Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

D Day

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I rate Watson as you know, but i don't see how you could take Kainy out of the fullback role after last week, he had a great game.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#22 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Grimshaw at centre for first game back, not so sure about that one.

his defensive is good enough, less pressure in attack and gets the ball out wider. Other option is for him to play 13 and let him roam the pitch in attack.

#23 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I hear Watson has been dropped again. What a joke. He was pretty much MOTM at Barrow and then got dropped from the team.

The sacrificial lamb as if it was his fault Hoody gave them a 90 meter try and Maples and A-another dropped the winning try's on the line.

Ok Kain did well first half last week but are you telling me he could not slot in the back line somewhere?

We need to win games and selecting the team that won Championship 1 isn't good enough.

If theres no Leeds players this week , i thought thats what fans wanted Hunslet players being dropped for other Hunslet players coming in.......

#24 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

I hear Watson has been dropped again. What a joke. He was pretty much MOTM at Barrow and then got dropped from the team.

The sacrificial lamb as if it was his fault Hoody gave them a 90 meter try and Maples and A-another dropped the winning try's on the line.

Ok Kain did well first half last week but are you telling me he could not slot in the back line somewhere?

We need to win games and selecting the team that won Championship 1 isn't good enough.

despite your opinion on Pyrce him & Mapels are currently the best wingers so not many options for Kain/Watson. Not sure either could defend at centre so at the minute its one or the other.

#25 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I rate Watson as you know, but i don't see how you could take Kainy out of the fullback role after last week, he had a great game.

Kain, and I do like him so I won't slate him but - Had a good half and a rubbish second which cost us two tries last week.

The dream team was Watson, maples, keinhorst, Wellham, Kain then we had to change it all yet again.

#26 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Leigh only scored 1 try second half didn't they?

#27 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Kain, and I do like him so I won't slate him but - Had a good half and a rubbish second which cost us two tries last week.

The dream team was Watson, maples, keinhorst, Wellham, Kain then we had to change it all yet again.

I wouldn't start throwing in tries which have cost us through mistakes were Jimmy is concerned!

End of the day he's had his chance and for me has had a great season but we have continued to lose week in week out, maybe it's time to try something new, the coach gets grief for picking same players, at least he's trying to mix it up now,

I just want the 17 out on the field to give there all again, that's all I can ask for! Good luck to the boys! SO WE SHALL AGAIN

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#28 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

I just want the 17 out on the field to give there all again, that's all I can ask for! Good luck to the boys! SO WE SHALL AGAIN

Yes me too. Just frustrated. We should be pushing for a top five place not fighting for survival.

#29 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

his defensive is good enough, less pressure in attack and gets the ball out wider. Other option is for him to play 13 and let him roam the pitch in attack.

one of the best stand offs in the league but is very happy to be back wherever he has to fit in. No tears from me either just glad hes back in the mix hopefully injuries behind us and contracts to be had for 2014.He will be trying his heart out thats for sure.
chappy

#30 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Personally I think Watson should be put on the wing on Sunday instead of Pryce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users