Hunslet Game.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ramite I spoke to Karl after the match outside the bailey bar and the words he said to me where "Am going to be all right". I think it was just a hard bump to the nogging as he looked fine after the match in the Royal suite. I've no news on Tom but he seemed in high spirits before and after the match.

Tom is always in high spirits when I talk to him.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#62 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

None of them are perfect and I agree that Schofield's defence could be better. Thankfully he wasn't playing yesterday or he might have thrown out an overambitious pass that could have led to an interception try........................oh, just a minute.

Hyde's kicking game is rubbish, he lacks any creativity and doesn't back up, but at least he's sound, so that's OK.

Nitpicking I know, but some players just get dropped more easily than others. Read my sig to understand my viewpoint.

:rtfm:

Yes - about that. Journeyman winger who's had more clubs than Tiger Woods, nippy enough but not exactly Martin Offiah, given five yards on the intercept and nobody got within a country mile of him. The same player, Mapals gave Morton ten yards when we played them at Hunslet and caught him with embarrassing ease Actually the only available player who seems to have the pace to run down opposition wingers is Keiron Hyde.

#63 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes - about that. Journeyman winger who's had more clubs than Tiger Woods, nippy enough but not exactly Martin Offiah, given five yards on the intercept and nobody got within a country mile of him. The same player, Mapals gave Morton ten yards when we played them at Hunslet and caught him with embarrassing ease Actually the only available player who seems to have the pace to run down opposition wingers is Keiron Hyde.

When was the last winger we had that had real pace?

#64 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Brynn could go the length, but your namesake was quick.

#65 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think the 2 we had in 2000 are the best I can remember. Ady Flynn and Richard Baker (from Hunslet!!).

Alex Godfrey wasn't slow either but allegedly he had something special in his diet.

#66 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,320 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Andy Ramsden.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#67 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

jeff yoward
Posted Image

#68 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

So who is there about that we could sign for next season (fast wingers wise).

#69 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Rob Worrincy. ? Batley have some quick backs. No idea if any are signed up.
I'd like to see two quality centres signed instead.

Edited by Ramite, 06 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#70 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

A few good past wingers have been mentioned.But for me nobody can touch or catch.

Eddie Rombo.I can remember his debut for dews.at scarborough pirates.

He scored two fantastic tries.what a  smile he had after that game and many others.

#71 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Rob Worrincy. ? Batley have some quick backs. No idea if any are signed up.
I'd like to see two quality centres signed instead.

Did'nt think the rams budget could stretch to that level of quality?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#72 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

A few good past wingers have been mentioned.But for me nobody can touch or catch

Eddie Rombo.I can remember his debut for dews.at scarborough pirates.

He scored two fantastic tries.what a  smile he had after that game and many others.

I remember watching that game on BSB in my local.

My brother said, i dont know why weve signed this leeds reject, and then he ran the length of the field for his first try and dragged 4 defenders over the line for his second (facts may have been embelished for dramatic impact)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#73 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I remember watching that game on BSB in my local.

My brother said, i dont know why weve signed this leeds reject, and then he ran the length of the field for his first try and dragged 4 defenders over the line for his second (facts may have been embelished for dramatic impact)

It was a great try.  

He also scored a fantastic try against Hunslet at Elland Road, taking the ball behind his own line and going the length of the field.

Posted Image

#74 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

I watched that game against the pirates in the Taverners and it was packed out. Shame Scarborough never made it really, would have been a great summer rugby away day.

#75 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I

It was a great try.  

He also scored a fantastic try against Hunslet at Elland Road, taking the ball behind his own line and going the length of the field.

I think that was the first 105 metre try i ever saw, and the way he cut inside at the halfway line just showed what a class player he was.

I think the try was on youtube too.

Edited by John North, 14 August 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#76 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

It was a great try.  

Just need to modify your statement slightly.

He took the ball in the normal field of play, but retreated to the in-goal area to avoid two on-rushing Hunslet players. Dennis helped him by pointing to the posts as he ran alongside him. As if Eddie needed telling!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#77 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just need to modify your statement slightly.

He took the ball in the normal field of play, but retreated to the in-goal area to avoid two on-rushing Hunslet players. Dennis helped him by pointing to the posts as he ran alongside him. As if Eddie needed telling!

My eyes are misting over. Please Perleeeeees Glenn - get us a good fast winger for next year (worrincey will do).

#78 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

My eyes are misting over. Please Perleeeeees Glenn - get us a good fast winger for next year (worrincey will do).

Who could we get that's available?

#79 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Got to be Greg Ashcroft for me. Gave the late great Clive Sullivan the runaround at the Boulevard one evening and given half a yard he was planting the ball down undert sticks 

#80 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Any chance of getting misi the eagles winger. Quality player and fastest in the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users