 30/35 Max, hence why you had all the ball & why Hunslet looked tired at the end of the game. Second half when this was fixed up, I can only recall 1 knock on so completion will have been 90+, the game came towards Hunslet, they just left themselves with to much to do.

#54 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Got to agree with BSJ Craven should be at fullback, Gallagher had one of his best games so far this season.

Brown could have had 4 tries if only.........but good effort from him he looked completely knackered at the end.

A good win in the end

#55 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

One thing with JSchofield is his defence is weak and whilst he can create tries, his defence and attempts to throw ambitious passes and go for interceptions costs tries as well. Hyde is solid and an organiser who does not do a lot wrong. Schofield just needs to not try too hard, it's the c word again. Composure which is what experienced players have.

And James Craven has it as shown by how he dealt with the drop out at the end of the game whereas Morton let the ball go into touch for a 40/20 and threw out an unnecessary offload towards the end of the game. And threw a similar pass out against York which cost us a try. Hence why I think Morton should be on the wing and more composed Craven at FB.

But I'm not the coach.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 05 August 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#56 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

One thing with JSchofield is his defence is weak and whilst he can create tries, his defence and attempts to throw ambitious passes and go for interceptions costs tries as well. Hyde is solid and an organiser who does not do a lot wrong. Schofield just needs to not try too hard, it's the c word again. Composure which is what experienced players have.

And James Craven has it as shown by how he dealt with the drop out at the end of the game whereas Morton let the ball go into touch for a 40/20 and threw out an unnecessary offload towards the end of the game. And threw a similar pass out against York which cost us a try. Hence why I think Morton should be on the wing and more composed Craven at FB.

But I'm not the coach.

None of them are perfect and I agree that Schofield's defence could be better. Thankfully he wasn't playing yesterday or he might have thrown out an overambitious pass that could have led to an interception try........................oh, just a minute.

Hyde's kicking game is rubbish, he lacks any creativity and doesn't back up, but at least he's sound, so that's OK.

Nitpicking I know, but some players just get dropped more easily than others. Read my sig to understand my viewpoint.

:rtfm:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#57 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Agree with BSJ I can't work out the Craven Morton switch. Neither looks comfortable. As for Hyde I wouldn't even call him organized. He shuffles ball left and right offers little. Honestly I'd be disappointed to see him here next year. Is he the type of player that could help us catch up to the top 5 ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#58 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Anyone know how Pryce is ? Or when Lillycrop is back ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#59 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Ramite I spoke to Karl after the match outside the bailey bar and the words he said to me where "Am going to be all right". I think it was just a hard bump to the nogging as he looked fine after the match in the Royal suite. I've no news on Tom but he seemed in high spirits before and after the match.

#60 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Cheers Roger.

[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users