Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

31/7-4/8/13 - The Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

:jester: :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: in your dreams!  

How close?

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#42 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

How close?

Too be honest we got out of jail!!  Thunder played extremely well and we weren't finishing our attaching sets with the usual flair.  Lucky escape but we will take the win.  Well played Gateshead Thunder.

#43 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Gateshead must be gutted to let it slip in the last 4 minutes. They played really well today and we could not have complained if they had beaten us but we went there for 3 points and brought them home - mission accomplished. Can't see Crusaders dropping any point in the 3 home fixtures. We will play better than we have in the last 2 outings.

#44 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Life is all about opinions, though in rugby league if you're from the south they don't seem to matter so much as its not 'part of the culture'.

When people from the North do try to support Scorpions Rob, they get idiots who are too cowardly to identify themselves trying to extract the urine out of them, making personal attacks on dress sense etc, just because they were a tie, and other people who have been considered friends for years refusing to identify them. I am 57 years old - I don't follow fashion. Maybe its a South Wales thing because I am English, but I was always accepted by Celtic Crusaders fans in Bridgend and was awarded a trophy as the first ever Celtic Crusaders supporter of the year, and I seem to have a lot of friends in Wrexham. Maybe its a Neath thing? If I owned a Rugby League team in South Wales they would play in Pontypridd. Neath is soulless and certainly not the place to play RL. Hence, I no longer go on the Scorpions forum.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 06 August 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#45 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

Absolutely Lobby.

Undoubtedly a fair result.

Special mention for the Lad dressed up as the Sheep who last week  shook our hands as we entered

the Oldham Clubhouse prior to the Cru fixture.

He`s a real fan without doubt and a credit to his club.

Good on yer mate.

tbh good luck to oldham but they got skolars on a very bad day and also a ref on very bad day as well. hope we can have another crack at them

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#46 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Before I talk about anything else, I just want to post my respect for all of our friends at the Gateshead Thunder Club today. Un-prompted, Jim Bradley announced he was going to put his hand in his pocket and contribute to Simon and Sarah's sponsored walk. All the Gateshead Thunder supporters then followed suit.

I felt humbled in the presence of such fantastic people this afternoon who raised over £100 between them, for people who live 200 miles away.

Proper supporters, and more to the point -proper people, and proud to know all of them. Our respect, admiration and gratitude to all at Gateshead Thuner today.

I have taken this from the North Wales Crusaders facebook page because I think more people should know what a great crowd the Gateshead people are.

#47 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

How close?

Close but no cigar, as the saying goes.

Thunder and their fans superb yesterday.

#48 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

I thought we switched off somewhat at the start
Of each half IM2.
You never know we may see them again play off
Wise.

#49 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Agree with Celtic Rooster. Who is himself a totally committed supporter of Rugby League.

Gateshead played Scorpions at Neath two weeks ago. Gateshead is a long way from Neath Their supporters were superbly supportive and vocal for their team. I hope that they enjoyed their weekend in the Principality. 

#50 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

I thought we switched off somewhat at the start
Of each half IM2.
You never know we may see them again play off
Wise.

fingers crossed as we need to do better and it would be great to have another go

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#51 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

fingers crossed as we need to do better and it would be great to have another go

Would love to see Crusaders up as champions & Skolars  up in play offs

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users