Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I wonder, mid week will we be.......

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

.......Playing Workington Town or Workington Vikings?   Will the shirt numbers give us a clue?   Will the players be introducing themselves to each other as they take to the field?   Will Gareth Hewer be saying to their players, I thought you played for Widnes last time I penalised you and this is the championship, we don't condone forward passes.......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#2 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

.......Playing Workington Town or Workington Vikings?   Will the shirt numbers give us a clue?   Will the players be introducing themselves to each other as they take to the field?   Will Gareth Hewer be saying to their players, I thought you played for Widnes last time I penalised you and this is the championship, we don't condone forward passes.......

the jambos will probably have 3 dual reg and there loanee 

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

And like Haven haven't had duel reg before

#4 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

What a stupid comment, Town have probably used less DR players than any other club with a SL tie-up. So far as I am aware the only DR player tonight is Paddy Flynn on the wing.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Can you tell us when we have had 3 DR's together? I think it would be no more than 3 games in total. Now what about Haven they seem to have them every week nowadays?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

.......Playing Workington Town or Workington Vikings? Will the shirt numbers give us a clue? Will the players be introducing themselves to each other as they take to the field? Will Gareth Hewer be saying to their players, I thought you played for Widnes last time I penalised you and this is the championship, we don't condone forward passes.......

obviously you have absolutely no clue what your talking about. look at our last few squads, thats if you can read, and you will see we have used ONE dual reg and thats paddy flynn whos played more games for town than widnes this season. most of our games this season there have been 1 or no dual reg players in our squad. on the occasion due to injury we have used 2.but seen as no other eagles fans have commented your just a troll talking ######.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Can you tell us when we have had 3 DR's together? I think it would be no more than 3 games in total. Now what about Haven they seem to have them every week nowadays?

didnt think it would be you keith but fishing these days is an easy game lol 

#8 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

You need to find a hobby appart from sniffing charlo's undies you sad trophy dodging troll !!

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

You need to find a hobby appart from sniffing charlo's undies you sad trophy dodging troll !!

thats disgraceful unicorn..... how dare you..... honestly thats way too low....... what the heck has a troll ever done to you to be compared to a haven fan.

#10 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

thats disgraceful unicorn..... how dare you..... honestly thats way too low....... what the heck has a troll ever done to you to be compared to a haven fan.

Stopped me crossing a bridge when I was a kid ;)

#11 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Playing for town tonight on duel reg are - Rhys Hanbury - frank winterstein - Kevin brown - paddy Flynn and grant gore - should make for an interesting game

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

didnt think it would be you keith but fishing these days is an easy game lol

Fishing my a**e. You knew who we had playing but wanted to egg the troll on!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

How disappointing, I was looking forwards to seeing some quality DR players for the couple of bob I paid for the match, however the Workington players that did play, except for the pugalist were top class, they kept going to the end and there is definitely the basis of a good team there.....The other disappointment was that Gareth didn't turn up but it looks like he was diverted to the game that had the real battle (the mass brawl at Leigh).......Good performance by the Eagles, nice that a bit of squad rotation paid off......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#14 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

How disappointing, I was looking forwards to seeing some quality DR players for the couple of bob I paid for the match, however the Workington players that did play, except for the pugalist were top class, they kept going to the end and there is definitely the basis of a good team there.....The other disappointment was that Gareth didn't turn up but it looks like he was diverted to the game that had the real battle (the mass brawl at Leigh).......Good performance by the Eagles, nice that a bit of squad rotation paid off......

Thanks for the positive comments Eagletarian, but Town only use the DR when injures occure and we are lacking numbers, not like a certain club I could mention, pleased Dave Woods love child wasn't in charge last night he is one of the worst refs about . Good luck for the rest of the season.

#15 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the positive comments Eagletarian, but Town only use the DR when injures occure and we are lacking numbers, not like a certain club I could mention, pleased Dave Woods love child wasn't in charge last night he is one of the worst refs about . Good luck for the rest of the season.

so calderwood was injured that's why he didn't play ahh i see( maybe his car had broke down :tongue: ), get over yourself .Lke every other club you use DR to suit yourself.Hulme played most games early season and you had players sitting out ,briscoe was going to play cougars at home and dispite protests from your fans why  carter was not injured.No connection with this and carter suddenly going of the boil in playing form, and players are dropped on a regular basis to make way for lawton when available.

Edited by haven4ever, 02 August 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

so calderwood was injured that's why he didn't play ahh i see( maybe his car had broke down :tongue: ), get over yourself .Lke every other club you use DR to suit yourself.Hulme played most games early season and you had players sitting out ,briscoe was going to play cougars at home and dispite protests from your fans why carter was not injured.No connection with this and carter suddenly going of the boil in playing form, and players are dropped on a regular basis to make way for lawton when available.

you dont half talk some ######.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users