Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

04/08/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Salford City Reds KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Salford City Reds (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Discuss Huddersfield Giants v Salford City Reds here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Giants the minor premiers elect and possibly SL champions?will win this easily by 24,although the recent end of seasons fade outs will be on their minds.Next few weeks will be very interesting for the Gnats

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I daren't call it
Voted home win just cos but we win the next 3 games were minor premiers IMO
Argh

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

I daren't call it
Voted home win just cos but we win the next 3 games were minor premiers IMO
Argh

Definitely a very good side,but without using the Fergie saying ,but it is coming to that time again.Surely they must not do it this time

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 4sh

4sh
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I can't see why not, Huddersfield have the easier run in' now compared to Wigan.. I wouldn't write Warrington off just yet though, the remaining fixtures for them aren't too bad.

End of the season:

1. Huddersfield

2. Warrington

3. Wigan

Decider is when Huddersfield play Wigan next week though IMO.

#6 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Salford are struggling to field a team, 3 players are banned, 3 released, 4 at least injured.

24 point win for Giants

#7 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Salford will win this.

They are a bogey team for the Giants. 

That's me.  I'm done.

#8 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

They can score points and have turned us over too often when a win would put us ahead

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hudds to win this after the defeat in Salford earlier in the season. Given the absence of the Salford boxers and other motivation Hudds are likely to get this game won early...

#10 John Connor

John Connor
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

It's not just the boxers who are missing. James is injured and McPherson will probably still be out. That's the five main props.
Mauro, along with Foran, has been released. Gledhill who was out on loan is also gone. Jordan Walne is on loan. George Tyson from the academy got taken off in the last game and looks like he'll be out and there's rumours about Matty Ashurst being injured as well. Chris Nero has retired after suffering a neck injury.
So it looks like we'll be a bit short in the forwards.

The backs look a lot healthier with only our two best three quarters, Gleeson and Broughton missing.

Good job we started this season with such a powerful squad.

#11 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's not just the boxers who are missing. James is injured and McPherson will probably still be out. That's the five main props.
Mauro, along with Foran, has been released. Gledhill who was out on loan is also gone. Jordan Walne is on loan. George Tyson from the academy got taken off in the last game and looks like he'll be out and there's rumours about Matty Ashurst being injured as well. Chris Nero has retired after suffering a neck injury.
So it looks like we'll be a bit short in the forwards.

The backs look a lot healthier with only our two best three quarters, Gleeson and Broughton missing.

Good job we started this season with such a powerful squad.

So, a Salford win then?  ;)

#12 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Looking more and more certain isnt it :(

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Anyone would think you've been disappointed in the past. ;)

#14 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

30 odd years of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory lol

#15 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

I can't get to this one, or the Wigan game sadly.

Up the Giants!

#16 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

If Fartown can't win this in some style they can forget winning anything, Thats not to belittle Salford in any way ( They have turned us over often enough ) But they have lots of men missing, The danger is same as always, thinking it will be easy,

Last game we were coasting and got a right fright in second half, I expect them to have learned something from that.

Giants by 20

• Ant likes this
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#17 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yeah

Giants better be pumped for this one, second to last home game and intensity building for next weeks epic at Wigan

#18 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Salford may be short of experience in the pack but the spine of the side has remained the same for the past few games.

Danger all over the park from Huddersfield but Brough had a poor game by his standards at SCS and Huddersfield overall didn't look a top side on their Good Friday appearance. 

I expect a good display from the Salford half-backs and a good effort from the youngsters added to the squad.

I am also hoping the spelling of Godwin will be beneficial with a number of the former Under 20's being reunited.

#19 John Connor

John Connor
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Certainly are short of experience in the forwards. Noble normally has five props in the 17 . Tomorrow it looks like we'll be starting with Neal and Adam Walne, with Alex Davidson, who is on academy contract, the only other prop in the 19 man squad.

Will Hope will probably start in the second row and I would think we'll have Jordan Walne and Jordan Davies on the bench.

There are 10 of last year's academy team in the 19 man squad, so we'll probably be looking at 8 in the 17, plus 23 year old Davies, who played junior RL at Eccles.

Really hope the young lads go well and give Nobby reason to give them a decent chance in future.

But I can see a pack as big as Huddersfield's being way too much to handle. Any sort of good performance, irrespective of result, will be welcomed by our fans.

#20 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ladbrokes odds

Giants 1/50

Reds 16/1
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users