Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wire Backlash...?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I can hear Tony Smith sharpening his teeth ready for Sunday. Could be a tough day at the office for Cas as Wire push on for the one remaining prize...

#2 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

ageing team, transition looks to be stuttering along, could get worse.

#3 4sh

4sh
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Cas' will definitely get the brunt of the backlash from Warrington. They will be up there, top 3 come playoff day. Good squad, little injuries. Been in good form all year, and now 'they might fade away' since a cup defeat against Hull? Prior to that, they were winning, and winning comfortably. 

Easy win on Sunday. No question. 

#4 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I fear this backlash could in effect help to relegate Barrow as Wire now have a free weekend when the Swinton v Barrow fixture takes place, under these recent rules Swinton could get several SL stars playing for them in this massive relegation dogfight  :( 

#5 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

I fear this backlash could in effect help to relegate Barrow as Wire now have a free weekend when the Swinton v Barrow fixture takes place, under these recent rules Swinton could get several SL stars playing for them in this massive relegation dogfight :(

I sympathise in a major way. It's just wrong.

In a way it must also be a bit embarrassing for many concerned.

Needs sorting....

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Let's try and not be outraged about something that hasn't even happened. Difficult for a RL fan I know but hey.

The more I read from RL fans the more I want to sod off and support another sport.

#7 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

The only person who mentioned "outraged" was YOU.

I brought up something that very easily may happen as a part consequence of this Wire defeat, are you having a bad day or something Dave ? 

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

The only person who mentioned "outraged" was YOU.

I brought up something that very easily may happen as a part consequence of this Wire defeat, are you having a bad day or something Dave ? 

The next post mentioned the words "sympathise, major, wrong, embarrassing, needs sorting' about something that hasn't happened.

Living in Edinburgh, at times it is refreshing listening to people talk about a sport they enjoy and are passionate about, even if they only go to one or two games, without a massive chip on their shoulder. Even if I do think their sport is one of the most boring in the world.

#9 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

The next post mentioned the words "sympathise, major, wrong, embarrassing, needs sorting' about something that hasn't happened.

Living in Edinburgh, at times it is refreshing listening to people talk about a sport they enjoy and are passionate about, even if they only go to one or two games, without a massive chip on their shoulder. Even if I do think their sport is one of the most boring in the world.

Dave your also talking about something that hasn't happened while bemoaning about folk bringing up stuff about something that hasn't happened.

#10 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Dave your also talking about something that hasn't happened while bemoaning about folk bringing up stuff about something that hasn't happened.

..... And I'm talking about something that has been happening all season...... DR - it's all those words I used to describe it

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Dave your also talking about something that hasn't happened while bemoaning about folk bringing up stuff about something that hasn't happened.

No, the post did happen, that is what I was talking about!

Maybe I just need a break from the forum, it's pretty depressing reading at the moment and nowhere near matches my thoughts for the game. I'm still enjoying almost every game I watch, I'm behind the structure changes (whichever of the two they take), I'm extremely excited about the RLWC yet almost everything I read about the game I love is telling me that it is a farce and the game is dying.

In the last couple of weeks we have seen extensive threads about the game being nowhere near as good as the NRL, the Cup should be scrapped, the RLWC will be a disaster, the game will die if P&R is brought back - I even read a thread on FB about fans being outraged that there was no minutes silence for Graham Murray before the Wire v Hull semi, despite the fact his death had been confirmed within an hour of kick off. Following Twitter in the build up and during the Wire v Hull semi there were endless numbers of fans ranting about the RFL wanting a Wire v Wigan final and fixing the draw, and then during the game when Waterhouse got a try, they were calling it a conspiracy.

Being a Rugby League fan can be pretty depressing tbh.

#12 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Maybe I just need a break from the forum, it's pretty depressing reading at the moment and nowhere near matches my thoughts for the game. I'm still enjoying almost every game I watch, I'm behind the structure changes (whichever of the two they take), I'm extremely excited about the RLWC yet almost everything I read about the game I love is telling me that it is a farce and the game is dying.

In the last couple of weeks we have seen extensive threads about the game being nowhere near as good as the NRL, the Cup should be scrapped, the RLWC will be a disaster, the game will die if P&R is brought back - I even read a thread on FB about fans being outraged that there was no minutes silence for Graham Murray before the Wire v Hull semi, despite the fact his death had been confirmed within an hour of kick off. Following Twitter in the build up and during the Wire v Hull semi there were endless numbers of fans ranting about the RFL wanting a Wire v Wigan final and fixing the draw, and then during the game when Waterhouse got a try, they were calling it a conspiracy.

I think there is a really balanced view on this forum actually.

It's not all sweetness & light but its passionate & honest and surely that's the better option.. ?

Our game has its issues that can not be ignored eg sponsorship, lack of finance, Red Hall's very poor communication and the sport's slow national growth. They will rightly be debated on here.

The other side of the coin sees the recent threads about Mick Crane, Sam Tomkins, Martin Gleeson etc which have been excellent.

The humour and jousting is great but we will never all agree - long may that continue.....

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

It doesn't really help taking a break! Things don't change much.

I'm more perturbed by this...

Easy win on Sunday. No question. 

... just what we need, more arrogance.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think there is a really balanced view on this forum actually.

It's not all sweetness & light but its passionate & honest and surely that's the better option.. ?

Our game has its issues that can not be ignored eg sponsorship, lack of finance, Red Hall's very poor communication and the sport's slow national growth. They will rightly be debated on here.

The other side of the coin sees the recent threads about Mick Crane, Sam Tomkins, Martin Gleeson etc which have been excellent.

The humour and jousting is great but we will never all agree - long may that continue.....

absolutely agree about this forum, its head and shoulders the best imho, my comment was more about the general theme wherever you are. like I say, I think im just a bit fatigued by it, the Fringe festival starts today so ill hopefully spend more time outside laughing and less time on here moaning and arguing :biggrin:

#15 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

absolutely agree about this forum, its head and shoulders the best imho, my comment was more about the general theme wherever you are. like I say, I think im just a bit fatigued by it, the Fringe festival starts today so ill hopefully spend more time outside laughing and less time on here moaning and arguing :biggrin:

Enjoy!!!

#16 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I fear this backlash could in effect help to relegate Barrow as Wire now have a free weekend when the Swinton v Barrow fixture takes place, under these recent rules Swinton could get several SL stars playing for them in this massive relegation dogfight  :(

Not for the first time Swinton are mentioned (in a critical  way) whenever Warrington or DR are the topic of a post - this one being started on the backlash Castleford may get from  Warrington.

Mick I can understand where you are coming from but Barrow or Swinton won't be relegated as a result of this one game but because of the seasons results.

DR has not helped us (look at the league table) and I am sure I speak for most of our fans when I say the sooner it ends the better - we did not introduce DR, we admittedly used it to its maximum (I believe within the rules) and that made it unpopular with lots of our own fans as well as opposing ones.

I have been watching this great game of ours for over 60 years and the RFL has a history of making 'controversial' rules DR wasn't the first and won't be the last.

#17 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

I hear you 63, hope both teams avoid the drop :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users