Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/08/13 - London Broncos v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Voted Leeds Rhinos (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Discuss London Broncos v Leeds Rhinos here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

sorry broncos, i can't see anything else but a comfortable win for the loiners..
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Leeds win in front of a crowd of 6 people. Rest of the crowd to turn up next Monday.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 4sh

4sh
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Anything but a 40+ margin for Leeds would be a disappointment. London 12-18 points behind at half time, Leeds will run away with it in the second half.

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Leeds by 28

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Leeds by 50+, gate under 1k.

#7 morleyrhino

morleyrhino
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Leeds by at least 30, anything less would be dissapointing .

#8 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I will be turning up even if the team dont.

#9 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

like the team, I wont be but.............it doesnt matter because we're heading for the nrl, in yer face Heartlanders!

http://www.rlfans.co...dex.php?id=1261

interesting snippet at the bottom of that whimsy....WCC confirmed for Aus next year

#10 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

The move from Monday 5th to Thursday 1st did for me, I will be watching the Ashes not the Thrashes.

On Backchat last night Martyn Sadler advocated Shaun Edwards being brought in as London Coach.some points about this

Firstly, Shaun Edwards turned down the London Coaching job in 2006. He made it clear he wanted to stay in Rugby Union. (A Pastel Revolution Page 116)

Secondly, The RFL does not force our owner to do anything, indeed the advice that has been proffered by the RFL he has chosen to ignore and this is also a matter of public record. In his lament on franchising at a recent seminar, Gary Hetherington made a point about the RFL not having the power to tackle clubs making a mess of the franchise. I think the Broncos might well have been exhibit A

Finally, Tony Rea is a close friend of David Hughes, the two of them are part of a select band of people who know the direction of travel for the club, certainly not players or fans, you may or may not wish to include Gus Mackay in that number but you certainly can include one Michael Stephenson curiously absent last night.

I will be getting back to watch the opening of the SKY telecast with greast interest, perhaps it may go something like.

Eduardo "He's not got that many friends in Rugby League, but one of them's David Hughes and he has some news for Stevo"

Much mirth and laughter at the injoke by the dynamic duo

Stevo "Well Eddie the problems at this club are well known and as I have said the people of London have consistently shown that they do not want Rugby League in the Capital, so David has confirmed to me that....."

Stay tuned...

London 6 Leeds 58 Attendance 1,742.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 31 July 2013 - 05:32 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,020 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Why is this game being played in London.?

Surely there would be a better attendance at Elland Road.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

The grave dancers' union will be out in force.

#13 TheAbster

TheAbster
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Why is this game being played in London.?

Surely there would be a better attendance at Elland Road.

Do you mean elland road on purpose? Or did you think that the rhinos played there?

#14 John Connor

John Connor
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Think he meant Elland Road would be a good neutral venue, a bit like LSV last Saturday.

#15 TheAbster

TheAbster
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Think he meant Elland Road would be a good neutral venue, a bit like LSV last Saturday.

Yeh, i suppose - still dont think many london fans would make it up to Elland road :)

#16 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Brian McDermott looks ahead to this Thursday’s game at London Broncos.

WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM LONDON ON THURSDAY NIGHT?

First and foremost I think we can forget about their performance at the weekend in the Challenge Cup. They will have been bitterly disappointed with that game but we won’t see that type of performance from them on Thursday night. They will be determined to get their season back on track and finish the campaign strongly starting with the visit of the Champions to their own patch. I am sure that will have been the talk after the Wigan game in their camp and that defeat will have been put to one side almost immediately. They have got some emerging youngsters and Jamie Soward is a quality addition to their squad so we will not be underestimating them.

WILL IT BE AN EMOTIONAL OCCASION ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS?

There is plenty of emotions around the game with it being Kevin Sinfield’s 500th game in his career and of course following the sad death of Graham Murray. Kev and Jamie Jones-Buchanan played under Graham and many at the club have spoken about the lasting legacy he has left at the Rhinos. For Kevin is it an incredible achievement to have reached 500 games and it is testament to the complete professional he is. A good example of why he has reached this landmark is how he looked after himself with his recent injury, the way he lives his life and the sacrifices he makes ensures that if he gets injured, which is rarely, he is back ready to play sooner than most.

HOW IS YOUR SIDE SHAPING UP?

We have recalled Paul McShane to the 19 man squad ahead of us leaving for London in place of Jimmy Keinhorst. This is to cover for a couple of injury concerns we have and Paul gives us more options. We are pleased to have Kallum Watkins and Ryan Bailey back this week. Both players are looking forward to getting back on the field, Ryan after a lengthy lay off and Kallum following a frustrating week out last week having returned from injury just recently himself.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#17 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Do you mean elland road on purpose? Or did you think that the rhinos played there?

Think it was a piece of mischievous irony.

Naughty but amusing...

#18 4sh

4sh
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Leeds to win by more than 30? Anyone agree its going to be a walkover? Or will London roll their sleeves up?

#19 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Leeds win 42-6

#20 4sh

4sh
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

That's a little specific..