TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SWINTON V BARROW

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Swinton v Barrow takes place on the Thursday before the Wembley final which means Warrington don’t have a game.

You don’t need to be Einstein to work out what kind of side Swinton will field in a bid to avoid relegation !!!!

The Dual Reg system stinks.

Posted Image

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

If Swinton field Briers, Myler, Westwood, Waterhouse and Ratchford it will cause far to much controversy IMO.

If we were relegated and Swinton stayed up due to them fielding Warrington players I imagine we would get a lot of support from other clubs about it.

I think Warrington will probably let the likes of Tyrone Mcarthy, Ben Currie ect play but not the 'big names.' Tony Smith believes in sports science or something along those lines, he has been trying for a couple of seasons now to stop Wire running out of steam towards the end of the season. So I'm expecting Smith to take this week off and use it for Warringtons advantage, not Swintons.

#4 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Is there any truth in
Swinton having tax problems? Taxman going for winding up order
Lets see how we go with Halifax ,lets get behind the team
If Swinton is loaded with
Warrington players,do we think the RFL will reconsider dual reg (I don't suppose so as the don't seem to listen the rugby league heartlands)

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm sure it's already been announced that due reg is to be done way with next season.

On the subject of Swinton take a look at the following   http://www.winding-u...l-club-limited/

Edited by Michael Ashton, 31 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#6 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Does that mean points deduction ? or am i thinking of something else.

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#7 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

how many warrington players did they have when they beat featherstone

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Tyrone Mcarthy, Williams on the wing, Brad Dwyer aswell but I think that's it.

They aren't the first bottom half team to beat Fev. If our attitude wasn't so poor we could of given them a game.

#9 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

7 players in connection with Wire

Mendeika

Williams

Harvey

Hulme

McCarthy

Riley

Dwyer

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Does that mean points deduction ? or am i thinking of something else.

If the petitioner (hmrc) is paid then the petition is dismissed and no further issues.

If a winding up order is issued by the court, then the company is liquidated and it is bye bye swinton. ( no club = no points deduction)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

If a winding up order is issued by the court, then the company is liquidated and it is bye bye swinton. ( no club = no points deduction)

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen lion man

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

If the petitioner (hmrc) is paid then the petition is dismissed and no further issues.

Lets hope Swinton pull thro.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#13 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

Once the nice people have been paid you can look forward to your big anniversary, best of luck.

#14 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Lets hope Swinton pull thro.

No sympathy if any financial problems come from playing Briers & Morley etc - don't quote me,

but roughly told that if a player is on 80 grand & plays 1 game for Swinton it counts as 8 grand

against their salary cap, so 16 grand if he plays 2 games etc, so they need to get that amount

of extra income to cover it - so tough sh*t...

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

No sympathy if any financial problems come from playing Briers & Morley etc - don't quote me,
but roughly told that if a player is on 80 grand & plays 1 game for Swinton it counts as 8 grand
against their salary cap, so 16 grand if he plays 2 games etc, so they need to get that amount
of extra income to cover it - so tough sh*t...

Your figures are wrong entirely.

A player on £100,000 a year plus salary for an SL club counts as £1500 a game on a Championships club salary cap.

I can't quite remember what the rates are for less than hundred grand but it's divided into 3 sections for how they impact the salary cap. They'll be easy to find though.

Swinton won't pay a penny to the Wire players anyway so it's irrelevant if I'm honest.

#16 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Your figures are wrong entirely.

A player on £100,000 a year plus salary for an SL club counts as £1500 a game on a Championships club salary cap.

I can't quite remember what the rates are for less than hundred grand but it's divided into 3 sections for how they impact the salary cap. They'll be easy to find though.

Swinton won't pay a penny to the Wire players anyway so it's irrelevant if I'm honest.

I'll take your word for it - didn't think they would be paying - just the affect on the salary cap

#17 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

7 players in connection with Wire

Mendeika

Williams

Harvey

Hulme

McCarthy

Riley

Dwyer

Harvey had left the game two seasons ago...........how far back are you going for a wire connection? How about Penny? 

Does it really matter? This discussion has been done to death....and really Barrow cant take the moral high ground...

#18 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Harvey had left the game two seasons ago...........how far back are you going for a wire connection? How about Penny? 

Does it really matter? This discussion has been done to death....and really Barrow cant take the moral high ground...

Well said Mark - we seem to be featured everywhere where Warrington or DR are concerned - another post on the General Rugby League forum

#19 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Briers & Morley have played one game each all season for Swinton. Each when recovering from injury and so hardly at 100 per cent anyway. This post is not meant to be a defence of the Lions' use of the DR system, just a statement of fact.

#20 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

one game to many in a lot of peoples eyes. don't think RL  thought  the DR system would get so over used. if it stays changes defo need put in place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users